This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    If lonzo is the only one able to play in the NBA, and he is getting his other two kids enough money that they don't have to leech off of their brother like a Wiggins boy, then good on him. Do what you can with what you got.
    In my opinion integrity is everything and if LaVar wants to try to make it on lies and intimidation, one day he will have nothing.

Comment

I've seen some people in ottawa wearing the bbb. When lonzo explodes bbb will be fine. We praise Freddy for betting on himself. Lavar is just betting on lonzo.

He is grating, but ignore it. Same as trump. The noise pollution is just entertainment. Some people eat it up, others can't stand it.
      Who is Freddy?

Lonzo will never explode enough to make BBB more than an obscure niche. Certainly not enough to supplant the career earnings for Lavar and one or two sons (LaMelo is too young to really grade I think). To make BBB work, they would need to bring in other athletes and do you really think any real talent is going to risk their earning potential to the likes of Lavar Ball? Even if they get all the fringe talent (late 1st and 2nd rounders) that isn't going to make a huge dent in the market.

Do you remember And1? Do you consider them a big time player? They make $140 M in annual revenue yet are nearly completely invisible at the NBA level now. Do you really think BBB can really make a dent?
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
        Who is Freddy?

Lonzo will never explode enough to make BBB more than an obscure niche. Certainly not enough to supplant the career earnings for Lavar and one or two sons (LaMelo is too young to really grade I think). To make BBB work, they would need to bring in other athletes and do you really think any real talent is going to risk their earning potential to the likes of Lavar Ball? Even if they get all the fringe talent (late 1st and 2nd rounders) that isn't going to make a huge dent in the market.

Do you remember And1? Do you consider them a big time player? They make $140 M in annual revenue yet are nearly completely invisible at the NBA level now. Do you really think BBB can really make a dent?
        Fred van vleet.

Who was the biggest guy and1 signed to a shoe deal? I only remember them from mix tapes.

Lonzo has 10 7 7 as the most hyped, and targeted rookie. He is going to be huge. It is going to be Simmons vs ball for a decade

Comment

Fred van vleet.

Who was the biggest guy and1 signed to a shoe deal? I only remember them from mix tapes.

Lonzo has 10 7 7 as the most hyped, and targeted rookie. He is going to be huge. It is going to be Simmons vs ball for a decade
          Iverson was And1 for sure... can't remember who else.

Comment

• Miek buying into the Lonzo hype - or should I say Lavar spewing more hot trash about his son!?

In other news, John Wall should be back tonight to give my team a needed boost. Gotta take advantage of the next 4 days and hope Russ takes some more days off.

Comment

Fred van vleet.

Freddy is a 2nd rounder over-performing looking for a contract within a NBA system that almost guarantees he will get something better.

And1:

"In mid of 1996, NBA star Stephon Marbury became the first spokesman for AND1. With Marbury’s signing, AND1 launched its first pair of basketball sneakers, officially expanding the brand into the footwear category. Marbury was named to the All-Rookie Team in ‘97."

"Beginning with the Marbury signing and the Rafer Alston discovery two years later, AND1 began to recruit more and more NBA players to wear their product, a major power play in competing with the bigger brands, such as Nike and Adidas. Players like Latrell Sprewell, Kevin Garnett and Jamal Crawford brought AND1 into the national spotlight and helped them secure shelf space in major footwear retailers, such as Foot Locker and FootAction. By the 2001 season, AND1 was second only to Nike in market share among NBA endorsees, a big part of them soon becoming the second largest basketball brand in the United States, only eight years after their inception.[3]

AND1 is famous for the shoe known as the Tai Chi, famously worn by Vince Carter during the 2000 Slam Dunk Contest, where he put on one of the greatest NBA Slam Dunk Contest showings of all time."

"One of the most prominent appearances of AND1’s sneakers, aside from Vince’s dunk contest, was when Detroit Piston Chauncy Billups took home the MVP honors during the 2004 NBA Finals, wearing the AND1 Rise’s. The mid-top sneakers’ clean and aggressive look matched “Mr. Big Shot” Billups’ game perfectly. In the Rises, Billups would average 21 points and 5 rebounds in the series, leading the Pistons to their first championship in 14 years and picking up the MVP award in the process."

But yeah, Lonzo "Air" Ball is going to be bigger. <-- SARCASM

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                Iverson was And1 for sure... can't remember who else.
                Wasn't former Raptors alumni Rafer Alston an And 1 guy?

Comment

• Swear I had an Iverson And1 shirt in my early 20's lol... guess it was a Reebok?! I did have some black And1's that my buddy's dog pissed in more than once. I don't think he like Starbury.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                    Swear I had an Iverson And1 shirt in my early 20's lol... guess it was a Reebok?! I did have some black And1's that my buddy's dog pissed in more than once. I don't think he like Starbury.
                    I loved my pair of And1s back when I was a teenager. Super comfy for hoops.

Iverson was Reebok.

Comment

• You have to think that LiAngelo's odds would have been better had he opted for college and entered the draft as a junior or senior.

Comment

I loved my pair of And1s back when I was a teenager. Super comfy for hoops.

Iverson was Reebok.
                        Yep. Mack is a caught in the "Mandela Effect".

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                          You have to think that LiAngelo's odds would have been better had he opted for college and entered the draft as a junior or senior.
                          Or played defence.

Comment

Or played defence.
                            Yeah, that may have come with playing in a strong college program instead of some crap league in the middle of Europe or going all James Harden on children...

Comment

CJ McCollum scores 42 points on 64% FG%. Tobias Harris scores 27 points on 63% FG%. Dario puts up 26 & 14 on 47% FG%.
                              My opponent in my money league title finals has those same three players.

Meanwhile, six of my guys have been out this week (Bam, Len, Rondo, Clint, Harkless, Lonzo). So I'm looking at runner-up money.
                              RR OG

Comment

• The reason AND1 are irrelevant in the NBA is because they are sold in Walmart. They're a low quality product.
                                RR OG

Comment

Working...
                                X