Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    Like i always say n this thread. Haters gonna hate. This thread is hilarious right now. The usual suspects in complete troll mode. But i'm not surprised. Not at all lol.
    Well, lets talk about 'the usual suspects'. In the game thread against Miami, someone said that DeMar 'had been killing it from midrange this month'. I pointed out that he was shooting ~38% from midrange this month, they said he was 'killing it from midrange this week', I pointed out that he was shooting 34% from midrange that week. They said he'd been 'killing it from midrange against Indiana', I pointed out he shot 37% from midrange against Indiana. People see what they want to see.
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
      Well, lets talk about 'the usual suspects'. In the game thread against Miami, someone said that DeMar 'had been killing it from midrange this month'. I pointed out that he was shooting ~38% from midrange this month, they said he was 'killing it from midrange this week', I pointed out that he was shooting 34% from midrange that week. They said he'd been 'killing it from midrange against Indiana', I pointed out he shot 37% from midrange against Indiana. People see what they want to see.
      I don't really care about that it's not relevant to this current discussion.

- He's killing it in the pick and roll on the season.
      - He's killing it on drives
      - His advanced stats are the best we've seen in his career

If that's not something that we're allowed to be happy about or celebrate, then what is even the point of being a fan? I get the constant criticism when the guy was hurling up 20 footer after 20 footer but he's not doing that anymore so why is the narrative on the negative end not changing? Every success, every improvement is met with some kind of arbitrary measure meant to discredit him for good performances and disprove that he is playing well.

You want a better SG. Get me Klay, get me Jimmy Buckets, get me Harden. If not I'm not interested.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post

If that's not something that we're allowed to be happy about or celebrate, then what is even the point of being a fan? I get the constant criticism when the guy was hurling up 20 footer after 20 footer but he's not doing that anymore so why is the narrative on the negative end not changing? Every success, every improvement is met with some kind of arbitrary measure meant to discredit him for good performances and disprove that he is playing well.

You want a better SG. Get me Klay, get me Jimmy Buckets, get me Harden. If not I'm not interested.
        The narrative changes depending on whether they win or lose. Demar the player im fine with, the way the guard position is used im less than okay with

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
          The narrative changes depending on whether they win or lose. Demar the player im fine with, the way the guard position is used im less than okay with
          Trying to fit every player and position into some mold or standard isn't really a great team building strategy. Your SG doesn't need to be a 3+D guy.

Comment

Trying to fit every player and position into some mold or standard isn't really a great team building strategy. Your SG doesn't need to be a 3+D guy.
            It definitely helps. I've seen so many times where defenders leave DD open on the perimeter, and he either passes it or shoots and prays it goes in.

Comment

I'm getting killed right now in the TRoss thread for wanting to celebrate him having two phenomenal games in which he was our best offensive player by pretty much any statistical measure. And DeMar did hurl 20 footer after 20 footer against Miami. They went in, but that didn't mean that it's the type of game anyone should want him to play.

Comment

I wasn't even talking about you. Hmmm. You're not new here man. Admit it. What's your original username here?
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

I'm getting killed right now in the TRoss thread for wanting to celebrate him having two phenomenal games in which he was our best offensive player by pretty much any statistical measure. And DeMar did hurl 20 footer after 20 footer against Miami. They went in, but that didn't mean that it's the type of game anyone should want him to play.
                  I don't care about that. I'm not even in on that discussion. I just don't understand why every positive regarding DeMar is attempted to be broken down and flipped into a negative.

And no he didn't he took 5 shots out of 17 from beyond 20 feet

Comment

I wasn't even talking about you. Hmmm. You're not new here man. Admit it. What's your original username here?
                    I'm completely new here as a poster. I lurked for about a year on and off before starting to post. Never posted here before the last few weeks.

Comment

I don't care about that. I'm not even in on that discussion. I just don't understand why every positive regarding DeMar is attempted to be broken down and flipped into a negative.

He took 11 of 17 shots from 15+ feet out, sorry. He certainly wasn't attacking the rim like he has been the rest of the games this month.

Comment

Lol. DeRozan was the Raps best player the last 2 games. And it's not even close. But whatever man.

Also, how long have you been watching the Raps? 2 weeks? there's a REASON why you're getting killed in the Terrence Ross forum. YOU CAN'T BLAME ALL THESE PEOPLE for shitting on Ross. He's the most inconsistent player on this team. He DISAPPEARS ALL THE TIME specially in BIG games. I still remember the Brooklyn series. He was a complete non factor in all 7 games.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

7 of DD's 17 shots were in the 16 feet to 3pt line range. Another 4 were between 15 feet out and 16 feet out.

On the year, on 2 pointers over 15 feet, he shot 36% going into the MIA game. Now he's shot 38% from that range. Because he hit 7/11 on a shot where the expected success rate is 4/11.

Like I said in the game thread, DD got hot. But his shot selection was absolutely brutal, and most nights that bites us rather than wins us the game, it just worked out this time.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Lol. DeRozan was the Raps best player the last 2 games. And it's not even close. But whatever man.

Also, how long have you been watching the Raps? 2 weeks? there's a REASON why you're getting killed in the Terrence Ross forum. YOU CAN'T BLAME ALL THESE PEOPLE for shitting on Ross. He's the most inconsistent player on this team. He DISAPPEARS ALL THE TIME specially in BIG games. I still remember the Brooklyn series. He was a complete non factor in all 7 games.
                            Been watching the Raps since '95.

You're not wrong. He has consistency issues. Lots of young players have had that problem though. Some guys manage to overcome them. Like it or not though, we need Ross to be good for us to advance further in the playoffs this year. So the way I see it, if we aren't going to make the leap as a team without him making a leap, we need to put him in a position to succeed. So from a practical standpoint, what's the use in shitting on a guy because he's been bad when it looks like he's becoming good?

I didn't say Ross was our best player, I said statistically speaking he was our best offensive player, which is true. He had 17 points on 19 touches with 94.4% true shooting against Miami. That's insane efficiency. DeMar did more, and we wouldn't have won the game without either of their games.

As far as big games, last year against Washington DeMar was worse than his regular season statistics by every measure imaginable, and you haven't given up on him.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              7 of DD's 17 shots were in the 16 feet to 3pt line range. Another 4 were between 15 feet out and 16 feet out.

On the year, on 2 pointers over 15 feet, he shot 36% going into the MIA game. Now he's shot 38% from that range. Because he hit 7/11 on a shot where the expected success rate is 4/11.

Like I said in the game thread, DD got hot. But his shot selection was absolutely brutal, and most nights that bites us rather than wins us the game, it just worked out this time.
                              Not gonna be able to get in the paint all game every game. Sometimes you gotta make shots, he did. Dude's balling this season, will be sticking around for a long time to come.

Comment

Not gonna be able to get in the paint all game every game. Sometimes you gotta make shots, he did. Dude's balling this season, will be sticking around for a long time to come.
                                He got lucky. Let's hope he doesn't fall in love with the midrange again because he had one good shooting game from there.

Comment

Working...
                                X