Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
    Not sure if posted... JV's GF:

    Comment


    • Pissed that JV's gonna be forced to play in summer league against D-Leaguers and 3-stringers when he could be using that time to train with Sabonis on national team camp

      Comment


      • He's going to do both as far as I know.

        Comment


        • Soft Euro wrote: View Post
          He's going to do both as far as I know.
          I know, but Summer League just seems a waste of time to me to be honest. There is no teamplay there. I bet Raptors' scrimmages are more beneficial to him than those Las Vegas games. I'd prefer him to put more work with either Sabonis or weights in the gym.

          Comment


          • omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
            Pissed that JV's gonna be forced to play in summer league against D-Leaguers and 3-stringers when he could be using that time to train with Sabonis on national team camp

            well beating up on players weaker than you is also good for development, it worked for Acy. At the very least hes playing against weaker NBA talent and getting his confidence up, Id rather the summer league team build up Ross though.

            Comment


            • omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
              I know, but Summer League just seems a waste of time to me to be honest. There is no teamplay there. I bet Raptors' scrimmages are more beneficial to him than those Las Vegas games. I'd prefer him to put more work with either Sabonis or weights in the gym.
              Remember that JV is only 20 years old kid, and he must play, and play a lot to IMPROVE. Practicing with Sabonis or other hall of famer will never be enough. That's just it. I really hope JV will maximize every single chance to play either it's summer league or pick up game with friends. He needs to play to improve.

              Is there any source that JV will be practicing with Sabonis ?

              Comment


              • I think summer league is a great experiance for a young player, being the focal point of the offense, getting a lot of post ups, if getting doubled making the right pass, getting the confidence up, extra time playing NBA style basketball, apart from thw posibility of getting injured (which you can do in practice) i dont see any downsides

                Comment


                • Summer league is the perfect place to work on his left hand and put some new post moves into play with players who haven't see you practising them every day so either let you get them to gain confidence, or stop you because they know what's coming.

                  Comment


                  • Toronto's summer league team should be very good, JV, Ross, and Acy leading the way.

                    Comment


                    • Then we got Rudy, Derozan, Lowry, our 3 rookies, and more leading the way in the regular season.

                      Comment


                      • ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
                        Toronto's summer league team should be very good, JV, Ross, and Acy leading the way.
                        Summer league should be a lot more competive this summer. With it going into a tournament format.
                        @Chr1st1anL

                        Comment


                        • Summer league is garbage. Basically an even less intense version of D-League. It's good for reps, but honestly I thought JV doesn't really need the reps against that level of competition. I guess they mostly want it as a mid-summer evaluation of he, Ross and Acy. Ross definitely needs it, and that's partly why I thought they might have JV skip it. Let Ross be the focal point of the offense in the summer league. He needs the reps more.

                          Comment


                          • white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                            Summer league is garbage. Basically an even less intense version of D-League. It's good for reps, but honestly I thought JV doesn't really need the reps against that level of competition. I guess they mostly want it as a mid-summer evaluation of he, Ross and Acy. Ross definitely needs it, and that's partly why I thought they might have JV skip it. Let Ross be the focal point of the offense in the summer league. He needs the reps more.
                            The new playoff style format is an exciting addition tho. It'll be worth watching, more competition

                            Comment


                            • The Raptors are a lock to make the playoffs in summer league.

                              Comment


                              • NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                                The new playoff style format is an exciting addition tho. It'll be worth watching, more competition
                                It doesn't really change anything. Just a bunch of crap to try and shake things up. The talent pool is still the same. The fact that nothing tangible is on the line is still true. Just a bunch of guys chucking the ball.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X