Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barolt wrote: View Post
    Except... DeMar went 2/3 from inside 10ft, with Whiteside on the court for all 3 attempts. And DeMar drew 7 FTA in the first quarter by going to the rack. Only 6 FTA the rest of the game when he was shooting from outside.
    lol "only 6 FTA the rest of the game"

uhhhh so drawing 13 FT's total in a game is now a bad thing? thats more than harden's average whos obviously the league leader. how many did you want him to draw? you're finding really dumb shit to complain about. miami has one of the best defenses in the league right now. you really think they would keep letting derozan going to the rack all game???

whens the last time ross even had a single FT attempt?

Comment

Except... DeMar went 2/3 from inside 10ft, with Whiteside on the court for all 3 attempts. And DeMar drew 7 FTA in the first quarter by going to the rack. Only 6 FTA the rest of the game when he was shooting from outside.
      Okay well I didn't watch the game I just thought that might have been the reason. Well then I'm with you guys. He definitely took a lot of bad shots that game, they just went in. Hopefully it doesn't become a habit again because he has been playing so well all season.
      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post

uhhhh so drawing 13 FT's total in a game is now a bad thing? thats more than harden's average whos obviously the league leader. how many did you want him to draw? you're finding really dumb shit to complain about.

Read the context, please. He drew 7 FTAs going to the rack in the first, then 6 the rest of the game when he stopped driving. The clear conclusion there is that he was more successful when he was going to the rack than when he's shooting the midrange, which even though it was working for him against Miami, is not a good shot for DeMar.
        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

uhhhh so drawing 13 FT's total in a game is now a bad thing? thats more than harden's average whos obviously the league leader. how many did you want him to draw? you're finding really dumb shit to complain about.

LMAO! When was the last time Ross played well for a week straight? From what I can recall, probably never! LOL. But I do agree with him that Demar took too many long 2's that game by the stats he showed us
          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
            LMAO! When was the last time Ross played well for a week straight? From what I can recall, probably never! LOL. But I do agree with him that Demar took too many long 2's that game by the stats he showed us
            The thing with Ross is, he doesn't need to shoot FTs to hit .550+ TS%. DeMar without FTAs would have an awful TS%. He needs to be getting to the line and hitting them to be effective.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
              But there are good midrange shots and bad ones, and most of the ones he took were good, open ones in rhythm.

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                But there are good midrange shots and bad ones, and most of the ones he took were good, open ones in rhythm.
                http://nbasavant.com/shot_search.php...lMin=0#results

For DeMar, there aren't. From 15+ ft. with 4+ ft of seperation from his defender, he's shooting 30% this season.

Comment

uhhhh so drawing 13 FT's total in a game is now a bad thing? thats more than harden's average whos obviously the league leader. how many did you want him to draw? you're finding really dumb shit to complain about. miami has one of the best defenses in the league right now. you really think they would keep letting derozan going to the rack all game???

Lol I actually completely missed that, good catch. Only 18 players in the NBA average over 6 FTA per game so I'd say 6 in one half is pretty good, no?

Ross' last FT attempt was Dec 7th. To be fair though Ross is basically just a spot up shooter and transition dunker, which is fine but considering he's not one of the best shooters in the league, it's a role player/bench caliber skillset.

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                    Nah, most of his midrange shots were pull-up jumpers off the dribble, where he is notoriously bad - shooting 41% on pull-up 2 point shots outside of 10 feet this year, last year he shot 36%. Either way, far more likely to miss than make.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

The thing with Ross is, he doesn't need to shoot FTs to hit .550+ TS%. DeMar without FTAs would have an awful TS%. He needs to be getting to the line and hitting them to be effective.
                      Ross isn't shooting 55+ TS% and has only done so once (55.3 TS% in 2013-14). He's at 52.2% this year and 51.9% last year which is really bad for a guy who primarily just takes spot up threes.

We can talk about "DeMar without FTAs" all we want but that doesn't exist lol. He's 2nd in the NBA in makes over the past 3 seasons.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        Nah, most of his midrange shots were pull-up jumpers off the dribble, where he is notoriously bad - shooting 41% on pull-up 2 point shots outside of 10 feet this year, last year he shot 36%. Either way, far more likely to miss than make.
                        Umm I just want to point out that 41% is actually not a bad percentage on those type of shots.

Not saying he should be taking them (needs to be driving more), but 41% on pull-up jumpers isn't a low percentage.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                          Ross isn't shooting 55+ TS% and has only done so once (55.3 TS% in 2013-14). He's at 52.2% this year and 51.9% last year which is really bad for a guy who primarily just takes spot up threes.

We can talk about "DeMar without FTAs" all we want but that doesn't exist lol. He's 2nd in the NBA in makes over the past 3 seasons.
                          In December, Ross is at 57.7% TS%. 273 of his 470 minutes this season have been in the month of December as well, so that's a decent sample size of his season.

Comment

Umm I just want to point out that 41% is actually not a bad percentage on those type of shots.

Not saying he should be taking them (needs to be driving more), but 41% on pull-up jumpers isn't a low percentage.
                            League-wide DeMar ranks in the 41st percentile on pullups. Certainly not good.

Comment

- DeRozan is elite scoring and creating points in P&R situations, want to use Thornton/Chalmers to discredit that (guys that don't even start)? So be it.
                              - DeRozan is elite at driving and scoring baskets at the rim. If we want to say that him driving leads to losses? So be it.
                              - DeRozan is playing at a level we have not seen him play at before this season, but if we want to say that his best games lead to us losing? So be it.

All I know is the guy is putting up 22-4-4 this season on an efficient 54.2 TS% with a positive net rating, top 20 rank in the league in win shares and top 11 rank in OWS. His PER is over 20, and he's been producing like this on a consistent basis all year. There's nothing that looks streaky about it since it's not like he's doing it by nailing jumper after jumper (*cough* Beal *cough* in the early season *cough* who everyone prefers to DeMar, but isn't as good). He's doing it by getting to the rim and finishing or making free throws which is something you can do game after game, it hasn't mattered this year if he's facing George and Middleton or some scrub defender he's been producing consistently, while getting the opponent's best wing defender put on him every night.

This isn't a guy that Masai is going to say, "welp, go ahead and leave" in the offseason. He's going to try to keep him as much as many here want him gone at all costs. He's playing excellent basketball this season. I'm not really sure what people want at this point. Most of the complaints with him had to do with playing selfishly and taking way too many ill-advised 20 footers.... well he has gone away from that and focused on scoring in the paint where he's most effective and also using his ability to weave through defenders inside to create opportunities for teammates.

This is the prototype, vintage, efficient shooting guard. You can talk about 3+D all you want, but that's a whole lot easier to get your hands on than DeMar DeRozan.
                              Pretty much all of this post is exagerrated ignorance.

Congratulations

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Comment

There are zero examples. How would you even explain it to Durant? (Who would probably want to come and play with DeMar at least as part of the reasoning for the move).

It's just something people are hoping for but there is absolutely no way Masai is going to just throw up a giant "fuck you" to DeMar and let him walk. If Durant wants to come I guarantee you someone else will be jettisoned to make way for DeMar.
                                First paragraph is purely opinion and has zero credibility

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X