Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
    I'm sort of neutral on DD. Don't like the lack of 3pt. shooting, poor efficiency, or lack of contribution to other aspects of the game, but the one thing he does, is creates offence for himself which in turn creates opportunity for others. On a team mostly consisting of role players that require others to create offence for them, even someone as inefficient as DD has value doesn't he?

If we could trade him whom could you bring in to help Lowry run the O?
    I do not agree with your 1st paragraph whatsoever. If he really creates offense for the others why is the offense better when he's sitting next to Casey?
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
      I think a Ross/Carroll wing combo could be effective
      You need at least 3 wings though. And I mean wings. I don't mean Cojo or Wright playing minutes a lot at the 2. And it's hard to imagine Powell, Bruno, Bennett or JJ earning significant minutes.

Comment

• What's the rule for linking your own stuff? I don't usually like doing that, but I wrote a sizeable piece on DeMar and it's relevant here I think.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          What's the rule for linking your own stuff? I don't usually like doing that, but I wrote a sizeable piece on DeMar and it's relevant here I think.
          There's this piece on raptorshq about DeMar, too bad no one around here posts things like this

http://www.raptorshq.com/2015/10/16/...-demar-derozan

Comment

• Well that answers that.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Why in the world would anyone max a corey maggette 2.0?
              "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                Why in the world would anyone max a corey maggette 2.0?
                He's actually Maggette 1.0

2.0 means an improved version and DD is basically a carbon copy of Maggette
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                  He's actually Maggette 1.0

2.0 means an improved version and DD is basically a carbon copy of Maggette
                  Actually, Maggette measures out better in quite a few ways. DeMar would have to still improve a bit in some ways and sustain it for a few years.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                    Well that answers that.
                    Is that the one you wrote?

Comment

• Would the pelicans trade Eric Gordon and his expiring?

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                        Is that the one you wrote?
                        Yeah.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                          He didn't look like a max player in the playoffs. At all.
                          He didn't have a lot of support though either.

A big part of what we (should) hope for with DeMar is that he can be a better player on a better team. Lowry being unable to shoot made it extra easy for the D to take DeMar's game away. He's not a super-star, so he needs a great team around him just like Rip Hamilton did.

Now, I'm not saying pay him the max. I want him to play great and for Masai to be able to capitalize on that in one way or another.
                          Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Fri Oct 16, 2015, 11:39 PM.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                            I'm sorry guys.

Say we do trade DeRo. Whose the best up-coming option at SG for us to nab back? McCollum off the Blazers?
                            My move would be to offer Nicholas Batum a DeMarre Carroll like deal and start them both. Then look to address PF for good if it hasn't by some miracle been done by that point
                            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• If Matthews plays a healthy season I would even trade for him...or Wilson Chandler...

basically any solid two way 40% 3pt shooter who plays intelligent controlled basketball
                              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                                My move would be to offer Nicholas Batum a DeMarre Carroll like deal and start them both. Then look to address PF for good if it hasn't by some miracle been done by that point
                                Clearing space for (the likes of) Batum is a little painful because of the number of guys we have to waive the rights to. Then you've cleared out your roster for the right to pay Batum 20+ mill.

Comment

Working...
                                X