Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ya for me it was just how they completely mishandled Tulo, Donaldson and Martin etc.
    We gave them away for less than a bag of chips, while still eating most of their contracts - how do you manage that?!

    And now they are now mishandling Guerrero and not calling him up even though he is by far the most play ready prospect.

    Terrible management.

    Comment


    • Well, they are on an every 20 year go for it cycle, so were looking at 18 more years of shit.

      Comment


      • Like we were quite literally an Ace Pitcher away from being serious World Series contenders, and Shapiro pulls the plug to "build the right way"? Fucking ridiculous. Can't even imagine how many fans that came at the height of the Jays success have completely quit on them already.

        Comment


        • Joey wrote: View Post
          Like we were quite literally an Ace Pitcher away from being serious World Series contenders, and Shapiro pulls the plug to "build the right way"? Fucking ridiculous. Can't even imagine how many fans that came at the height of the Jays success have completely quit on them already.
          I'll bet Masai could step and do a better job - while running the Raps.
          "Stop eating your sushi."
          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
          - Jack Armstrong

          Comment


          • Joey wrote: View Post
            Ya for me it was just how they completely mishandled Tulo, Donaldson and Martin etc.
            We gave them away for less than a bag of chips, while still eating most of their contracts - how do you manage that?!

            And now they are now mishandling Guerrero and not calling him up even though he is by far the most play ready prospect.

            Terrible management.
            No, you had: EE, Bautista, Tulo, Martin, Donaldson and.... they got nothing for them. Well, they did get one more year of playoffs and that sweet, sweet extra money but paid a heavy price.

            Comment


            • Superjudge wrote: View Post
              Well, he's a piece of garbage and did nothing for 3 years and got paid large.
              Shoots his mouth off afterwards....

              Tim and Sid got at im though. Taken care of.

              I always hated that guy, thought him overrate and passed his best. Glad he's gonel and he won't be anything more than average at best moving on.
              Tulo will get cut by the Yanks by the end of spring training.

              His body is pretty busted up. I feel bad for him but such is the nature of pro sports...and what he says is emotional rather than rational as no one ever wants to leave the game.. Its all they know... be it baseball basketball football or hockey.

              Even though I hate those two smug fucks Atkins and Shapiro ...they are right to move on from Troy...Jays are on a full on rebuild and Tulo doesn't fit the timeline and won't add much as the veteran voice so they made a good call to move on..... Tulo may well have been picked up by the Yanks.. but he just doesn't have enough left in the tank to justify taking up a major league roster spot.
              Last edited by Demographic Shift; Fri Mar 1st, 2019, 12:33 PM.

              Comment


              • Joey wrote: View Post
                Like we were quite literally an Ace Pitcher away from being serious World Series contenders, and Shapiro pulls the plug to "build the right way"? Fucking ridiculous. Can't even imagine how many fans that came at the height of the Jays success have completely quit on them already.
                We got Clay Bucholtz man !..
                Sarcasm aside... its going to be a long year in the Skydome...

                2021 spring training is going to be time for hope and fun...
                Postion players will be Vlady Jr... Bichette.. Guriel ... Grichuck .. maybe Rowdy Telez.. Drury and McKinney.. and for sure Jansen behind the plate...

                they will have lots of rogers money to spend by then to add some impact FA's

                Stro will be gone by then as he has worn out his welcome .. but hoping that Sanchez and the fireballer Nate Pearson will be 1 and 2 in the rotation along with junk throwers Borucki and Pannone and Ried-Foley to give them a good rotation....

                Still... lots of beer is going to be drunk this summer as the Jays are going to be 4th in the AL east with only the woeful Orioles behing them...

                Patience is the buzzword going forward.

                Comment


                • The madmen traded Pillar?! For nothing?! Unbelievable. It's the end of times.

                  Comment


                  • Joey wrote: View Post
                    The madmen traded Pillar?! For nothing?! Unbelievable. It's the end of times.
                    Meh, I think it was a fair return for an average 30-year-old player with a flair for the dramatics from time to time. He's on the decline and we're clearly in a rebuild. The prospect was the key to the deal. I'm OK with the move. Alford's time to shine now anyways.

                    Comment


                    • So Mondays announced crowd at the dome was 10,460. That's the announced crowd. Actual bums in seats was around 6,500.

                      Looks like the fans aren't as enthused about the 2 year waiting period till the Jays are relevant again as the Shatbot thought.

                      Its early .. the Raps and Leafs own the sports airwaves as the playoffs approach.... but man o man... Tickets could be cheap come the summer.





                      Comment


                      • Twitter for the win

                        Comment


                        • I think Smoakie is also gone.... The Shatbot is doing what he was hired to do...

                          A) Build an el primo farm system for a steady and deep supply of low cost controllable talent
                          B) When your close... buy free agents to put you in the mix.

                          Its a defendable strategy... but it sucks right now as the Jays are going to be horrible for a couple of seasons.....

                          rocwell wrote: View Post
                          Twitter for the win

                          Comment


                          • Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                            I think Smoakie is also gone.... The Shatbot is doing what he was hired to do...

                            A) Build an el primo farm system for a steady and deep supply of low cost controllable talent
                            B) When your close... buy free agents to put you in the mix.

                            Its a defendable strategy... but it sucks right now as the Jays are going to be horrible for a couple of seasons.....


                            This issue I have with this, is we were already at the "when you're close, buy free agents to put you in the mix" and Shap-eye-ro went and signed Morales (who we traded for nothing) instead of actually opening the piggy bank and bringing back EE, plus others. Had we done that, we would have been right back in the ALCS - instead, the regression from that year justified the full tear down we are seeing now. If I didn't know any better, I'd guess that Rogers not only tightened the purse strings, but full out sealed them shut. The only reasoning I can see for this.
                            Last edited by Joey; Fri Apr 5th, 2019, 03:41 PM.

                            Comment


                            • Joey wrote: View Post

                              This issue I have with this, is we were already at the "when you're close, buy free agents to put you in the mix" and Shap-eye-ro went and signed Morales (who we traded for nothing) instead of actually opening the piggy bank and bringing back EE, plus others. Had we done that, we would have been right back in the ALCS - instead, the regression from that year justified the full tear down we are seeing now. If I didn't know any better, I'd guess that Rogers not only tightened the purse strings, but full out sealed them shut. The only reasoning I can see for this.
                              I just hate they will suck....
                              Those playoff runs with Joey Bats... EE.... JD.... Russ.... Marco/Buhele/Sanchez and Price on the mound...... were just magic...
                              The Bat Flip is still one of the top 3 moments in ALL of TO Sports...long live you Joey Bats !!

                              BTW.. I don't begrudge you being a liberal... but this year for your conscience .. maybe put the election sign up.... in the back yard

                              Comment


                              • 57094456_10156505624653772_8087962260669988864_o.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent.fyto1-1.fna&oh=20cb3be665fea6e5e3fe25652711b96d&oe=5D4B3A20.jpg

                                Reading between the lines: "Shapiro can suck it."

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X