Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slamdunk23 wrote: View Post
    But you also don't want to throw him to the dogs. You can still bring him off the bench for 25 mins and play small with DD at the 3.
    Can but Raptor could save money and also start using Wright and Powell more. Off topic but wonder what Sixer would want for Saric. He probable won't help them lose and he want to come over so might be cheap to pick up

Comment

Anderson is going to get a multiyear contract closer to 20 million than 10 million a year. He has already proven himself and has taken it a up a step this year.
      Not sure I agree with that. He's been hurt and missing shots this year (when healthy). Currently making $8M in the last year of his current UFA deal. Last year is usually inflated so even the adjusted value isn't likely $20M. But if someone wants to give him $20M, awesome. Better them then us.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
        It's not impossible and it's happened before. Kawhi Leonard started for the Spurs in his rookie season when they went 50-16 and went to the WCF.
        Yes but the exception shouldn't be counted on. It is not very likely. Plus the Spurs were contenders before Kwahi, so he didn't really elevate the team as much as found his way.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
          Not sure I agree with that. He's been hurt and missing shots this year (when healthy). Currently making $8M in the last year of his current UFA deal. Last year is usually inflated so even the adjusted value isn't likely $20M. But if someone wants to give him $20M, awesome. Better them then us.
          He hasn't missed a game all year and is averaging 18+ points shooting 46% and 38% from 3. The nba has moved to the small ball lineup with a stretch 4, he is going to be a hot commodity.

Also with the cap increase and supply/demand for talented free agents every deal is going to look like an overpay to you.
          Last edited by slamdunk23; Tue Dec 1, 2015, 11:10 PM.

Comment

He hasn't missed a game all year and is averaging 18+ points shooting 46% and 38% from 3. The nba has moved to the small ball lineup with a stretch 4, he is going to be a hot commodity.

Also with the cap increase and supply & demand for talented free agents every deal is going to look like an overpay to you.
            He has been hurt basically each of the previous few seasons. This year he is finally healthy.

Comment

Also with the cap increase and supply & demand for talented free agents every deal is going to look like an overpay to you.
              Dude, preach.

Comment

Yes but the exception shouldn't be counted on. It is not very likely. Plus the Spurs were contenders before Kwahi, so he didn't really elevate the team as much as found his way.
                It's also not very likely that you're gonna get 2 FAs for <20M that improve the team significantly enough to offset losing DeMar lol. I mean think about it. Amir just got $12M. For most people here we wanted an upgrade at the PF spot from him... so how are you going to get a better PF for even less when more teams have money to spend? It's just not gonna happen.

Paying DeMar 20M per year is not as bad of an option as what some think.

Comment

• I personally hate it, but DD is almost certainly re-signing with the Raptors next summer. Ross' extension made sure of that.

Raptors project about 15M in cap room if they let DD (and Biyombo, and JJ, and Scola) walk. That's not enough for a real star. I suspect they instead decide to keep depth (re-sign DD and Biyombo at least, maybe Scola too, possibly Bennett) and use trades to upgrade talent. Have a lot of trade chips (Ross, Patterson, 4 firsts in the next two years, Bruno, BeBe, Wright, Powell).
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Well hard to really give it a full go from my phone, but first priority is PF to me. So id be looking at T Jones (RFA) who made just $2.5 last year and Houston may struggle to match a decent sized offer with significant cap commitments already.

If not, a 1 yr "prove it" deal to Ryan Anderson to play the stretch 4 role. Should be at or under $10.

Teletovic isn't a terrible option for stretch 4 himself, especially if his price is low.

Start CoJo at SG and play a 4 out system ala SVG with
                    Lowry
                    CoJo
                    Carroll
                    Stretch PF
                    JV

We have Delon Wright to be the backup PG. We can sign a depth winger like Gerald Henderson to come off the bench as a 6th man type role. Bruno might even be ready for a larger role. We still have Scola and hopefully pair him with a young PF draftee to mentor.
                    If D-Mo gets back and manages to stay healthy, he's also a decent choice for a PF spot. Arguably even better than T Jones. I think that both you and JWash make good points. Players like TJones or DMo don't really do you much in terms of improvement with 2nd best player gone. On the other hand I'd like to see CoJo starting.

