X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This much space dedicated to arguing the semantics of "Slasher"? Damn. Lol

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
      Demar's a scorer. I actually think it's a bit of an insult to call him a slasher.
      This. A slasher is someone like Wade.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
        Didn't think of it that way, then I'd be open to it.
        What do you mean?

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
          What do you mean?
          I just thinking that at this point, trading DD for an injured C isn't really worth it, but if Masai is certain he isn't going to re-sign DD, then he should look into it instead of letting him walk after this season.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
            Demar's a scorer. I actually think it's a bit of an insult to call him a slasher.
            Might he be both?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
              This much space dedicated to arguing the semantics of "Slasher"? Damn. Lol
              To be fair, I think it was more about whether Demar's game fits the moniker rather than the semantics.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                Bold 1: fair enough

Bold 2: But you see what you did there? You have gone straight in to rationalizing bad basketball from the #1 scoring option with highest usage and most FGA.

Underlined 1: Strong results? 48 and 49 wins? Nothing strong has come from Toronto since 2013-14 season. Last year was a total waste.

Bold 3: Very much agree - especially the 'without' part

Bold 4: I think this is delusional thinking when one considers:
                1) the amount of time he has been a Raptor,
                2) the number of offseasons where his legendary work ethic was to bring about the 3pt shooting to his game,
                3) the defiance on his style of play... #ProveEm,
                4) the constant and unwavering support and encouragement from Casey,
                5) the disregard for all things analytic.
                Last year was very enjoyable, for a time. But I have since learned that some saw warning signs, of what might come to pass, early on: kudos to them. And a shame about the injuries. But if nothing else, last season determined Masai's way forward for the team. So "Total waste"? I disagree ... Or just see it differently, maybe ... even if the ending was hard to take ...

Which is fine, right?

But calling my suggestion that taking inefficient shots is something DeMar can change "delusional"?

Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Sun Nov 1, 2015, 07:31 PM.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                  To be fair, I think it was more about whether Demar's game fits the moniker rather than the semantics.
                  Demar drives but he doesnt have the foot speed like Wade to get to the rim.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                    This. A slasher is someone like Wade.
                    So... Wade in his prime when he was putting up 27+ nightly wasn't a "scorer"? Slasher, shooter etc just means how you like to get your shots. Scorer, passer etc just describes your shot taking aggressiveness.

Comment

• So I did the research myself.

According to NBA.com Player Tracking; last year DD got 4.9 points per game off drives, while shooting 44.7% on drives. Conversely, he scored 5.7 points on pull-ups, while 35.1% on pull ups.

His all-star season saw him score 5.1 points on drives at 50% and 5.7 points on pull ups at 36.5%.

The simple fact that he scores more (while shooting worse) on pull ups demonstrates what some of us say we see, DD is a player who uses the pull up much more than driving to the rim.
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Demar is straight ballin' so far this season. The guy has taken his floor-game to another level.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                          Demar is straight ballin' so far this season. The guy has taken his floor-game to another level.
                          Jesus - No Jinxing!!!

(And these aren't the Spurs or Warriors. Fingers crossed ... )

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                            Jesus - No Jinxing!!!

(And these aren't the Spurs or Warriors. Fingers crossed ... )
                            The thing is if the Raptors can regularly beat the solid teams in the East, it would be a big step to a very good season

Comment

• Good game for Demar, get your money

Comment

• If DD had played predominantly like he did tonight over the last few years, there would be 1000s less posts and 10,000s less views in this thread.

Just saying.

DD played well tonight....which makes it all a little more frustrating - lol

Comment

Working...
                                X