X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post

Hell yeah! What a fun spectacle. Apparently Nate Robinson of NBA quasi-fame is fighting some YouTube guy I;ve never heard of (Jake Paul? Whoever he is) on the undercard? Sounds like it will be crazy.

Do fight fans on here think it will break 1 million PPV buys? 2 million?
    I've read those YouTube cards actually sold pretty well, so if they've got one of those guys (no idea if he's the important one or not), and no idea if they're any good, but might be able to sell this one into the million-ish for sure.

As for who do I got? Tyson is apparently the early betting favourite, but I think Roy Jones will still have some of that bounce in his step to dance around the older Tyson. My heart wants Tyson to win, but I'm taking Jones.
    Last edited by Joey; Thu Jul 23, 2020, 06:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    Joey wrote: View Post
    Tyson vs Roy Jones?! I don't care that they're like 60 .. will definitely still watch this.
    Hell yeah! What a fun spectacle. Apparently Nate Robinson of NBA quasi-fame is fighting some YouTube guy I;ve never heard of (Jake Paul? Whoever he is) on the undercard? Sounds like it will be crazy.

Do fight fans on here think it will break 1 million PPV buys? 2 million?

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    Tyson vs Roy Jones?! I don't care that they're like 60 .. will definitely still watch this.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    This video is absolutely bananas. Canelo is so good:

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    Wilder is blaming ... wait for it ... waaaait for it ... HIS PRE-FIGHT COSTUME/ARMOR ... Yep ... said it was like 40lbs, and thus, he had no legs by the 3rd round ... yep ... man, right when I was ready to be a Wilder fan. Lol

https://sports.yahoo.com/deontay-wil...215534451.html

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied

Ya, I think all of those 3 need to fight each other. It's only right for the fans.
    I think one thing that people may be forgetting is that Joshua is naturally a much bigger fighter than Wilder. Wilder weighed his heaviest, coming in at 230. Joshua fought Tacam at 250lbs, and was still shredded. And he fights alot better on his heels than Wilder as well. Should be a great fight. Hopefully Wilder doesn't pick up his rematch clause. Lol

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post
    Obviously, Fury vs Joshua is now "the fight". But I still want to see Wilder vs Joshua.
    Ya, I think all of those 3 need to fight each other. It's only right for the fans.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Obviously, Fury vs Joshua is now "the fight". But I still want to see Wilder vs Joshua.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post
    How Wilder even got up in the third round is inexplicable let alone fight for four more rounds.

Anyway, I want Fury-Joshua at Wembley Stadium for all the belts. Then the trilogy fight. Bring back big time boxing.
    AJ was selling 90,000 tickets while fighting bums ... imagine what him and Fury does? Will definitely break box office records I think. Can't wait. AJ and Hearn are already calling for the fight to happen.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    How Wilder even got up in the third round is inexplicable let alone fight for four more rounds.

Anyway, I want Fury-Joshua at Wembley Stadium for all the belts. Then the trilogy fight. Bring back big time boxing.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied

Man leave me alone.
    Hahaha, hey man, like I said, Deontay gained a fan last night in his defeat. As soon as I saw his ear bleeding, I knew it was over ... and it basically was, but fucking Wilder hung around for another 3 god damn rounds just taking punch after punch. His corner did the right thing. He'll get his rematch, and we'll see how much the ear injury truly impacted his performance. I had him losing up until the ear shot, but never know with Wilder. Even when was wobblin' around in there, I was still worried he'd land just a single impact blow and take Fury out of his boots.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied

I wonder what these look like after tonight?
    Man leave me alone.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    The TOP heavyweight in the division! Fury who? Joshua who?

I wonder what these look like after tonight?

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    Should be a good show watching a fully prepped Fury beat the hell out of Wilder for 12 rounds.
    And here I thought it would go a full 12 rounds. Fury looked fantastic. Those last 3 rounds were like watching Fury hitting a punching bag. But Wilder was ready to die in there, and he was full class in the post fight interview. Gained my respect tonight.

But ya, like I said, a fully invested Tyson Fury is a dangerous man. I also think AJ puts up more of a fight than Wilder did tonight, not sure he has enough to beat this Fury.
    Last edited by Joey; Sun Feb 23, 2020, 05:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Mack North
    replied
    Joshua is scared of Fury right now, but likely has to fight Wilder first. *Jeopardy theme song*

Leave a comment:

Working...
X