Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    Could be a high end lottery pick starting next year!

Who happens to be Canadian!!!!

Uh oh..... Knick-Nugget bulge......again
    Or a high end lottery PF could be drafted and comes in starting right away.

Then sign Batum.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
      I would be very interested to see what Ross does in a new system, or hell any of the second/third tier sgs in the league would bring with a new system. Say JV imporoves incrementally, Lowry maintains his pay from last season, Carroll as well and we add a big upgrad at pf(horford, Millsap, Favors or something hypotetical) then we dont need to add a "shooting guard better than demar" just because we are trading demar.
      I'm not even saying if you need to add a SG better than DeMar. I'm saying you at least need a starting caliber 2-guard or the team is really going to feel the hit.

And your hypothetical isn't really what I'm arguing. If DeMar was traded for Favors or we let him walk or S&T to sign Horford, I wouldn't really have a problem with that. Those guys have DeMar level impact or better at their respective positions so it's a good move. I've consistently said that I would co-sign such deals (however the chances of Utah dealing Favors for an expiring DeRozan are damn near 0).

My issue has always been this idea of dealing DD away for a mid-1st (which is basically nothing compared to his actual value) and then proceeding from there. It doesn't make sense and just creates a huge hole for us. If we don't get Horford or Durant in FA following such a move, we'd be taking a huge step back the following season (Batum would either be linear or a step back depending on what kind of offense is implemented and how well). I can't even imagine Masai making a deal like that. This is a dude known for fleecing, not panic selling.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
        I'm not even saying if you need to add a SG better than DeMar. I'm saying you at least need a starting caliber 2-guard or the team is really going to feel the hit.

And your hypothetical isn't really what I'm arguing. If DeMar was traded for Favors or we let him walk or S&T to sign Horford, I wouldn't really have a problem with that. Those guys have DeMar level impact or better at their respective positions so it's a good move. I've consistently said that I would co-sign such deals (however the chances of Utah dealing Favors for an expiring DeRozan are damn near 0).

My issue has always been this idea of dealing DD away for a mid-1st (which is basically nothing compared to his actual value) and then proceeding from there. It doesn't make sense and just creates a huge hole for us. If we don't get Horford or Durant in FA following such a move, we'd be taking a huge step back the following season (Batum would either be linear or a step back depending on what kind of offense is implemented and how well). I can't even imagine Masai making a deal like that. This is a dude known for fleecing, not panic selling.
        the dealing for a mid pick was a bit of a troll post i think, and that was dozens of pages ago.

Dealing him with the intent of creating space is another story though, especially if you have a comittment from a guy like Horford.

Comment

• Guys please can we just look at this rationally...

Masai traded John Salmons for a mid-1st (Bebe) and the 6th man of the year.

And he's gonna just turn around and trade DD for a mid-1st? Come on guys.

Comment

the dealing for a mid pick was a bit of a troll post i think, and that was dozens of pages ago.

Dealing him with the intent of creating space is another story though, especially if you have a comittment from a guy like Horford.
            If you have a commitment from Horford you would be in the FA period already. In that case I'd expect Masai to see what he can do to create enough space for DD AND Horford. If he can't then I'd expect DeRozan to be let go since Horford is a superior player. But the idea of just trading DD now for mediocre return when you don't have such commitments boggles my mind.

Comment

No trolling.

Someone made a post asking how to sign a max level free agent.

I replied unless you want to trade your depth/bench or lose DD for nothing, you'd need to trade him for a mid to late first round pick because everything else would have a cap hold making signing a max free agent impossible.

People read what they want and remember whatever fits the narrative they have created. Whatcha gonna do???

Comment

No trolling.

I replied unless you want to trade your depth/bench or lose DD for nothing, you'd need to trade him for a mid to late first round pick because everything else would have a cap hold making signing a max free agent impossible.

People read what they want and remember whatever fits the narrative they have created. Whatcha gonna do???
                If DD signs for a deal starting at ~20M per or less (assuming Val rumors are true and he's signing something starting at 15M) we'd have room for a max level FA if we made a few trades (would not have to deal any starters).

Comment

..[B]trade your depth/bench [B]or lose DD for nothing, you'd need to trade him for a mid to late first round pick because everything else would have a cap hold making signing a max free agent impossible...
                  JWash wrote: View Post
                  ...we'd have room for a max level FA if we made a few trades (would not have to deal any starters).

JWash, making a few trades would equate to trading your depth/bench, would it not?

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                    JWash, making a few trades would equate to trading your depth/bench, would it not?
                    Oh crap I misread his post, my bad.

Comment

No trolling.

well than, that certainly falls into the second sentence of the post of mine you quoted.

Comment

• What did i miss today?

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                          What did i miss today?

Nothing.. Raptors players get an urge every so often to tweet or post a pic with that hashtag.

Comment

• Probably in reference to the ESPN 6th place prediction.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              Probably in reference to the ESPN 6th place prediction.
                              Good call, that's probably right.

Unfortunately I don't really disagree with ESPN per se. The teams from 2-7 are so close in the east that it's really hard to tell who's going to finish where. I'd bet on us being higher than 6th, but it's not really a horrible prediction by ESPN.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                                What did i miss today?

He was in here reading mcHappy's suggestion to trade him for a mid to late-first.
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X