Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
    And yeah, there's that. With DeMar only just entering his prime years, he projects as an above average defender, especially with his size at the 2-spot. If he can take his floor game to another level, he can be in that tier above Monta, who was a very good player in his own right.
    Demar is looking for max and he isnt guaranteed to be better than Monta it just seems wrong

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
      Demar is looking for max and he isnt guaranteed to be better than Monta it just seems wrong
      You don't think Monta was "looking for the max" once upon a time?

Comment

he looked like he was out of the league with a chucker label, until Mavs picked him up

Comment

he looked like he was out of the league with a chucker label, until Mavs picked him up
          You conveniently leave out that he got 5 years, 55 mill with from the Warriors, which is comparable to what under the new cap?

Comment

You conveniently leave out that he got 5 years, 55 mill with from the Warriors, which is comparable to what under the new cap?
            That was his rookie extension comparable to Demar @ 9.5. Monta was a much better player at his extension then Demar. His 3@24 with Mavs was at his chuckiest, ball-hoggiest

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
              The difference between Monta and Demar is about 4 inches and 4 years.

Demar is a better defender overall and is obviously more valuable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              I don't see it as being very obvious at all actually.

I don't think anyone disagrees that DeMar hasn't improved his dribbling, 3pt shooting, etc. But, the fact that he uses them to put up bad, contested, inefficient shots renders his skills as basically ineffective. Especially when facing good defenders/defenses like Porter in the playoffs last year, and Washington's overall great defense.

Comment

Because he didn't need to work on his handles? They were fine as they were?
                three point shooting, shot selection, defence are/were more important but have not progressed enough.

Comment

That was his rookie extension comparable to Demar @ 9.5. Monta was a much better player at his extension then Demar. His 3@24 with Mavs was at his chuckiest, ball-hoggiest
                  I think he was signed as an unrestricted free agent (being a 2nd rounder), no? The point is every player tries to get paid as much as possible at one point or another (if not all of them). That DeMar is "looking for the max" should surprise no one, nor alarm anyone to any great extent. The only way he's getting the max is if he has a truly all-world season, in which case we're probably well above 50 wins and competing to get to the ECF. If that's the case, then yeah, the max will be in play; if not, he's probably going to be payed similarly to how Monta was in 2008.

Comment

Did he get it?

Because I don't remember him getting it.

So what's your point.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                      three point shooting, shot selection, defence are/were more important but have not progressed enough.
                      Hoping his D and his 3 have improved substantially. Poor shot selection kinda came with the territory of being counted to carry such a heavy offensive load due the players around him. Hoping that improves as well with a new team and a shift in the systems being used.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Comment

Hoping his D and his 3 have improved substantially. Poor shot selection kinda came with the territory of being counted to carry such a heavy offensive load due the players around him. Hoping that improves as well with a new team and a shift in the systems being used.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.
                        ...again.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                          ...again.
                          As is the case for every player. You're always waiting to see how they'll play and progress from season to season.

Comment

Demar is looking for max ...
                            I don't think we have any substantiated proof that this is in fact true though.

Anywho, glad to see this conversation has evolved and progressed ... Lol

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                              Did he get it?

Because I don't remember him getting it.

So what's your point.
                              My point is that you shouldn't assume he's getting the max because he's "looking for it" just so you can hate on him all the more.

Comment

My point is that you shouldn't assume he's getting the max because he's "looking for it" just so you can hate on him all the more.
                                It's not about the money or even the cap space but that he assumes he'll be the goto scorer. Even if he didn't want a max deal he needs to keep the ball moving. The Raptors don't have enough good options to allow the ball to stop when he gets the ball. If he doesn't take a sub 40% 2pt shot the next guy will

Comment

Working...
                                X