No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope he realizes that his shot selection needs to improve. Being a first or second option doesn't mean that you're forced to take tough shots every trip (although the offensive gameplan from last year doesn't help this). Tough shots off of isolation should be a last resort when a play fails.

One more thing, I feel like he tends to take tough shots or try to shoulder the load at the worst times. When the offense stagnates he tends to hog the ball even more instead of trying to make things easier for the entire team. He should understand that the team isn't dependent on HIS scoring alone.
    OG is our king

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
      Can get whoever we want as a coach that is available.

we are thin up front, but 2016 offseason has alot of lower tier, but solid vet bigmen who may/will take a paycut to go after a ring like:

Noah
      Lee
      Jefferson
      Dalembert
      Pachulia
      Hickson
      Tolliver
      Speights
      Hill
      Mahinmi
      Bass
      Hibbert
      Anderson
      Haslem
      Kaman
      Smith
      Scola
      Nene
      That also means we could do a lot of damage with the MLE if we decide to play above the cap.

Comment

It is a possibility, if there is an incentive to a larger, more lucrative 2017 resign.
        That's a lot of risk for not much reward. Don't think his agent would be impressed.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
          I kinda like all the bad press. Hope it helps change his mindset a bit, and increases the mass of the chip on his shoulder. No time to #ProveEm like the present.
          Or the last 5 years....
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
            I hope he realizes that his shot selection needs to improve. Being a first or second option doesn't mean that you're forced to take tough shots every trip (although the offensive gameplan from last year doesn't help this). Tough shots off of isolation should be a last resort when a play fails.

One more thing, I feel like he tends to take tough shots or try to shoulder the load at the worst times. When the offense stagnates he tends to hog the ball even more instead of trying to make things easier for the entire team. He should understand that the team isn't dependent on HIS scoring alone.
            We've seen a lot of drive-and-kicking in the preseason, I'd expect that to continue.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
              Or the last 5 years....
              Sure, but there was no contract year in there. Plus he did have an allstar season in there somewhere.

Comment

That also means we could do a lot of damage with the MLE if we decide to play above the cap.
                I think if we are talking about a possibility of Horford and Durant and Lowry and Carroll, we play WAY above the cap

Comment

• The problem for DeRozan then, is that the eye test completely aligns with the idea that he lacks the requisite quickness, first-step and fluid mobility that all great athletes should have.

http://www.raptorshq.com/2015/10/19/...oronto-raptors
                  An article highlighting one of the main criticisms I've had of DD for years..... he isn't an elite athlete (by NBA standards).

Comment

Or the last 5 years....
                    Nothing that is coming out in the articles about him is anything new (which is what makes it more glaring as this thread highlights).

The difference being that now that the Raptors are getting more attention, the cap increase and the actual lack of big names in FA for 2016; it's much harder to hide/ignore.
                    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

I think if we are talking about a possibility of Horford and Durant and Lowry and Carroll, we play WAY above the cap
                      We would eventually, but we wouldn't be able to using cap space this summer. The MLE and all our player-rights become like a backup plan if KD falls through.

Comment

We would eventually, but we wouldn't be able to using cap space this summer. The MLE and all our player-rights become like a backup plan if KD falls through.
                        Can't play above the cap unless you're already there. If Raptors want to bloat payroll it'll have to be through trades

Comment

DD, some picks and a young guy gets you Horford I think.

They would be left with

Teague
                          DD
                          Korver
                          Millsap
                          Asik

That is a damn solid team and easliy still in the playoffs.

we have

Lowry
                          Ross
                          Carroll
                          Horford
                          JV

A more playoff built team imo, with the option of moving JV in the offseason for a big wing upgrade and letting Biyombo/NYK Pick/Bebe run as our center.
                          Asik is on New Orleans, you must have meant Splitter (who only has 1 year left beyond this year).

I think Atlanta is a well run team and probably wants nothing to do with Derozan. He's the opposite of the kind of players they go after. Other teams would give much better trade offers for Horford if he became available.

Giving up JV for nothing is pure lunacy (you mentioned this in a different post).

Comment

I kinda like all the bad press. Hope it helps change his mindset a bit, and increases the mass of the chip on his shoulder. No time to #ProveEm like the present.
                            +1
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                              Asik is on New Orleans, you must have meant Splitter (who only has 1 year left beyond this year).

I think Atlanta is a well run team and probably wants nothing to do with Derozan. He's the opposite of the kind of players they go after. Other teams would give much better trade offers for Horford if he became available.

Giving up JV for nothing is pure lunacy (you mentioned this in a different post).
                              well, it was capspace, and of course picks or something, this part was implied, the moral was no salary returning as a means of netting both Horford and Durant

Comment

Do you think Masai will attempt to sign Durant or Horford?

Because if he attempts to, it likely means that Demar is left without an offer from us until Durant/Horford decides.

So Demar would be left waiting for his replacement to decide before he even gets an offer from us. You then expect that he would sign for less, after we just made him wait while we tried to replace him? Demar must really love Toronto.
                                I don't think it's as simple as an either/or situation. We hired a cap wizard for a reason, and Masai has proven adept at maneuvering to get what he wants done. There's so much cap space next year that we can move almost any part of this roster into capspace to create more capspace for ourselves. Signing Jonas and letting TRoss dangle also removes our caphold uncertainty.

If it was a foregone conclusion that DeMar is gone next summer then I think it's MUCH more likely that Masai would have cashed him in for assets this past summer. It's not like he would have had trouble getting value on a $9.5mm contract given the types of deals thrown around.

Comment

Working...
                                X