TV Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slaw wrote: View Post
    The start was terrific. The Glenn stuff is almost like a running gag at this point. Really thought some of the stuff didn't have the emotional kick it might have had this been the mid-year finale where you had just watched a string of episodes. I thought this season was really stumbling around after the first couple of episodes, so, hopefully this gets it back on track and we don't have 5 hours of filler coming until the finale.
    I think they're intentionally building up to something and using Glen as a tool for that; messing with the comic readers along the way. I think they're planning a surprise, one that will catch the readers off guard. They do this a lot actually... Have you read the comics at all?

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
      Is that the show about pirates?
      Yep! Pirates of the Caribbean ruined Pirates .. this is making them bad ass again.
      Nitty, gritty, ugly, swashbuckling action. Basically the Game of Thrones for Pirates. Top-3 show on TV right now.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
        vikings is back. stupid rolo
        Ya I'm still trying to figure that out ... what the hell man?! Lol Amazing episode though.

And the whole thing with Kalf, Einar and Lagertha was SICK. Very satisfying.
        Last edited by Joey; Fri Feb 19, 2016, 02:34 PM.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
          I think they're intentionally building up to something and using Glen as a tool for that; messing with the comic readers along the way. I think they're planning a surprise, one that will catch the readers off guard. They do this a lot actually... Have you read the comics at all?
          No, but I have read what happens to Glenn. One of the other characters has his own show in development with AMC, so it wouldn't surprise me that it was that character that got the bat, so to speak. It would also instantly make that villain the most despised character on TV, which is, I suspect, something the show would love to be able use going into it's seventh season - it is getting a little long in the tooth.

Comment

• It won't be hard to hate Negan. Darryl is on borrowed time, I agree. They're not even really using him much anymore.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
              Ya I'm still trying to figure that out ... what the hell man?! Lol Amazing episode though.

And the whole thing with Kalf, Einar and Lagertha was SICK. Very satisfying.
              i kind of got the feeling that they are getting ready to let ragnar go. his sons all become famous raiders. the opening scene with him and valhala. i think the actor who plays ragnar is in the upcoming warcraft movie also.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                It won't be hard to hate Negan. Darryl is on borrowed time, I agree. They're not even really using him much anymore.
                his arch was mostly just realizing that he is one of the group. then he and carol kind of had a phase but terminus killed it and they never went back. only thing they did was have him kind of go back to how he was with the group of guys in season 4 that rick ate.

all the glen teases are red herrings because everyone expects him to die with negan so they teased his death. but they will switch it to darryl.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                  all the glen teases are red herrings because everyone expects him to die with negan so they teased his death. but they will switch it to darryl.
                  Or... maybe that's what they want you to think??????????

Comment

• Thoroughly enjoyed last night's TWD. Liking this Jesus dude so far. Two decent episodes in a row?

Comment

• Just watched TWD and wow, Rick is the man. Good game, sir.

Jesus is an interesting character. You'll continue to like him.

Comment

• Take your spoilers to the Walking Dead thread. :P Hahah

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                          Take your spoilers to the Walking Dead thread. :P Hahah
                          they all die

Comment

• Yeah, it was this guy who came out of a vault with a blue and yellow jumpsuit. He said he was looking for his son but then opted to spend 100 hours building a very boss base instead.

Comment

• Anyone watching Better Call Saul?

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                Anyone watching Better Call Saul?
                                Yeah, it's pretty good. Unfortunately it's so similar to Breaking Bad in terms of style and scenery that I keep waiting for shit to happen that is (probably) never going to happen. I know on a conscious level it's not supposed to be that kind of show but on a subconscious level not so much.

That said, who knows what they have planned in store. They could go any number of routes to bring us up to S1 of BB.

Comment

Working...
                                X