Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything Demar Derozan

Scraptor wrote: View Post
    There's like a billion dollars of cap space going around next year. The odds of us landing a top-flight free agent as a second-round team in the East are very small in my opinion. Which suggests to me that DeMar will re-up on a Lowry-style team-friendly deal, unless he absolutely crushes it this year, in which case who knows what happens.
    Do you think Masai will attempt to sign Durant or Horford?

Because if he attempts to, it likely means that Demar is left without an offer from us until Durant/Horford decides.

So Demar would be left waiting for his replacement to decide before he even gets an offer from us. You then expect that he would sign for less, after we just made him wait while we tried to replace him? Demar must really love Toronto.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Why do people talk about Horford like his a main priority? Like KD I get everybody is going after him but Horford? I haven't heard him linked once to the raps. In that case I don't think Masai is going to tell DD to wait for Horford. If DD has the year like in 13-14 his definitely the priority over Horford. Horford is no superstar. If DD walks and Horford comes. This team is still a treadmill team.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        Why do people talk about Horford like his a main priority? Like KD I get everybody is going after him but Horford? I haven't heard him linked once to the raps. In that case I don't think Masai is going to tell DD to wait for Horford. If DD has the year like in 13-14 his definitely the priority over Horford. Horford is no superstar. If DD walks and Horford comes. This team is still a treadmill team.
        lol

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
          Why not trade instead of letting him walk?
          I don't think DD has much of a trade market any more. A team would want his skills for a playoff run this year.. but Masai would want the same thing (he didn't trade Lou or Amir last deadline even though neither came back). A team may not be willing to give up an asset for a rental or to just hold on to his cap hold which is still fairly high ($15M).

If Masai is able to move him all the power to him, but I'm pretty sure he'd be looking at no money coming back after this year (so it would have to be a rental for rental type of deal or a rental for a future pick type of deal - and not many teams have cap space to absorb DD without giving much back - Portland and Philly probably - and both these teams are rebuilding so would prefer to keep their picks I'm sure).

Comment

Why do people talk about Horford like his a main priority? Like KD I get everybody is going after him but Horford? I haven't heard him linked once to the raps. In that case I don't think Masai is going to tell DD to wait for Horford. If DD has the year like in 13-14 his definitely the priority over Horford. Horford is no superstar. If DD walks and Horford comes. This team is still a treadmill team.
            Nobody linked Carroll to the Raptors either, until he signed. Just sayin'

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
              Nobody linked Carroll to the Raptors either, until he signed. Just sayin'
              Nobody hears anything about anyone, it's the Masai way.

Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• So why is he being mentioned as priority?
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Yea, if demar is resigned, we're officially treadmilling. Sigh.
                  "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Dds best is not near horfords mediocre. Al is alot better player than demar, and it isnt really close at all

I could pull stats to support but i am sure you would not read them

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                      Yea, if demar is resigned, we're officially treadmilling. Sigh.
                      If we don't get anyone other KD were officially a treadmill team.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

So why is he being mentioned as priority?
                        Have you seen the Raptors PF depth chart?

Much much better player than DD, as well.

Comment

Hortford is the next best FA after KD and Lebron next season and it's not close. Hortford is better than DD (it's not even debatable) and could potentially cost the same amount of money. Immediately upgrades the 4 (which is what he wants to play) and gives us great front court rotation.

What I find weird is the bold: by that logic, why would we sign Demar since we'd still be a treadmill team (mind you, a worse treadmill team at that).
                          Last edited by Just Is; Wed Oct 21, 2015, 11:17 AM.
                          "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                          "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                            Hortford is the next best FA after KD and Lebron next season and it's not close. Hortford is significantly better than DD (it's not even debatable) and could potentially cost the same amount of money. Immediately upgrades the 4 (which is what he wants to play) and gives us an absolutely lethal front court.

What I find weird is the bold: by that logic, why would we sign Demar since we'd still be a treadmill team (mind you, a worse treadmill team at that).
                            Either way your a treadmill team. He doesn't put you over the top.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Either way your a treadmill team. He doesn't put you over the top.
                              He puts you a lot lot lot closer to the top then bringing back DD does. Isn't the whole point to get better? I don't think you understand how good Horford is. He's much better than everyone on our team, save possibly Lowry if pre-season Lowry becomes regular-season Lowry.

Swap Horford for DD right now and I'd put us as #2 team in the Conference behind the Cavs, and we'd be very close to being #1 team. Doesn't seem like a treadmill move at all to me.

Comment

• add to the notion of adding horford the preseason looks of Ross and Powell and this team would not miss a beat on the wings and would improve dramatically in the front court.

Cavs would have their hands full.

Comment

Working...
                                X