• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• for the record...

1 - I say no

2 - I take the deal

3 - my paper says 3 years 54 million
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
      Screen shot of the numbers didnt work out so good, so just zoom in to read them better.

Also, players used in comparison were

Kevin Martin
      DeMar DeRozan
      Eric Gordon
      Monta Ellis
      Victor Oladipo
      Bradley Beal
      Courtney Lee
      Lou Williams
      Klay Thompson
      Kyle Korver
      Wesley Matthews
      Jimmy Butler

Kevin Martin 1.25PPS/ $6.5M
      DeMar DeRozan 1.22PPS/ $10M
      Eric Gordon 1.18PPS/$15M
      Monta Ellis 1.12PPS/$8M
      Victor Oladipo 1.19PPS/rookie
      Bradley Beal 1.13PPS/set for near max or max
      Courtney Lee 1.21PPS/$5M
      Lou Williams 1.34PPS/$7M
      Klay Thompson 1.28PPS/$15.5M
      Kyle Korver 1.52PPS/$6M
      Wesley Matthews 1.27PPS/$17M
      Jimmy Butler 1.43PPS/$16.4M

The only player making more than DeRozan who really shouldn't be is Eric Gordon.

Thompson, Matthews, Butler are all 3 point threats and defensive stoppers.

OSC call for $8M is not too far off. New cap bump that up to about $11M.

I'll go for $13M.... ahhhh hell, I'll go to his cap hold $14M.... but that is only because of his loyalty and hardwork.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
        GUN TO YOUR HEAD - no explanation required

SCENARIO 1
        NO

SCENARIO 2
        TRADE APPROVED

SCENARIO 3
        4 years, starting at $17M, no player options, no no-trade clause, ideally either a team-option or buy-out clause in year 4
        Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Thu Aug 20, 2015, 02:26 PM.

Comment

OKAY GUYS because I think a lot of us are closer on this then the thread reflects

Here's the scenario

SCENARIO 1

It's next off season

DeMar's agent walks in and says

I want the five year max or my client walks (110 - 120 million dollars)

YES or NO

SCENARIO 2

It's a month before the trade deadline DeMar's agent walks in and sits down with you

He says hey -insert your name here-

This is a list of teams we are interested in provided you do not want to pay the max. The interest between us and these teams is mutual (it's irrelevant for this scenario who the teams are but the package we get back is as follows.

1 top ten protected first round pick a 2nd round pick a prospect on a rookie deal (who does show promise but could flame out) and an expiring filler contract

Your option is here is take what you can get or max him out.

What do you do?

SCENARIO 3

You are sitting in your office sipping on gin juice. You are presently laid back in your chair, with your mind on your money, and perhaps your money is on your mind... Sorry Snoop was playing in the background

DeMar's agent walks in and hands you a piece of paper and says "write down the most money and years you are willing to offer."

You write down __ years and ____ million and slide it back.

What's your paper say?

My thinking is the majority of us are a LOT closer on this than this thread would have you believe.
          I have an answer for all of them, Scenario 1 is get the fuck out.

Answer for scenario 3 is 12 million a year, 2 years.(only a little more than what Ellis got, cause IMO he only bring a little more than what ellis brings.)

My ideal situation is number 2 followed by my scenario 3.

Comment

OKAY GUYS because I think a lot of us are closer on this then the thread reflects

Here's the scenario

SCENARIO 1

It's next off season

YES or NO

SCENARIO 2

It's a month before the trade deadline DeMar's agent walks in and sits down with you

This is a list of teams we are interested in provided you do not want to pay the max. The interest between us and these teams is mutual (it's irrelevant for this scenario who the teams are but the package we get back is as follows.

1 top ten protected first round pick a 2nd round pick a prospect on a rookie deal (who does show promise but could flame out) and an expiring filler contract

What do you do?

SCENARIO 3

You are sitting in your office sipping on gin juice. You are presently laid back in your chair, with your mind on your money, and perhaps your money is on your mind... Sorry Snoop was playing in the background

DeMar's agent walks in and hands you a piece of paper and says "write down the most money and years you are willing to offer."

What's your paper say?

My thinking is the majority of us are a LOT closer on this than this thread would have you believe.

Scenario 1: NO

Scenario 2: #TradeEm

Scenario 3: 5 years and $70M ($14M per - can work that anyway they want on starting salary and raises or DeRaises).

That was fun! Thanks thead!

