Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ugh....

I really hate coming in here since my self-imposed DD thread ban but I did not see this mentioned anywhere soooooooooo.......

From BasketballInsiders.com:

DeMar DeRozan – Toronto

The DeRozan rumors are 100 percent fan driven. Sources close to the Raptors side of the equation said they have not entertained anything with DeRozan’s name on it and that he has been a central and core figure for them in recruiting free agents and being a leader in the offseason.

DeRozan get mentioned because he is an All-Star and a lot of fans want more than what he provides and mention him as the stepping stone to a better player. All of that may be true from a fan perspective, but from a team perspective DeRozan is way ahead of where they wanted him to be as a player and his production to his contract is stellar. They just need to surround him with more talent and that was a goal this summer.

You never say never when it comes to trades, especially if the season starts to get away from you, but to characterize DeRozan as obtainable would be wrong. To get DeRozan, you’d have to offer a ton and the Raptors are not exploring that
    http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nb...-wont-go-away/

Comment

• Been saying this the whole summer.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Buck's bandwagon anyone?

Comment

• Wow basketball insiders. Thats luke fox news

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
            Wow basketball insiders. Thats luke fox news

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk
            I heard they have a wiretap on Masai's blackberry passport :eekk
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• As I've been saying. Very unlikely DeRozan is traded, that article only helps confirm that.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                Ugh....

I really hate coming in here since my self-imposed DD thread ban but I did not see this mentioned anywhere soooooooooo.......

Thanks for posting this.

Kinda echoes what I've been saying for a very long time.

Comment

• Honestly, the trading of DeRozan has always been my opinion.

Still think it is a possibility.

This 'report' from BasketballInsiders means little in my opinion.... just as Wolstat's tweet about trading him before extension means little.

Bottom line is Raps front office is on lock down for leaks. They know as much as we do.

Comment

• If Woj can't get our picks a few minutes ahead of time, no way BBall-Insiders can get our free agency/trade plans months in advance.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      If Woj can't get our picks a few minutes ahead of time, no way BBall-Insiders can get our free agency/trade plans months in advance.
                      Obviously they wouldn't know our plans, but the article's premise does fall in line with DeMar being heavily involved in FA recruiting. That would indicate to me at least that the Raptors consider him to be part of the future plans, otherwise I don't see why he'd get involved in that. Doesn't mean he's untouchable, but that the team isn't actively looking to move him.

I do find it a little strange that people are skeptical about this article but the "whispers" about DeRozan's camp demanding a max in FA are taken as fact. Especially when that article was written by Wolstat who has been proven to not know jack.

Comment

• Anyone who thinks DeMar is going to ask for the max, or 20M+ even, based on that article is indeed believing too freely, just like with this report.

I on the other hand have been saying DeMar would be asking for a max or near-max deal well before that Wolstat report. It's just logical.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                          Ugh....

Good read . Don't you ever wonder who these 'sources' are?

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            Anyone who thinks DeMar is going to ask for the max, or 20M+ even, based on that article is indeed believing too freely, just like with this report.

I on the other hand have been saying DeMar would be asking for a max or near-max deal well before that Wolstat report. It's just logical.
                            All the more reason to decide THIS offseason what is the long term approach and discuss directly with DD so as to avoid another Chris Bosh situation where he gets frustrated and walks for nothing.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                              All the more reason to decide THIS offseason what is the long term approach and discuss directly with DD so as to avoid another Chris Bosh situation where he gets frustrated and walks for nothing.
                              Demar isn't Bosh. Play out the season and if another team wants a non-shooting SG that isn't great defensively fine. Almost every SG similar to Demar - Kobe, Wade, MJ were also elite defenders in their prime

Comment

• Lol is it so hard for you guys to accept that Masai doesn't view DD like some of you do?
                                Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Sat Aug 1, 2015, 04:07 PM.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X