This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two-part question:

Can a multi-player trade be made (i) between two teams that are both over the cap; and, (ii) involve one team over the cap - if the contract years being exchanged match?

(I propose that the answers to this question re: Trades be added to the CBA).

Thx

Sent from my 6045I using Tapatalk
    RR OG

Comment

• James Ballswin (Realizar) wrote: View Post
      Two-part question:

Can a multi-player trade be made (i) between two teams that are both over the cap; and, (ii) involve one team over the cap - if the contract years being exchanged match?

Thx
      1) Yes 2) Yes.

I think it has generally been understood that as long as you're not taking back more years, you are free to do what you like when trading while over the cap. I'm not sure it needs to be added to the CBA, but I'd be happy to if people want it added.

Comment

• James Ballswin (Realizar) wrote: View Post
        Two-part question:

Thx
        Whenever a team is over the cap, they can make any trade that brings in equal or fewer years.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Made an ever so slight tweak to the CBA to incorporate for clarity.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
            Made an ever so slight tweak to the CBA to incorporate for clarity.
            Didn't I mention that my post is copyrighted? Very reasonable fees to use though

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
              but seriously, why can't i adjust my lineups?
              ceez has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

Comment

• Quick cap question: if I trade, say, one player for three players but not caring about the two additional players, can I make the trade and waive the two extras, or do I need to waive two players currently on my squad and then make the trade (absorbing the traded players into the extra roster spots I opened up via waivers)?
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  Quick cap question: if I trade, say, one player for three players but not caring about the two additional players, can I make the trade and waive the two extras, or do I need to waive two players currently on my squad and then make the trade (absorbing the traded players into the extra roster spots I opened up via waivers)?
                  Joey and I discussed this earlier in the season (PM exchange). You need a commissioner to perform the add/drop swap since Yahoo will only let you drop a player from your current roster. So essentially you'd need to do the deal and get Joey, Tucas or I to manually adjust the add/drop after the fact (ideally immediately) otherwise your players hit waivers.

You take the cap hit for the players you acquired to drop rather than the players on your roster that Yahoo makes you choose.

I'd still run it by Joey first though but it essentially the same idea I floated with him earlier on a deal that didn't end up panning out.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                    Joey and I discussed this earlier in the season (PM exchange). You need a commissioner to perform the add/drop swap since Yahoo will only let you drop a player from your current roster. So essentially you'd need to do the deal and get Joey, Tucas or I to manually adjust the add/drop after the fact (ideally immediately) otherwise your players hit waivers.

You take the cap hit for the players you acquired to drop rather than the players on your roster that Yahoo makes you choose.

I'd still run it by Joey first though but it essentially the same idea I floated with him earlier on a deal that didn't end up panning out.
                    That is what I thought.

As long as you're operating in the rules of the cap and people over the cap are not taking back more than sending out.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post

This. Thanks Axel.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                        This. Thanks Axel.
                        Great, thanks Joey.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                          Great, thanks Joey.
                          Guess I'm Rodney Dangerfield.

Comment

• axel and i had a really tough match up this week. i need whoever has axel next week to stop his momentum. i can feel my team turning a corner but i can't have the competition for the last playoff spot.

#playoffshereicome

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                              axel and i had a really tough match up this week. i need whoever has axel next week to stop his momentum. i can feel my team turning a corner but i can't have the competition for the last playoff spot.

#playoffshereicome
                              Momentum? I lost to Dan last week.

My team actually showed up this week after some really bad games from my best players last week.

Comment

• mcHAPPY ownership are starting to wonder if front office personnel have an addiction to trading and if a stay in 4.5 star wellness centre is long overdue.

In the latest trade, mcHAPPY sends Capela and cap filler (Nelson and Barnes) to DanH for stat sheet stuffing Michael Carter Williams and $10 waiver money.

MCW returns to where it all began in RR Dynasty and he enjoyed his ROY season. Since that time he has greatly improved his fg% and lowered his TOs.

Giving up Capela was a difficult decision and rumours are swirling that people in the scouting department are furious. As one disgruntled staffer put it, "Nobody likes to put the work into finding a diamond in the rough only to see it passed like a kidney stone."

Comment

Working...
                                X