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
              Kevin Martin 1.25PPS/ $6.5M
              DeMar DeRozan 1.22PPS/ $10M
              Eric Gordon 1.18PPS/$15M
              Monta Ellis 1.12PPS/$8M
              Victor Oladipo 1.19PPS/rookie
              Bradley Beal 1.13PPS/set for near max or max
              Courtney Lee 1.21PPS/$5M
              Lou Williams 1.34PPS/$7M
              Klay Thompson 1.28PPS/$15.5M
              Kyle Korver 1.52PPS/$6M
              Wesley Matthews 1.27PPS/$17M
              Jimmy Butler 1.43PPS/$16.4M

The only player making more than DeRozan who really shouldn't be is Eric Gordon.

Thompson, Matthews, Butler are all 3 point threats and defensive stoppers.

OSC call for $8M is not too far off. New cap bump that up to about $11M.

I'll go for $13M.... ahhhh hell, I'll go to his cap hold $14M.... but that is only because of his loyalty and hardwork.
              Demars production at an overall viewpoint is sandwiched between courtney lee and monta ellis.

Monta just signed 3 year 32 million dollar contract, Demar should be a little bit higher than that being he is good at FTA and is younger. So I would top him out at 13-14 mill, 3 or 4 years imo.

Comment

• If DD were to be signed for what Jonas is rumored to get (4/65 or so) (not saying that is likely at all purely hypothetical) what would you guys say to that?

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                  Scenario 1: NO

Scenario 2: #TradeEm

Scenario 3: 5 years and $70M ($14M per - can work that anyway they want on starting salary and raises or DeRaises).

That was fun! Thanks thead!
                  Basically my response. Scenario 3 might be an extra million but $14 sounds good to me.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Here's the scenario

SCENARIO 1

It's next off season

YES or NO

SCENARIO 2

What do you do?

SCENARIO 3

What's your paper say?

Scenario one: Nope

Scenario two: Make the trade

Scenario three: 4 Years 60 Million with a team option on year 4

Comment

• By the way, any extension signed would be followed by a Nene within 6 months.

Comment

Here's the scenario

SCENARIO 1

It's next off season

YES or NO

SCENARIO 2

What do you do?

SCENARIO 3

What's your paper say?

Scenario 1: Laugh. Then stop suddenly to say no. Then laugh again.
                        Scenario 2: I do the trade.
                        Scenario 3: 4 Year, 66 million with team option for last year.
                        Last edited by Just Is; Thu Aug 20, 2015, 02:51 PM.
                        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Scenario 1: NO then counter-offer
                          Scenario 2: Go to FA and see whether you can get him for less than the max (that return isn't really worth throwing him away imo)
                          Scenario 3: 4yrs/89M (4 year deal starting at 20M w/ max increases) I'm not sure I'd use the designated player on DeRozan, so would only be able to offer 4 years I believe.

I don't think contract negotiations really work like this though, too many absolutes. Especially when there is a great relationship between the parties. Fun nevertheless

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                            Scenario 1: NO then counter-offer
                            Scenario 2: Go to FA and see whether you can get him for less than the max (that return isn't really worth throwing him away imo)
                            Scenario 3: 4yrs/89M (4 year deal starting at 20M w/ max increases) I'm not sure I'd use the designated player on DeRozan, so would only be able to offer 4 years I believe.

I don't think contract negotiations really work like this though, too many absolutes. Especially when there is a great relationship between the parties. Fun nevertheless

It was moreso to illustrate a few points that even though there are grey areas, the majority of us agree on certain issues that are being beaten to death
                            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

It was moreso to illustrate a few points that even though there are grey areas, the majority of us agree on certain issues that are being beaten to death
                              But from the answers you can even see that there's very little agreement except on saying NO to an initial demand for a max (which we already knew most would do). Many from the anti-DeMar camp are saying they would offer him ~14M per year which is obviously not enough to sign him. While the pro-DeMar people would likely be willing to go closer to a 20M starting salary.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter really though. I was pretty worried about Jonas getting a max, because I thought he might be annoyed with the team and want to hit FA, test his worth and get a max from a team trying to get us not to match. That doesn't appear to be happening (confirmation later today)

It's got me a bit less on edge about the DeMar situation. I'm sure Masai and DeMar's camp have already discussed it (I don't think Masai would leave such a thing to the last minute), and I expect Masai to re-sign him to something fair on July 1st, 2016.

Comment

I feel you thead.

This is Everything DeRozan:

I believe I'm DeNiro.

Comment

Working...
                                X