Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JWash wrote: View Post
    Not gonna be able to get in the paint all game every game. Sometimes you gotta make shots, he did. Dude's balling this season, will be sticking around for a long time to come.
    Yes, and more often then not, he doesn't. The shooting percentages aren't a lie.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
      Yes, and more often then not, he doesn't. The shooting percentages aren't a lie.
      And more often than not he's driving to the rim. That's no lie either.

Comment

And more often than not he's driving to the rim. That's no lie either.
        The point was against Miami he didn't. Also, against Charlotte and Indiana, after the 1st quarter in each game, he didn't.

EDIT: I'm wrong, he just didn't against Indiana. He had 4 FGA within 10 feet that entire game.
        Last edited by Barolt; Sun Dec 20, 2015, 03:23 PM.
        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
          The point was against Miami he didn't. Also, against Charlotte and Indiana, after the 1st quarter in each game, he didn't.

EDIT: I'm wrong, he just didn't against Indiana. He had 2 FGA within 10 feet that entire game.
          That's fine. Still at 12 drives per game on the year, not really concerned by different shot selection in 2 games. Playing great basketball this season, nothing to complain about.

Comment

• Been lurking over on the front page for a couple of months before finally deciding to have a peek over here and see if there's any difference. A little more detailed and stat conscious maybe, but same deal in the lack of appreciation for DeMar. This is a Raptors' fan base? Really? Disheartening

Comment

• Eliza wrote: View Post
              Been lurking over on the front page for a couple of months before finally deciding to have a peek over here and see if there's any difference. A little more detailed and stat conscious maybe, but same deal in the lack of appreciation for DeMar. This is a Raptors' fan base? Really? Disheartening
              Some of us would say it's disheartening that people don't take a big picture view on things concerning Demar, style of play, efficiency, etc etc.

I would appreciate Demar a lot more if he wasn't option 1A on the team. If he was able to function using the driving abilities he has demonstrated with a LOT fewer ISO jumpshits. But, between himself and spending years being force-fed by Casey's offence, I really don't know if he can play that role anymore.
              Last edited by KHD; Sun Dec 20, 2015, 03:42 PM.

Comment

That's fine. Still at 12 drives per game on the year, not really concerned by different shot selection in 2 games. Playing great basketball this season, nothing to complain about.
                I agree that he's been playing great all year. That's why games like the MIA game are so disappointing. I don't think we need to pretend to like the game he played against MIA to appreciate the overall changes in his game so far this year.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  I agree that he's been playing great all year. That's why games like the MIA game are so disappointing. I don't think we need to pretend to like the game he played against MIA to appreciate the overall changes in his game so far this year.
                  the drive-to-jumpshit ratio is swinging in a positive direction this season. Definite (+).

But that doesn't mean there isn't a lot of room for improvement.

Comment

This. I posted several times in the past few days that the way DeMar's been playing lately, for the most part, has been great. I'd still like to see him used a little less, because I'd like our offense to involve the rest of the team more so we Kyle and DeMar have some energy left come the playoffs. But when DeMar is driving to the rim and drawing fouls, he's a very good player.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                      Some of us would say it's disheartening that people don't take a big picture view on things concerning Demar, style of play, efficiency, etc etc.

I would appreciate Demar a lot more if he wasn't option 1A on the team. If he was able to function using the driving abilities he has demonstrated with a LOT fewer ISO jumpshits. But, between himself and spending years being force-fed by Casey's offence, I really don't know if he can play that role anymore.
                      This isn't his choice at all.

I think it's universally established at this point that DeRozan is doing what he's asked to do by Casey out there. Put up shots and get buckets.

I don't buy this idea that he's not coachable. Hate to drudge up the Team USA example again but if he wasn't coachable, Mike doesn't put him on that team and Thibs isn't gushing over him. You bring in a better coach who can utilize him in a better way (particularly if we have a legit #1 guy in place) and I don't see why he wouldn't make the adjustments necessary. I don't get why we're talking about DD like he's not interested in doing what's best for the team.

Comment

I'm not pretending to like it, I'm just not going to feed into the negative posts and criticism because there's already way too much of that on a guy who's playing career-best basketball this season and a top 20 win share producer in the league.

Every positive about the guy always has to be flipped into a negative.

He's driving more? Well look! He drives more in our losses so it seems like him driving hurts us.
                        He's doing great in the pick and roll? Well look! If you filter it to include bench players, they're elite in the pick and roll too

Comment

7 of DD's 17 shots were in the 16 feet to 3pt line range. Another 4 were between 15 feet out and 16 feet out.

On the year, on 2 pointers over 15 feet, he shot 36% going into the MIA game. Now he's shot 38% from that range. Because he hit 7/11 on a shot where the expected success rate is 4/11.

Like I said in the game thread, DD got hot. But his shot selection was absolutely brutal, and most nights that bites us rather than wins us the game, it just worked out this time.
                          I'm not trying to make excuses for him because we all know I hate how many long 2's he takes but a lot of it against Miami might have had to do with Whiteside. The first time we played them we tried to go into the paint a lot and got blocked or altered almost every time by Whiteside. Like legit. He was an animal that game. So it could have been that because even though he does take too many long 2's he does go to the basket more than that usually.
                          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

I'm not pretending to like it, I'm just not going to feed into the negative posts and criticism because there's already way too much of that on a guy who's playing career-best basketball this season and a top 20 win share producer in the league.

Every positive about the guy always has to be flipped into a negative.

He's driving more? Well look! He drives more in our losses so it seems like him driving hurts us.
                            He's doing great in the pick and roll? Well look! If you filter it to include bench players, they're elite in the pick and roll too
                            Correlation != Causation. That he drives more in losses is interesting, but not necessarily damning. It certainly warrants a look at why that might be the case though, doesn't it?

My feeling with stats is always that they tell a story, but you have to be willing to look at them from all angles to really figure out what that story is.

Comment

• Eliza wrote: View Post
                              Been lurking over on the front page for a couple of months before finally deciding to have a peek over here and see if there's any difference. A little more detailed and stat conscious maybe, but same deal in the lack of appreciation for DeMar. This is a Raptors' fan base? Really? Disheartening
                              Welcome.

We need more Raptors fans here.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                                I'm not trying to make excuses for him because we all know I hate how many long 2's he takes but a lot of it against Miami might have had to do with Whiteside. The first time we played them we tried to go into the paint a lot and got blocked or altered almost every time by Whiteside. Like legit. He was an animal that game. So it could have been that because even though he does take too many long 2's he does go to the basket more than that usually.
                                Except... DeMar went 2/3 from inside 10ft, with Whiteside on the court for all 3 attempts. And DeMar drew 7 FTA in the first quarter by going to the rack. Only 6 FTA the rest of the game when he was shooting from outside.

Comment

Working...
                                X