Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel wrote: View Post
    That is simply not true. Spurs and Mavs had been rumoured since before last season even started.
    Mavs and Portland were rumored but Spurs had to make roster moves to get him. Until Portland collapsed everyone thought he would re-sign

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      I think they know a little bit more than we do here.
      they know no more than any of us here.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
        You do know there are more raptors than demar right?

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk
        Well obviously Stack is there to coach up the other wing players as well.
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
          Memphis?
          Memphis is a good example of a team that is best in the low post, and when they run up against an up tempo team in the playoffs they get knocked out every year. And take into consideration how much better Gasol and Z-bo are than JV. Why would you want to follow a blue print that doesn't work in the playoffs?

Comment

I don't understand your point. Stackhouse's best season came coincided with upping his game from behind the arc, that was mine.
            Well if the measure if 3P%, then you are factually incorrect, his best season was several years later when he shot 35.4% on just 2.5 attempts (half of his career high).

To illustrate "more confidence" or "more game from behind the arc" - you would see a plateau on his attempts during his best years, but that simply didn't happen.

His first 6 seasons (up to his best season in NBA), attempted 3.87 3PA per game. If what you say is true, then his next 6 seasons wouldn't have dropped to 2.8 3PA per game.

My point is that Stack was never a good 3 point shooter except for the odd season; therefore no correlation towards DD's 3 point prowess can be made.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

When the pieces you add all work well together in team oriented bwsketball as well as playing off a superstar all on reasonable contracts with youth at each position.....then yes..

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk
              So what happens if you dont get that superstar?
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                Naaa...it's because there's no generational talent left at C position. The closest I can think of is Cousins, and Kings do run their offense through him.
                True, nobody the likes of Shaq around, but Cousins being that much better than JV can't get Sac out of the hole, so what to do we hope to acheive by making JV the focal point?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                  True, nobody the likes of Shaq around, but Cousins being that much better than JV can't get Sac out of the hole, so what to do we hope to acheive by making JV the focal point?
                  Cousins doesn't like to play back down C. He sees himself as a 4

Comment

You maintain flexibility and competitiveness with smart signings of two-way players on short deals or work the trade market.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

you keep going down the same road.

You add pieces that excel at their roles, and chose those players based on the roles needed to build the team.

Right now we have a postup bigman
                      penetrating defensive pg, with three point range
                      defense and shooting on the wings.
                      spacing from the pf spot.

we need more defense and rebounding at the pf spot, and range and defense from the sg spot.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                        we wont make anyone the focal point unless we get KD or Lebron.

NO ONE

there needs to be balance, that is the key, not a focus but a sharing of responsibilities all the way across the lineup. Teams cannot defend a balanced attack.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                          Well if the measure if 3P%, then you are factually incorrect, his best season was several years later when he shot 35.4% on just 2.5 attempts (half of his career high).

To illustrate "more confidence" or "more game from behind the arc" - you would see a plateau on his attempts during his best years, but that simply didn't happen.

His first 6 seasons (up to his best season in NBA), attempted 3.87 3PA per game. If what you say is true, then his next 6 seasons wouldn't have dropped to 2.8 3PA per game.

My point is that Stack was never a good 3 point shooter except for the odd season; therefore no correlation towards DD's 3 point prowess can be made.
                          My measure for best season was WS. That's the season he can point DeMar to - ie "I had my best season when I stopped taking so many long twos and took more 3s instead. Like you I had struggled with my shooting from distance, but I was also 26 when it clicked, even if just for a short while." That kind of thing.

Also, I think we can look at DeMar and expect another career high in 3-point shooting over the next season or two.
                          Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Fri Oct 23, 2015, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Also, I think we can look at DeMar and expect another career high in 3-point shooting over the next season or two.
                            you have really been beating that horse haven't you.

Comment

you have really been beating that horse haven't you.
                              You know it! It just doesn't make sense to put in that much practice at a skill like distance-shooting, only to peak at age 24.

I just wish he switched to more of a set-shot above the break. Or never shot above the break.

Comment

My measure for best season was WS. That's the season he can point DeMar to - ie "I had my best season when I stopped taking so many long twos and took more 3s instead. Like you I had struggled with my shooting from distance, but I was also 26 when it clicked, even if just for a short while." That kind of thing.

I dunno man, think you're seeing things. We don't have Stack's shot distribution from before that season, but the % of his shots that were from 3 consistently went down over the next 5 seasons while his mid-range attempts stayed roughly the same. If anything, he took more shots in the lane.

I think we can expect Demar to have 1 or 2 good* seasons from deep, but the rest to fall into the 27%-29% range.

* - good as in better than 31%.

Comment

Working...
                                X