X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooch wrote: View Post
    can you imaging Demar on Charlotte?
    lol
    You seem like a smart guy, so I'll just say this..... Charlotte wishes a guy like Demar would be on their team. Basketball is still about out scoring your opponent.

There's a reason why Batum doesn't average 20+..... He can't. Charlotte needs more scoring, their defence wasn't so bad from what I remember.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
      Won't answer the poll because it's 72 games + the playoffs too early.

Demar has been really good so far this season. Really hoping he keeps it up.

Anyone talking about players fitting on our team need to remember that Casey will most likely be gone, so your decision on whether we should go after a guy or not should be based 100% on talent and not fit.

Also remember that it will probably be worth it to bring Demar back even if you don't want him because he'd be a valuable trade asset, letting him go for cap space puts us in a worse situation.
      You guys keep saying Casey's gonna be gone..... Smh. You just don't learn.

Who knows?? 50+ wins and a second round appearance may be all he needs..... Remember we were supposed to be tanking after Rudy got traded? Lowry was next....Not Demar. Things don't always happen as you expect.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
        I would really like to see how DD plays under a different coach before committing anything long term.
        Yup this would've been the perfect year for that. If he couldn't get his FG% or 3P% up, you trade him for some assets at the deadline. Masai makes his job harder than it needs to be lol

special1 wrote: View Post
        You seem like a smart guy, so I'll just say this..... Charlotte wishes a guy like Demar would be on their team. Basketball is still about out scoring your opponent.

There's a reason why Batum doesn't average 20+..... He can't. Charlotte needs more scoring, their defence wasn't so bad from what I remember.
        Not this season. Their offence improved to 9th but they're defense has dropped to 16th. DeMar doesn't help that roster much.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
          I would really like to see how DD plays under a different coach before committing anything long term.
          You know that won't happen. Can anyone without bias say that Demar is not a team player anymore? His he selfish chasing a MAX contract? I don't see it. I think Masai likes this "new" Demar. This Demar can play on any team.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post

Actually, it's because Kemba and Jefferson take more shots than he does. Demar takes more shots than anyone else on our team. There are arguments both ways but your 20 point argument is pretty damn weak and easily thrown in the garbage when you look at shot attempts.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
              Yup this would've been the perfect year for that. If he couldn't get his FG% or 3P% up, you trade him for some assets at the deadline. Masai makes his job harder than it needs to be lol

Not this season. Their offence improved to 9th but they're defense has dropped to 16th. DeMar doesn't help that roster much.
              Where's our offence so far this year? I haven't seen the numbers but I'll stick with my comments.

Comment

• If DeMar keeps playing the way he's started this year, he's absolutely a $20m+ player under the rising cap. Whether or not the Raps turn into a treadmill team by re-signing him is another question. MU does seem to take a "bird in the hand" approach when re-signing his own guys. I would guess he sees any talented player on a reasonable contract as a potential trade piece.

DeMar's been having a positive impact on virtually every game. I think the only complaints left when he's playing like this are the lack of range and the iffy shot selection.

The Raps still need to be aiming for a top 10 talent if a championship is the goal, though.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

there was nothing in your post but your own belief that you are passing of as an absolute.

demar shoots more shots, like 4 per game and scores 4 more points......wow.....(per 100 possession)

Demars Usage is higher, more fgas, offense built around him in a system he has been playing in for over 3 years

Batum on a new team, new system, and said system isnt designed around him, and its a new role and he already exceeds demar in FG%, 3pt%, ts%, st%, blk%, TRB%, not far off on ast%, and that is with demar having a couple of big assist games, which he wont keep up for the entire year.

Comment

Actually, it's because Kemba and Jefferson take more shots than he does. Demar takes more shots than anyone else on our team. There are arguments both ways but your 20 point argument is pretty damn weak and easily thrown in the garbage when you look at shot attempts.
                    So, he can take more.... lol. You're argument is pretty weak when you realize that he certainly could take more shots. He isn't in Portland anymore. He isn't playing beside Aldridge and Lillard anymore. I would say those guys are much better than the guys he currently plays with. If he's as good as you guys claim, why doesn't he get more shots? The cream rises to the top in the NBA.

Comment

oh come one now, he said that he KNOWS charlotte would want him cause Demar is better.

Comment

• Everything Demar Derozan - New Poll!

Snooch wrote: View Post
                        there was nothing in your post but your own belief that you are passing of as an absolute.

demar shoots more shots, like 4 per game and scores 4 more points......wow.....(per 100 possession)

Demars Usage is higher, more fgas, offense built around him in a system he has been playing in for over 3 years

Batum on a new team, new system, and said system isnt designed around him, and its a new role and he already exceeds demar in FG%, 3pt%, ts%, st%, blk%, TRB%, not far off on ast%, and that is with demar having a couple of big assist games, which he wont keep up for the entire year.
                        Maybe your not as smart as I thought you were....

Demar actually takes just over 2.5 shots per game than Batum so far this year. He scores almost 5 points per game more than Batum.

Also, you throw the advanced stats around but you know the numbers that matter most???

Raptors 7-3 under a Casey coached team

Charlotte 4-5

Lol

Comment

So, he can take more.... lol. You're argument is pretty weak when you realize that he certainly could take more shots. He isn't in Portland anymore. He isn't playing beside Aldridge and Lillard anymore. I would say those guys are much better than the guys he currently plays with. If he's as good as you guys claim, why doesn't he get more shots? The cream rises to the top in the NBA.

then why does demar get 18 shots a game?

Comment

There is a reason why those two take more shots than Batum. Because Batum is complementary player. He plays off other good offensive players.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Maybe your not as smart as I thought you were....

Demar actually takes just over 2.5 shots per game than Batum so far this year. He scores almost 5 points per game more than Batum.

Also, you throw the advanced stats around but you know the numbers that matter most???

Raptors 7-3 under a Casey coached team

Charlotte 4-5

Lol

Over 82 games Demar will take alot more shots then Batum. Batum only avg around 10 FGA per game.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                                then why does demar get 18 shots a game?
                                Snooch.... You're making shit up.

Demar takes 14.9 shots per game this year.

Why even get into a discussion if you have no clue what you're talking about?

Demar has never taken 18+ shots per game. The closest was 17.8 in his all star year in 2013-2014. Last year he took 16.5 shots per game. He averages 14 shots per game in his career.

Comment

Working...
                                X