Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Even if Stack wasn't Masai's first option. He was still one of his options. The fact that DD's and Stack's numbers are almost identical. Now Stack coaching Dd. Obviously Masai knew exactly what he was getting.
    I find it hilarious you keep saying Stack was brought in to coach DD. He was brought in because Masai wanted a recently retired player on the coaching staff, and Stackhouse had been trying for years to get an assistant coaching gig. Stackhouse will provide lots of veteran experience to keep the guys heads on straight. He had a very long NBA career (19 years) including 9 playoff appearances and 8 different teams, I'm sure he has all kinds of wisdom to pass on to guys. You're just as likely to see him talking up JV after a bad game as working with Demar on part of his offense. As much as I love a tactician like Nurse he can't relate to the guys on that level.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
      Not sure I see that same illustration. He attempted more 3P in his first 2 years than all seasons but his 1 best year. With the way his % went and his 3PA by year, I'd say the lesson was learning better shot selection than confidence.
      Sure, that was my point - he started taking way more 3s.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
        Sure, that was my point - he started taking way more 3s.
        No, that doesn't make sense. He shot a lot, sucked, scaled back, improved, shot more, then was inconsistent with %s and kept lower attempts.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
          I find it hilarious you keep saying Stack was brought in to coach DD. He was brought in because Masai wanted a recently retired player on the coaching staff, and Stackhouse had been trying for years to get an assistant coaching gig. Stackhouse will provide lots of veteran experience to keep the guys heads on straight. He had a very long NBA career (19 years) including 9 playoff appearances and 8 different teams, I'm sure he has all kinds of wisdom to pass on to guys. You're just as likely to see him talking up JV after a bad game as working with Demar on part of his offense. As much as I love a tactician like Nurse he can't relate to the guys on that level.
          You do know assistant coaches handle player development throughout the season right?
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Usual teams mentioned when talking about KD's free agency WIZ, OKC, LAL, NYC and Miami.
            Yes cause espn always knows.....

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
              Stackhouse trying to get a gig for years, begs the question: is the league-wide reputation of being a coaching assistant under Casey so un-appealing that Stackhouse was the only recent player Masai could get? Extreme, but you never know.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post

Nobody had LMA signing with the Spurs until it happened. Right now there are 30 destinations for KD along with every other FA

Comment

So do you think its reasonable to built a team around a player that you might never get?

That just doesn't like Masai to me.
                  When the pieces you add all work well together in team oriented bwsketball as well as playing off a superstar all on reasonable contracts with youth at each position.....then yes..

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                    No, that doesn't make sense. He shot a lot, sucked, scaled back, improved, shot more, then was inconsistent with %s and kept lower attempts.
                    I don't understand your point. Stackhouse's best season came coincided with upping his game from behind the arc, that was mine.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                      Nobody had LMA signing with the Spurs until it happened. Right now there are 30 destinations for KD along with every other FA
                      That is simply not true. Spurs and Mavs had been rumoured since before last season even started.
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                        Nope its not, if you miss out on KD, then you are screwed. I do think Masai planned it so we would have enough cap space for KD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        I would not say screwed at all. Pf is open as well. And horford ia a free agent.

We could subtract demar, add a 1 year signing, draft picks and nit miss a beat imo with an increase in roles for jv and dc

Comment

You do know assistant coaches handle player development throughout the season right?
                          Some do, others don't. We brought in player development guys, and Stack isn't one of them.

Comment

Even if Stack wasn't Masai's first option. He was still one of his options. The fact that DD's and Stack's numbers are almost identical. Now Stack coaching Dd. Obviously Masai knew exactly what he was getting.
                            Why bring a coach that was no better than demar at demars weaknesses if the endgame was solely to improve demar.

Comment

You do know there are more raptors than demar right?

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post

I think they know a little bit more than we do here.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X