Also, you're spot on about timing. Drafting (high) a promising player is not necessarily a good option if Raps want to win now with Lowry and Caroll who both will be 30 next summer.
                    MeDar ReDozan

Comment

If Rudy was a poor fit next to DeRozan, wouldn't DeRozan therefore have also been a poor fit next to Rudy? Why was his play not suffering to the same extent? I don't mean to be facetious but it's starting to seem like DD is the only one who isn't allowed to have excuses for poor play. His reason is because he's going out there and freestyle iso-balling instead of playing team ball, but Gay was bad because he didn't fit with DD and Ross is bad because we don't have a good system for shooters... Like let's try to be a little bit more fair guys
                      Derozans play style is hard to fit pieces with. How is that not fair.

Gay plays much better away from demar than with him. And demars play without gay also solidifies that

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Comment

It's also not very likely that you're gonna get 2 FAs for <20M that improve the team significantly enough to offset losing DeMar lol. I mean think about it. Amir just got $12M. For most people here we wanted an upgrade at the PF spot from him... so how are you going to get a better PF for even less when more teams have money to spend? It's just not gonna happen.

Paying DeMar 20M per year is not as bad of an option as what some think.
                        offset losing Demar? When DD went down last year, we still won 57% of our games, which is on pace for 47 wins. When DD got "hot" at the end of the season, we were only 1 game over .500. His production means less to our wins than others. He can be replaced.

Amir got an overpay so that he would take an unguaranteed 2nd year.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                          I personally hate it, but DD is almost certainly re-signing with the Raptors next summer. Ross' extension made sure of that.
                          I very much doubt that Masai has made up his mind already. We have 60+ games (plus playoffs) to see what he can consistently bring to the team this year, and what other in-house options can bring. Powell, CoJo, Ross all offer in-house competition for the starting SG spot. Plus Bruno, Wright could impact the rotation too.

If this team plays poorly in the playoffs again, can't see Masai bringing back the band.

Comment

offset losing Demar? When DD went down last year, we still won 57% of our games, which is on pace for 47 wins. When DD got "hot" at the end of the season, we were only 1 game over .500. His production means less to our wins than others. He can be replaced.

Amir got an overpay so that he would take an unguaranteed 2nd year.
                            Means less to our wins than Lowry not some vague "others" and possibly JV as well now that he's getting 30+mpg. Nobody else.

Comment

I very much doubt that Masai has made up his mind already. We have 60+ games (plus playoffs) to see what he can consistently bring to the team this year, and what other in-house options can bring. Powell, CoJo, Ross all offer in-house competition for the starting SG spot. Plus Bruno, Wright could impact the rotation too.

If this team plays poorly in the playoffs again, can't see Masai bringing back the band.
                              CoJo is not going to start at 2-guard long-term. People here have been vehement about not playing DeMarre Carroll long-term at the 4 spot ("You signed him to be a 3+D wing so let him be a 3+D wing") in the situation that we were able to sign Durant and keep DeMar, saying that he was undersized; but now we're ok with an undersized CoJo playing the 2 spot because he'd displace DeMar. I'm not really liking this double standard.

Powell and Ross have shown absolutely nothing to indicate that they are competition for DeMar. Ross is currently not even playing like an NBA player.

Comment

CoJo is not going to start at 2-guard long-term. People here have been vehement about not playing DeMarre Carroll long-term at the 4 spot ("You signed him to be a 3+D wing so let him be a 3+D wing") in the situation that we were able to sign Durant and keep DeMar, saying that he was undersized; but now we're ok with an undersized CoJo playing the 2 spot because he'd displace DeMar. I'm not really liking this double standard.

Powell and Ross have shown absolutely nothing to indicate that they are competition for DeMar. Ross is currently not even playing like an NBA player.
                                Tbh Demar doesn't really play SG he's the PG and Lowry is the SG. As a passer, defender and ball handler CoJo is better. CJ-KL-DC-JJ-JV is probably the best defensive lineup and CJ-KL-DC-2Pats-JV the best offense

Comment

Working...
                                X