TV Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
    Yeah, it's pretty good. Unfortunately it's so similar to Breaking Bad in terms of style and scenery that I keep waiting for shit to happen that is (probably) never going to happen. I know on a conscious level it's not supposed to be that kind of show but on a subconscious level not so much.

That said, who knows what they have planned in store. They could go any number of routes to bring us up to S1 of BB.
    Yeah the style is super similar I feel like even if there were no returning characters it would still remind you of Breaking Bad. Im kinda happy that so far (only watched season 1) the shit that happens isn't as crazy as Breaking Bad. If the plot was like that it'd be way too similar.
    Anyway i think the show is awesome.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
      Yeah, it's pretty good. Unfortunately it's so similar to Breaking Bad in terms of style and scenery that I keep waiting for shit to happen that is (probably) never going to happen. I know on a conscious level it's not supposed to be that kind of show but on a subconscious level not so much.

That said, who knows what they have planned in store. They could go any number of routes to bring us up to S1 of BB.
      ogi wrote: View Post
      Yeah the style is super similar I feel like even if there were no returning characters it would still remind you of Breaking Bad. Im kinda happy that so far (only watched season 1) the shit that happens isn't as crazy as Breaking Bad. If the plot was like that it'd be way too similar.
      Anyway i think the show is awesome.
      Ya, I'm enjoying it so far, but admit that they're REALLY taking their time building the story. But Odenkirk is killing it as a lead actor.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
        Ya, I'm enjoying it so far, but admit that they're REALLY taking their time building the story. But Odenkirk is killing it as a lead actor.
        I thought the first season was pretty good and have watched the first 2 episodes. Odenkirk is too good/funny and so is his brother with the radiation issues. If ever I need a lawyer.........he'd be the one.. haha.

Comment

• I think this show has been mentioned briefly, but I'm going to bring it up again.

Mr. Robot. If you haven't seen it, watch it. Amazing show.

Comment

• Four episodes into the new season of House of Cards. Very entertaining start.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
              Four episodes into the new season of House of Cards. Very entertaining start.
              Pretty good. I'm near the end. The episodes directed by Robin Wright are very strong.
              "Stop eating your sushi."
              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Shit is hitting the fan fast and furious. I'm really looking forward to getting through a couple more episodes tonight. I finished up episode four last night at around 1am and considered going another round even though I had to be up 6:30 this morning. LOL

Comment

• we are literally weeks away from a new season of archer and the wait is figuratively killing me.

looks like it is going to be great

Comment

• Finished up "House of Cards". I don't know, I think they're getting close to the end now, if they're wise that is. They're probably not wise and will come back to the well until it's dry. This show is getting a little ridiculous now though.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                      we are literally weeks away from a new season of archer and the wait is figuratively killing me.

looks like it is going to be great
                      The "M" as in "Mancy" bomb-diffusing scene is still one of the funniest things I have ever seen on tv. I fell off the couch I was laughing so hard.

Comment

• I'm three episodes into Daredevil S2 right now, and Jon Bernthal is brilliant as Punisher.
                        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                          I'm three episodes into Daredevil S2 right now, and Jon Bernthal is brilliant as Punisher.
                          Oh shit, didn't know it already came out. Thanks!

Comment

I'm three episodes into Daredevil S2 right now, and Jon Bernthal is brilliant as Punisher.
                            2 episodes in... the action is so awesome, but man the writing has turned to shit. Really hope it gets better.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                              2 episodes in... the action is so awesome, but man the writing has turned to shit. Really hope it gets better.
                              yeah it has been good. bernthal has been almost as good as lundgren.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                                yeah it has been good. bernthal has been almost as good as lundgren.
                                Wife leaving for a few weeks on Monday, so we're binging it. 8 episodes in now. Episode 4 wrecked me, as a father, though.
                                twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Working...
                                X