Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• special1 wrote: View Post
    You would see 30 attempts..... lol

I know you're joking.... But this is always the tactic from the doubters. Make it seem worse than it ever was.

FYI - A simple check shows that Demar never averaged more than 17.8 FGA (and that was in his all-star season).

He's averaging 15.2 FGA so far this year...

He averages 14 FGA over his career (6+ seasons)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post

Rhetoric ....it never gets old, to some.

Who are these people who find this crap so enjoyable......hmmm.

Comment

You would see 30 attempts..... lol

I know you're joking.... But this is always the tactic from the doubters. Make it seem worse than it ever was.

FYI - A simple check shows that Demar never averaged more than 17.8 FGA (and that was in his all-star season).

He's averaging 15.2 FGA so far this year...

He averages 14 FGA over his career (6+ seasons)

Except that it's been 17 FGA for the last couple of seasons. Anything over 15 is way too much for a poor shooter.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
          Except that it's been 17 FGA for the last couple of seasons. Anything over 15 is way too much for a poor shooter.
          Way too much? lol.

Shoots really well from the line. I don't really see a poor shooter.... I see someone who takes tough shots. Someone has to.

Good thing is that he's been driving a lot lately. I think it's foolish to limit his FGA if he's consistently driving and getting to the FT line.

Comment

Way too much? lol.

Shoots really well from the line. I don't really see a poor shooter.... I see someone who takes tough shots. Someone has to.

Good thing is that he's been driving a lot lately. I think it's foolish to limit his FGA if he's consistently driving and getting to the FT line.

We've seen 'good DeRozan' far more than 'bad DeRozan' this season, which has been refreshing, playing the exact way that so many of his 'haters' have been hoping for.

As far as rhetoric goes, the bold is just as laughable now as it has been over the past few seasons. When you're playing pass-first team-oriented ball, there is no reason and/or excuse for any players to take tough (aka bad/forced/inefficient) shots.

I'll gladly give him credit where credit is due, but comments like that are just plain inflammatory and unnecessary, given his improvements overall this season.

Comment

• All these comments from those who defended DD for years, I just want to point out.....

You're cheering for the same person but you're not currently cheering the same player.

If this version of DD over the last 5 games, minus a few relapses here and there, had been the DD we consistently saw over the previous 4-5 SEASONS (essentially since he became a 1st or 2nd scoring threat) then there would not have been too much to DeBate.

The DeMar DeRozan we have been seeing thus far this season and the DeMar DeRozan we have seen over previous seasons is NOT the same player.

Comment

• Well that was a great game by Derozan.

Didn't settle for the fadeaway, but used it to keep his defender tight and then attacked the body. Hope that continues, can't assume he'll get to the line as much as he is but if he keeps going to the rim then that'll help.

I liked seeing him catch the ball in movement, saw some offball action last night to get him the ball in the right spots and encourage movement.

And man his defense has gone through the roof. Looks like he's actually trying now more often than not. If he can keep this up then I'm a happy camper. Demarre and skinny Lowry seem to be raising expectations on energy levels. I like that.

Just a side note, tracking Demar's FG attempts is an excercise in futility for the most part. When he has a game like tonight it looks good, when he doesn't get to the line then it looks really bad. What I've seen this year so far that I like is that when he has a game where he can hit shots and get to the line he's forcing it to the hole. When he isnt getting the whistle and hitting shots he's trying to help his team more. That self recognition could really elevate him

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                  Who made that rule?
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                    Who made that rule?
                    Common sense.

If you're a poor shooter...you shouldn't be shooting that much. It's pretty self-explanatory.
                    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Who made that rule?
                      I was gonna go with Math, but

Just Is wrote: View Post
                      Common sense.

If you're a poor shooter...you shouldn't be shooting that much. It's pretty self-explanatory.
                      Works too.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                        All these comments from those who defended DD for years, I just want to point out.....

You're cheering for the same person but you're not currently cheering the same player.

If this version of DD over the last 5 games, minus a few relapses here and there, had been the DD we consistently saw over the previous 4-5 SEASONS (essentially since he became a 1st or 2nd scoring threat) then there would not have been too much to DeBate.

The DeMar DeRozan we have been seeing thus far this season and the DeMar DeRozan we have seen over previous seasons is NOT the same player.
                        Well ... this new guy seems pretty comfortable wearing that other guy's jock strap. So they must be quite "close".

But seriously, Guys who like DeMar were continually mentioning his pride, character, maturity and work ethic. And the nay-sayers down-played (or dismissed) the relevance of these aspects of the man.

So I don't think the rhetorical manoeuvre of saying he's now a "different player" adds any insight. If he adapts as we'd hoped, then you under-estimated him. That's all. It happens, no shame in it.

But own it, dude. Good for the soul, one hears.

Comment

• DD proving his doubters wrong. Where have I seen this before.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

DD proving his doubters wrong. Where have I seen this before.
                            Air Bud

Comment

DD proving his doubters wrong. Where have I seen this before.
                              Wouldn't it be "proving his doubters right" if the reason he's playing better is him limiting what all the "doubters" brought up (that were also supported by a sh*t ton of statistics, articles and the eye test)?
                              "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                              "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                                Well ... this new guy seems pretty comfortable wearing that other guy's jock strap. So they must be quite "close".

But seriously, Guys who like DeMar were continually mentioning his pride, character, maturity and work ethic. And the nay-sayers down-played (or dismissed) the relevance of these aspects of the man.

So I don't think the rhetorical manoeuvre of saying he's now a "different player" adds any insight. If he adapts as we'd hoped, then you under-estimated him. That's all. It happens, no shame in it.

But own it, dude. Good for the soul, one hears.

The whole DD is a "new player" is just some posters trying to cover up the fact that DD has proven them wrong once again.

Lets not act like DD wasn't playing out of his mind last year for last 2 months after being healthy.

The only difference is Masai has brought players(Carroll) that better complement his game. Which make him harder to guard.

DD has just continued from where he left off at the end of the regular season.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X