No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You wanna see nice playoff stats? Go look at Bradley Beal's stats vs the Raptors. He made DeRozan and Co his bitch
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
      Maybe Lowry can get away with it because he shoots and hits 3's at a much better rate than DD. Can we compare their True Shooting Percentage?
      Over his career, Lowry has generally put up better TS% and eFG% numbers than DeMar.

If you look at trends at a glance...Lowry's TS% hasn't varied that much over his career. However his eFG% has gone up in recent years, since he was in Houston. And that seems to make sense. He became a much more efficient player with a better 3pt shot, basically. You could argue it helped open up the floor for him more too, as Ds had to play him for that shot, which they didnt before.

If you look at DeMar's, there's a slow trend of decreasing TS% and eFG%. The eFG% thing is understandable with no real improvement in his 3pter nor a habit of trying to take them more. He takes lots of bad shots. The TS% would look a lot worse without his free throw numbers. Still, despite the good FT numbers that have increased over the years, his TS% is lower and has been on a downward trend.

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
        Dafuck???? since 2010 lowry shot 41% bro

Demar shot 44%,not comparing
        what are you trying to argue here?

Lowry shot 22% from the three when he normally shoots 34% on the season as a whole last season.....obviously there was injuries etc affecting his play....and it showed. and from 2pg it was a 10% point drop. Thats not Lowry.

Demars shooting stayed relatively the same...he went down only 1% in FG, and went up on his 3pts.

That itself should tell you why people point at demar and not at lowry in relation to the shots etc.

Comment

• If you sort out all point guards last season that played in at least 40 games Lowry ranked 25th with TS%

If you sort for guys who played at least 25 minutes he was 17th

If you take out guys who didn't start in at least half of their games played he was 14th, 1% and > behind Russell Westbrook and Tony Parker.

So I am OK with my point guard only being 0.9% in ts% behind a guy like Westbrook.

Comment

• Snooch;525921[B wrote:
            ]what are you trying to argue here?[/B]

Lowry shot 22% from the three when he normally shoots 34% on the season as a whole last season.....obviously there was injuries etc affecting his play....and it showed. and from 2pg it was a 10% point drop. Thats not Lowry.

Demars shooting stayed relatively the same...he went down only 1% in FG, and went up on his 3pts.

That itself should tell you why people point at demar and not at lowry in relation to the shots etc.
            Snooch wrote: View Post
            Its not normal for lowry to shoot that poorly...and he was injured.
            Im trying to argue that it is normal for lowry to shot poorly. forget derozan for a second. idgaf how many 3s take, 41%(last5yrs) from the field is awful. dont lie do urself thinking thats good

If Lowry shots like 47%fg and like 36% from deep thats considered pretty good
            Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
              You wanna see nice playoff stats? Go look at Bradley Beal's stats vs the Raptors. He made DeRozan and Co his bitch
              I couldnt aree more

and not only beal

Wall and Gorat also destroyed us
              Abbas wrote:

Comment

I couldnt aree more

and not only beal

Wall and Gorat also destroyed us
                Basically the Wizards owned us.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                  Basically the Wizards owned us.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
                  Pretty much
                  even there fucking coach made casey look like a moron

but lets just hope we improved and the same thing wont happen to us this time around
                  Abbas wrote:

Comment

Im trying to argue that it is normal for lowry to shot poorly. forget derozan for a second. idgaf how many 3s take, 41%(last5yrs) from the field is awful. dont lie do urself thinking thats good

Lowry was 1% point behind Russell Westbrook las season in fg%.

Lowry was ahead of John Wall last season in ts% and was only 1% Behind Westbrook again and Parker.

I am more than ok with those numbers.

What I am not OK with is a shooting guard, who is treated as a star, who gets way too many shots and usage, who is consistently FAR less in fg%, 3pt%, ts% than his peers.

I dont care about rebounds from his, cause I can replace that with a better PF/SF

I dont care about assists cause I can replace that

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                      Lowry was 1% point behind Russell Westbrook las season in fg%.

Lowry was ahead of John Wall last season in ts% and was only 1% Behind Westbrook again and Parker.

I am more than ok with those numbers.

What I am not OK with is a shooting guard, who is treated as a star, who gets way too many shots and usage, who is consistently FAR less in fg%, 3pt%, ts% than his peers.

I dont care about rebounds from his, cause I can replace that with a better PF/SF

I dont care about assists cause I can replace that
                      please dont compare lowry and westbrook

it doesnt matter if u care. GM's and coaches do
                      Abbas wrote:

Comment

Quick search via Basketball Reference:
                        6 Players qualify (looking at the last two seasons) for that criteria (and keep in mind, that even that would only be considered to be "pretty good"): Chris Paul, Stephen Curry (twice), Goran Dragic, J.J. Redick, and Marco Belinelli

Apparently, there are a TON of really awful players in the NBA.
                        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

please dont compare lowry and westbrook

it doesnt matter if u care. GM's and coaches do
                          1) Because it breaks your attempt at misdirecting justified Demar criticism unfairly cast onto someone else.

2) Coaches and GMs would feel the same way. You needs to get rebounds. It matters not if your shooting guards gets you 10 per contest, or your pf gets you 10 per contest. As long as you get the rebounds. That is not a complicated thing to grasp.

Yeah westbrook gives you ridiculous numbers, but in comparison to Lowry, we arent that far off. Much Much closer than Demar and Harden for example.

Comment

Bro he said "Its not normal for lowry to shoot that poorly...and he was injured."

you dont have to look at advance stats to know 41% is pain out awful
                            If you're studying for math, i hope it is nothing beyond basic.

FG% is a simple stat. You need to look beyond that to get context.

Comment

If you don't care it is because you don't care to understand.

Your argument is easily debunked with advanced stats and a little more than simple math.

Comment

• Lots of ridiculousness in this thread. If a player shot only 3 pointers, is his 41% FG% awful? Inane point of view.

As for who was best in the playoffs? As ever, our bigs saved our terrible guard play as much as they could. Patterson, Amir and JV were probably the best 3.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X