Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooch wrote: View Post
    add to the notion of adding horford the preseason looks of Ross and Powell and this team would not miss a beat on the wings and would improve dramatically in the front court.

Cavs would have their hands full.
    Horford is also one of the best passing big men in the NBA. He has a higher AST% than Derozan (his AST% is almost on par with CoJo). He'd make life easier for everyone because you could run the offense through him in the post, and count on him to make the right pass or take the shot. He's also really efficient and an above average defender. I could keep going. Horford is really fucking good.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
      Horford is also one of the best passing big men in the NBA. He has a higher AST% than Derozan (his AST% is almost on par with CoJo). He'd make life easier for everyone because you could run the offense through him in the post, and count on him to make the right pass or take the shot. He's also really efficient and an above average defender. I could keep going. Horford is really fucking good.
      Horford would even make Biyombo work as a center for that exact reason.

Comment

He puts you a lot lot lot closer to the top then bringing back DD does. Isn't the whole point to get better? I don't think you understand how good Horford is. He's much better than everyone on our team, save possibly Lowry if pre-season Lowry becomes regular-season Lowry.

Swap Horford for DD right now and I'd put us as #2 team in the Conference behind the Cavs, and we'd be very close to being #1 team. Doesn't seem like a treadmill move at all to me.
        You're right. But still nowhere near good enough to beat the Cavs.

Man i hate the NBA. There's no parity. It's the same teams every fucking year.

The season hasn't even started yet and i already know that the Cavs will represent the East in the Finals. Warriors, Spurs or Thunder will represent the West.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• If with Horford this team isn't better than the bulls. It would be battling with Washington and Miami for that 3rd spot. Which is what this current team is doing. I don't get the hype Horford has been the best player on a treadmill team his whole career. Why is going to all of a sudden make this team a contender?

The only player who could do that this free agency is KD.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
            You're right. But still nowhere near good enough to beat the Cavs.

Man i hate the NBA. There's no parity. It's the same teams every fucking year.

The season hasn't even started yet and i already know that the Cavs will represent the East in the Finals. Warriors, Spurs or Thunder will represent the West.
            Cavs still don't have TT and the entire team is injury prone. The Bulls were a shoe in for top 2 in the East last year and that all fell apart. Atlanta was supposed to be a fringe playoff team yet they won 60 games. I don't get why you're so confident in what the end results will be. If Lebron gets hurt that Cavs team sucks, and you could say that for the top player on any team, so nothing is in the bag.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
              add to the notion of adding horford the preseason looks of Ross and Powell and this team would not miss a beat on the wings and would improve dramatically in the front court.

Cavs would have their hands full.
              I'm sure this has been gone over elsewhere ad nauseam, but I thought we'd have to let Ross walk to clear room for a max contract like Horford.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                If with Horford this team isn't better than the bulls. It would be battling with Washington and Miami for that 3rd spot. Which is what this current team is doing. I don't get the hype Horford has been the best player on a treadmill team his whole career. Why is going to all of a sudden make this team a contender?

You're clueless man. Horford is better than everyone on Chicago and everyone on Washington and everyone on Miami, and Chicago probably won't be all that good, Rose is done.

You add Horford and you add one of the best PF in the entire NBA. That's why you do it, it's a no brainer. Seems like you examine free agent signings as "will adding this guy win us the championship", which is a ridiculous way to look at it. Even adding KD only does so much, how many titles has he won?

Comment

Cavs still don't have TT and the entire team is injury prone. The Bulls were a shoe in for top 2 in the East last year and that all fell apart. Atlanta was supposed to be a fringe playoff team yet they won 60 games. I don't get why you're so confident in what the end results will be. If Lebron gets hurt that Cavs team sucks, and you could say that for the top player on any team, so nothing is in the bag.
                  1. TT or no TT. The Cavs are WAY better than any team in the East.
                  2. Obviously, if LeBron gets injured they're fucked. LeBron never gets injured though. The man is a machine.
                  3. Good point about the Hawks.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                    I'm sure this has been gone over elsewhere ad nauseam, but I thought we'd have to let Ross walk to clear room for a max contract like Horford.
                    We were talking about hypothetically swapping DD for Horford right now, not next offseason.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                      Do you think Masai will attempt to sign Durant or Horford?

Because if he attempts to, it likely means that Demar is left without an offer from us until Durant/Horford decides.

So Demar would be left waiting for his replacement to decide before he even gets an offer from us. You then expect that he would sign for less, after we just made him wait while we tried to replace him? Demar must really love Toronto.
                      Unless KD is giving Drake the nod at allstar weekend, the better move IMO is mid-season trade and then keeping some of our own free agents and playing above the cap. Trades have a better record of success in terms of landing stars than free agency does. Horford at the max may not be as palatable we're leading ourselves to believe, and that's if we hit a homerun and land the #2 free agent.

Whether that means DeMar is traded, re-signed, or let to walk, who knows...

Comment

• Everything Demar Derozan

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                        If with Horford this team isn't better than the bulls. It would be battling with Washington and Miami for that 3rd spot. Which is what this current team is doing. I don't get the hype Horford has been the best player on a treadmill team his whole career. Why is going to all of a sudden make this team a contender?

He won't make us a contender, but he'll get us closer than DD will. Thats the point, to make the team better. You won't become a contender overnight by signing 1 free agent unless its Lebron or KD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Unless KD is giving Drake the nod at allstar weekend, the better move IMO is mid-season trade and then keeping some of our own free agents and playing above the cap. Trades have a better record of success in terms of landing stars than free agency does. Horford at the max may not be as palatable we're leading ourselves to believe, and that's if we hit a homerun and land the #2 free agent.

Whether that means DeMar is traded, re-signed, or let to walk, who knows...
                          There is no one you can trade for that is as good as Durant, who is very unlikely to be traded unless OKC really struggles and ownership panics. Don't see Masai going after anyone less than KD unless it is a steal of a deal.
                          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

We were talking about hypothetically swapping DD for Horford right now, not next offseason.
                            I just looked the last few pages over, and I didn't see that idea come up anywhere. That's what I would endorse myself (a mid-season run at Horford), but many are too attached to the dream of KD.

If that's the case, it's we could also put a package together for Horford that didn't involve, then go over the cap to sign them both. If DeMar is as bad as he's oft-accused of being, the Hawks would probably prefer a package of prospects and picks.

Comment

yes, or, an equal amount of salary elsewhere.

If ross performs and is worth keeping, maybe we move JV in a sign and trade and go with Biyombo as our center(just spitballing ideas)

Comment

I just looked the last few pages over, and I didn't see that idea come up anywhere. That's what I would endorse myself (a mid-season run at Horford), but many are too attached to the dream of KD.

If that's the case, it's we could also put a package together for Horford that didn't involve, then go over the cap to sign them both. If DeMar is as bad as he's oft-accused of being, the Hawks would probably prefer a package of prospects and picks.
                                I'm sure Atlanta does not want to trade Horford (or see him leave in FA), so I'm not holding my breath on that one. Horford has openly show discontent with playing center, and he'll have to do that for the foreseeable future in Atlanta with Millsap signed long term, so that's the only thing giving us a chance.

If we're trading for Horford, we'd have to send Lowry, JV, or DD in return or the conversation wouldn't even start. Other teams would be salivating at acquiring Horford too and would easily beat any offer that doesn't include one of our big 3. I'm not sure DD gets it done either, which is why I listed him third. Free agency still seems like the best bet to me for acquiring Horford or KD.

Comment

Working...
                                X