Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Every scenario that has KD coming here over staying at OKC or going home WIZ is a dream.
    that is not true at all.

Comment

Every scenario that has KD coming here over staying at OKC or going home WIZ is a dream.
      So by every scenario, do you mean every scenario or just the ones that don't involve Demar?
      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
        So by every scenario, do you mean every scenario or just the ones that don't involve Demar?
        we will get Lebron and Durant once we trade away Lowry, Carroll and JV and 3/4 of bench depth as long as Demar is there to lead the recruiting.

Cause I saw a picture with Demar and Lebron looking at each other on the basketball court and I can tell that there was some serious chemistry. You know that Lebron want to play with Demar as well.

Comment

I think DD will sign early in free agency. To a fair deal 18-20 mil. Than if KD is actually interested in TO. You got a lot of pieces to move to make room for KD. I'm guessing KD would probably do a sign and trade to get the most money he can.

DD is one of best recruiting tools for KD. Seeing that they are friends and have mutual respect for each other. If KD comes here its to play with one of the top backcourt in the league.

That sentence has the words in the wrong order, should read "you got to move a lot of pieces to make room for KD".

So KD would rather play with DD on a gutted roster than slip into DD's spot and play with a ready built team....right...
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Why would KD come to Toronto? We don't give him better chance to win over OKC or Wiz. If Bradley Beal becomes an all-star this year we officially have no chance. KD is going to leave to play with other All-Stars not one. Since everybody so sure will be letting one all-star walk.

You think Masai is going to sit down with KD and tell him come play with Kyle Lowry. Even though he already plays with arguably the best PG in the league. After that you got nothing appealing to offer other than obviously the beautiful city of Toronto.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Why would KD come to Toronto? We don't give him better chance to win over OKC or Wiz. If Bradley Beal becomes an all-star this year we officially have no chance. KD is going to leave to play with other All-Stars not one. Since everybody so sure will be letting one all-star walk.

You think Masai is going to sit down with KD and tell him come play with Kyle Lowry. Even though he already plays with arguably the best PG in the league. After that you got nothing appealing to offer other than obviously the beautiful city of Toronto.
              So, to summarize, your answer was "yes."

The part that I bolded was because, in order to keep Demar while having a shot at KD, you'd most likely have to trade Lowry (the far superior of our two all stars). And you'd still pretty much have to gut the rest of the roster.

There were other posts in quite a few other threads (included one strictly dedicated to this topic) that specifically point out a lot of good reasons why Toronto would appeal to Durant. I'd point them out but they involve losing Demar.
              Last edited by Just Is; Thu Oct 22, 2015, 10:14 AM.
              "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
              "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                That sentence has the words in the wrong order, should read "you got to move a lot of pieces to make room for KD".

So KD would rather play with DD on a gutted roster than slip into DD's spot and play with a ready built team....right...
                KD would rather play with the combination of KLow/DD. People don't understand that those two are the face of this team down south. Toronto has no appeal if we don't have one the top backcourts in the league. The league is all about house hold names. KD is coming to play in Toronto with Lowry and a bunch of nobodies.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

A few reasons off the top of my head

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...or-next-summer!

Hopefully JV and Lowry are All-Stars this year. Maybe Carroll can as well with a bigger offensive role to go with his defensive status.

Demar and Durant is not as good a combo as Carroll and Durant.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Washington would lose half their frontcourt next offseason.

So KDs options are:

Play in OKC with Westbrook, poor frontcourt depth, in the tough conference and possibly loose Ibaka AND Westbrook the following offseason.....

Play in Washington with another ball dominate PG who cannot space the floor, and whose frontcourt would be Gortat and Potter......and thats it....and also have to be the teams best perimeter defender night in and night out as Beal cannot handle those duties.

or

Play in Toronto with a floor spacing PG, a floor spacing sf/sg who will defend the tough assignment everynight, a high draft pick, max capspace in 2017, a young bigman locked up cheap up front, and very solid depth...the best depth of all the teams....

Comment

So, to summarize, your answer was "yes."

The part that I bolded was because, in order to keep Demar while having a shot at KD, you'd most likely have to trade Lowry (the far superior of our two all stars). And you'd still pretty much have to gut the rest of the roster.

There were other posts in quite a few other threads (included one strictly dedicated to this topic) that specifically point out a lot of good reasons why Toronto would appeal to Durant. I'd point them out but they involve losing Demar.
                      All I'm saying you have to keep the backcourt for any shot at KD. Even though I don't believe there is much of a shot anyways.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

KD would rather play with the combination of KLow/DD. People don't understand that those two are the face of this team down south. Toronto has no appeal if we don't have one the top backcourts in the league. The league is all about house hold names. KD is coming to play in Toronto with Lowry and a bunch of nobodies.
                        Wow, you must have great insider sources to know that.

Comment

All I'm saying you have to keep the backcourt for any shot at KD. Even though I don't believe there is much of a shot anyways.
                          the you would be totally wrong, as has been pointed out over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.......

Carroll and Durant is better for the team and most importantly for Durant than Demar and Durant.

You dont think Kevin knows that????

Comment

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                              Wow, you must have great insider sources to know that.
                              Demar has never played for an american team, so I would wager that the americans are more used to Carrolls name than ours....therefore Demarre is FAR more important than Demar to recruit KD.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                                Washington would lose half their frontcourt next offseason.

So KDs options are:

Play in OKC with Westbrook, poor frontcourt depth, in the tough conference and possibly loose Ibaka AND Westbrook the following offseason.....

Play in Washington with another ball dominate PG who cannot space the floor, and whose frontcourt would be Gortat and Potter......and thats it....and also have to be the teams best perimeter defender night in and night out as Beal cannot handle those duties.

or

Play in Toronto with a floor spacing PG, a floor spacing sf/sg who will defend the tough assignment everynight, a high draft pick, max capspace in 2017, a young bigman locked up cheap up front, and very solid depth...the best depth of all the teams....
                                First off all OKC has serious frontcourt depth. Ibaka, Adams, Kanter, McGary(forget his name but good young big).

Where ever KD goes wont be hard to recruit other players to sign cheap.

Washington is his home town. I believe some guy named Lebron choose home. Even though they had a ball dominant guard there.

You cant offer just Lowry. Right now as it stands after his terrible playoffs. John Wall is seen like the better player between the two.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X