Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bandit wrote: View Post
    I'm wondering if Stackhouse's hindsight is what they brought him in for. At least thats what I'm telling myself

"Demar, seriously our games were damn near identical. I wish I had done x, so that I was a better player"
    And none of the teams where he was a featured player went very far...
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
      I think there are a lot of great reasons to hire Stackhouse, but specifically teaching DD to mimic his 90's ISO game (while simultaneously telling the rest of the team to encourage ball-movement & man-movement) is not one of them.

Exception being: if you're trying to inflate DD's trade value to a team that doesn't value advanced stats, like the Pelicans, Knicks or Lakers.
      Are we a team that values advance stats? Doesn't seem like it.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        Are we a team that values advance stats? Doesn't seem like it.
        The only people who don't value advanced stats around this organisation, based off of every interview and article I've read, are Casey and Derozan.

Weird you say that when you seem to be a Casey and Derozan guy lol

Comment

• Bandit wrote: View Post
          The only people who don't value advanced stats around this organisation, based off of every interview and article I've read, are Casey and Derozan.

Weird you say that when you seem to be a Casey and Derozan guy lol
          What about Masai? His over seen Casey coaching and DD playing for over 3 years now. He had the perfect out for both of them after the playoff disaster. Media wouldn't of killed him. Some fans would of praised him but, here we are 5 days ways from season starting and both of these guys still leading the team. Masai should be just as much at fault for the style of play as Coach Casey and DD.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

What about Masai? His over seen Casey coaching and DD playing for over 3 years now. He had the perfect out for both of them after the playoff disaster. Media wouldn't of killed him. Some fans would of praised him but, here we are 5 days ways from season starting and both of these guys still leading the team. Masai should be just as much at fault for the style of play as Coach Casey and DD.
            MU screwed up. He has never built a team that has gotten out of the first round. Thus far his ability as GM has been getting good value in trade and draft picks. He hasn't demonstrated any ability to actually building a playoff winning team

Comment

After this season, I will agree 100% if all are back next year, but really all Masai has done so far is not blow it up, not exactly the same as endorsing it.

Dealing DD during his All-Star campaign wouldn't have sat well with fans, and really had to see how far that team would go. Trading DD last year wouldn't have made sense since he was playing like crap and value of return diminished.

Casey appears to simply be on borrowed time at this point.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                People love to rag on the McGee trade, but in 2012/13 McGee had a 20.6 PER, more win shares per 48 than any Raptor did last year and a very good real plus-minus. McGee was signed as a George Karl center and he was excellent at it. Then, after Masai left, Denver fired Karl and McGee got injured.
                Oh I know. He definitely put up some tantalizing numbers....unfortunately that seemed to be fools gold. So can't blame Masai too much for it. But at the same time, it's still the most worrisome thing he's ever done.

Just to add, those numbers probably look extra good given how bad the Wiz were at the time. I mean, they sucked. Being a much more productive/efficient player relative to your teammates is sure to impact some numbers.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                Last edited by white men can't jump; Fri Oct 23, 2015, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Raptors are still going to run Iso. Their going to have better ball movement but, KLow/DD are still going to get their iso. Just wont be as much. I said this before this offense is going to be a mixture of the last two years.
                  Totally okay with an equitable balance of ISO & "plays" and hope it comes to pass. Last year's style of play was crazy, in spite of the early regular season success. I think everybody agrees that last season was fool's gold and a step backwards for the franchise in terms of individual player development and team style of play.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                    I thought Stackhouse was about having a guy on staff who could relate to players better? A former player, not too far removed?
                    Probably but there are a lot of ex players that would have made more of an impact to this team than Stackhouse. Why not a guy with great IQ like a Battier, or Billups? Billups for example was already a mentor to Lowry so he'd be very relatable.

Stackhouse seems like an odd choice to bring into the coaching staff. Not an analytic darling in his time. Played too much like the guy that's probably not going to be here in a year.

I love Masai.. but he has to show me he knows what he's doing with regards to his coaching staff. So far it's been pretty bleak.

Either way I'm holding full judgement until next summer.. that's really when Masai has to get his coaching staff figured out. If Casey is back or some re-treat is hired, it'll really piss me off.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                      After this season, I will agree 100% if all are back next year, but really all Masai has done so far is not blow it up, not exactly the same as endorsing it.

Dealing DD during his All-Star campaign wouldn't have sat well with fans, and really had to see how far that team would go. Trading DD last year wouldn't have made sense since he was playing like crap and value of return diminished.

Casey appears to simply be on borrowed time at this point.
                      Dd closed out the season playing out of his mind. I'm sure he had great trade value. Wasn't Denver offering Galo and 1st pick around time? That's pretty good for such a bad player but, Masai decided to add a wing that can guard bigger players and spread the floor while DD is operating.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Dd closed out the season playing out of his mind. I'm sure he had great trade value. Wasn't Denver offering Galo and 1st pick around time? That's pretty good for such a bad player but, Masai decided to add a wing that can guard bigger players and spread the floor while DD is operating.
                        thats cause massai is building for Durant.

Build a team around Durant even when you dont have him.

Demar can pretend this season, Durant can actually be next.

Same with coach, Kevin can now have an input on that too.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                          Probably but there are a lot of ex players that would have made more of an impact to this team than Stackhouse. Why not a guy with great IQ like a Battier, or Billups? Billups for example was already a mentor to Lowry so he'd be very relatable.

Stackhouse seems like an odd choice to bring into the coaching staff. Not an analytic darling in his time. Played too much like the guy that's probably not going to be here in a year.

I love Masai.. but he has to show me he knows what he's doing with regards to his coaching staff. So far it's been pretty bleak.

Either way I'm holding full judgement until next summer.. that's really when Masai has to get his coaching staff figured out. If Casey is back or some re-treat is hired, it'll really piss me off.
                          Battier or Billups. Sign me up. Are they even interested in coaching?

Comment

Or this:

Snooch wrote: View Post

Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post

Well if that's what Masai is doing that is really irresponsible. Built a team around a player you might never have? That doesn't like Masai at all. When ESPN talk about possible destination for KD Toronto never comes up.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Usual teams mentioned when talking about KD's free agency WIZ, OKC, LAL, NYC and Miami.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X