Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    Wanting or hoping he gets the max or even close to it, as many have proclaimed and eagerly await to gloat, hurts the franchise.

He doesn't impact winning enough to warrant that kind of contract.
    Who on earth has said that they want DD to get a max? I'm a huge DD fan but I want him to get as little as we can possibly sign him for so we have as much flexibility as possible.

Why is it a crime to like our team's all-star shooting guard? I don't get it.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
      Who on earth has said that they want DD to get a max? I'm a huge DD fan but I want him to get as little as we can possibly sign him for so we have as much flexibility as possible.

Why is it a crime to like our team's all-star shooting guard? I don't get it.
      Well, to be fair, you did, in your Happy Birthday DeMar thread.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        Well, to be fair, you did, in your Happy Birthday DeMar thread.
        That was clearly a joke..................

Comment

• I am 99.9% confident that if DD was resigned to the max, several posters would be thrilled that he (and they) #ProvedEm.

Sadly, the Demar contract situation will dramatically impact our team moving forward. Pay him too much, and we cap out without enough talent to win. Let him walk for nothing, or undersell him, better have a damn good plan for that cap space.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
            I am 99.9% confident that if DD was resigned to the max, several posters would be thrilled that he (and they) #ProvedEm.

Sadly, the Demar contract situation will dramatically impact our team moving forward. Pay him too much, and we cap out without enough talent to win. Let him walk for nothing, or undersell him, better have a damn good plan for that cap space.
            I'm glad someone understood my clearly poorly explained post.

Nothing wrong with cheering for players. Cheering them to get a max or near max contract as evidence of #ProvedEm only hurts the franchise.

If JV signs a max contract I won't be happy just as if DD signs a max contract I won't be happy either.

Comment

• If DD gets a max contract from the raptors it will be the first time I start to really question MU

Comment

• Everything Demar Derozan

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

Nothing wrong with cheering for players. Cheering them to get a max or near max contract as evidence of #ProvedEm only hurts the franchise.

If JV signs a max contract I won't be happy just as if DD signs a max contract I won't be happy either.
                I understood and I was on the fence whether TRex was being serious or not (was leaning joking but wasn't sure).

Some fans do get overly attached to players and that can cloud their judgement on what is best for the franchise. Old guys like us, we were more attached to guys like VC, Mo Pete, Mighty Mouse, Oak. Younger fans associate more with DD, Amir (who everyone loves), KL. Since our guys are gone/retired, our vested interest is solely with the franchise.

I think this is a natural progression of most fandoms. You start with a player, then adopt the franchise and once that player moves on you stick with the franchise. Now with the Raps franchise being younger than us, it is a little bit different but I think the same general premise applies. If Mo Pete was being signed, I'd be much more torn over wanting him to get $$$ vs team bargain. Thankfully (or sadly) that isn't happening and I get to watch him tolerate Leo like the rest of us.

The fact that DD is a decisive player doesn't help the situation. Bosh was different because everyone agreed that he was a better calibre player, but in the end we got burned on that one.

DD could be the lynchpin for the next 5 years. If he stays and for how much impacts our options moving forward (to land that true star). If he goes, did we recoup value (trade) or are we left with cap space and hoping to find someone willing to sign?

Until this is resolved, one way or the other, hard to move forward and makes the future beyond this season impossible to forecast. Guess that means lots more DeBates on RR.
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• You guys cannot be serious right now.... So all the DD fans became Raptors fans in 2009?

Please don't turn this into an old vs. new fans thing. Because that's going to get debunked really quickly. Trying to categorize all DeRozan fans as new age, twitter hash-tag fans is a little bit ridiculous.
                  Last edited by JWash; Thu Aug 20, 2015, 08:04 AM.

Comment

....DD could be the lynchpin for the next 5 years. If he stays and for how much impacts our options moving forward (to land that true star). If he goes, did we recoup value (trade) or are we left with cap space and hoping to find someone willing to sign?...
                    And that's why Masai gets the big bucks. Oddly enough I have complete confidence in MU. Even if he were to sign DD to the max, I would simply think "Hmmmm. He's got a plan in mind where having DeMar get all that cash will help the team down the road." Given Masai's so far excellent moves, I believe I really can just float along, blithely ignorant of what he has in mind, but stupidly happy with how things are progressing.

It certainly removes angst from my thoughts about the future of the franchise and reduces stress in my life.

Comment

I am 99.9% confident that if DD was resigned to the max, several posters would be thrilled that he (and they) #ProvedEm.

#TradeEm

Comment

You guys cannot be serious right now.... So all the DD fans became Raptors fans in 2009?

Please don't turn this into an old vs. new fans thing. Because that's going to get debunked really quickly. Trying to categorize all DeRozan fans as new age, twitter hash-tag fans is a little bit ridiculous.
                        pretty sure he said "SOME FANS"

Also, he is right.

Comment

• I was a fan of the Raptors long before DeRozan was on the team and I'm sure many of the other people who like DeRozan can say the same.

I do not like this questioning people's fandom thing at all, it's annoying and it just causes unnecessary arguments. This isn't a "who's a bigger Raptors fan" thread it's a "DeRozan" thread. Let's debate the topic not how good of a fan certain posters or groups of posters are. I mean it's basically a personal attack.

Comment

I was a fan of the Raptors long before DeRozan was on the team and I'm sure many of the other people who like DeRozan can say the same.

I do not like this questioning people's fandom thing at all, it's annoying and it just causes unnecessary arguments. This isn't a "who's a bigger Raptors fan" thread it's a "DeRozan" thread. Let's debate the topic not how good of a fan certain posters or groups of posters are. I mean it's basically a personal attack.
                            you have been guilty of doing exactly this a number of times.

And I have re-read axels post a number of times, and he never said anything you are claiming. He clearly stated that SOME people obviously like Demar more than the rest of the players, to and some like the team raptors. He used an example of how some loved VC etc over everything else...I know I did, and I didnt care how big of contract Frunwald handed out to people as long as Vince made me stand up out of my seat every game.

That is not an unreasonable comment, and seems more like you getting all bent out of shape, again, over nothing

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

I'm pretty sure you just made up #ProveEm having anything to do with $$ and/or a max contract.

There are pages and pages in this thread where Demar's supporters are arguing that he's not going to get the Max. Maybe you can find one person who thinks he's currently worth the max. Remember the detractors would always say "it only takes one crazy GM." I don't recall that little phrase coming from Demar's supporters.

I think the fact that people are saying he will get the max (I find it ironic that it's mostly the people who don't think he's really all that good btw) proves that he's a better player than some give him credit for.....hence #ProveEm.

It's possible to cheer for Demar AND the franchise. To me, he's pretty much the face of it right now anyways (whether that's good or not is irrelevant.)

I think it's unwise to question fans loyalty to the franchise. It's really beneath you IMO. I can't speak for everyone but I watched this team since day one. Mighty Mouse to Vince Carter glory days to Chris Bosh and now. Some people have their favourite players, that's it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• can I shut this thread down until something changes? It makes my eyes bleed
                                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Working...
                                X