TV Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post

That was probably my favourite show at one point, but I couldn't get into the latest Seasons. Losing Ragnar was a huge hit to that show. I still want to finish it, but have less desire to than I might have if we got to keep Ragnar a little bit longer, and if they didn't do that time jump so quickly.
    It took a little while to get used to it but I think it's just as good now as when the story was about Ragnar. It might be worth giving it another go.

Comment

• I assume Ragnar was beamed up to the Death Star by Scotty. Thanks, guys. Spoiler Alert!

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
        I assume Ragnar was beamed up to the Death Star by Scotty. Thanks, guys. Spoiler Alert!
        lol, the power of the force is infinitesimal next to the power of the power of a hollywood paycheck.

Comment

I assume Ragnar was beamed up to the Death Star by Scotty. Thanks, guys. Spoiler Alert!
          I see you've heard nothing about the Vikings In Space spinoff.

Comment

• Not sure if anyone is a fan of Ricky Gervais or not. He did the Office show in the UK before it became a show in the US. Anyway he has a podcast that was turned into an animated show called "The Ricky Gervais show". Essentially he and his friend (Stephen Merchant - also a creator of the Office) basically discuss topics with their friend Karl. Well Karl is let me just say an interesting guy.. and the show is hilarious.

Wife and I marathoned a couple of the seasons. We were busting up through most of it.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
              Not sure if anyone is a fan of Ricky Gervais or not. He did the Office show in the UK before it became a show in the US. Anyway he has a podcast that was turned into an animated show called "The Ricky Gervais show". Essentially he and his friend (Stephen Merchant - also a creator of the Office) basically discuss topics with their friend Karl. Well Karl is let me just say an interesting guy.. and the show is hilarious.

Wife and I marathoned a couple of the seasons. We were busting up through most of it.
              Karl had a show years ago, An Idiot Abroad. You might be interested in that, I found it quite amusing. I think I might have skimmed across it recently on Netflix actually.

Comment

Karl had a show years ago, An Idiot Abroad. You might be interested in that, I found it quite amusing. I think I might have skimmed across it recently on Netflix actually.
                Yeah after watching the Ricky Gervais show we wanted to try that. It's pretty funny. Felt really bad for the guy though. Ricky really made his life as difficult as possible.

Comment

• Was anyone else really confused when watching Witcher? It clears up after watching the 3rd or 4th episode, but the confusion made me want to drop it. The guys writing it I think wanted to be clever but in a fantasy like that, it really messes you up.

Not sure if I'm up for a season two just yet. An okay show, but I've seen a lot better. The main actress is pretty hot though.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                    Was anyone else really confused when watching Witcher? It clears up after watching the 3rd or 4th episode, but the confusion made me want to drop it. The guys writing it I think wanted to be clever but in a fantasy like that, it really messes you up.

Not sure if I'm up for a season two just yet. An okay show, but I've seen a lot better. The main actress is pretty hot though.
                    The different timelines? Ya, I actually went in knowing they were a little fucky, so it didn't mess me up as much as it might others. I thought it was poorly handled, but at the end of the day, it worked itself out, so I'm ok with it.

Comment

• Started watching the the Stephen King series Mr. Mercedes. I love King, my wife loves crime-thrillers (it's basically about hunting down a serial killer), it stars Brendan Gleeson as the retired homicide detective, and it has very good reviews - ticks a lot of boxes for me. Just crazy a show of this calibre is virtually unknown outside hardcore SK fans - like, who the heck has the 'Audience' network?

Comment

• LOL....

Bringing Sandra Bullock on stage to announce the final award, Gervais said, ’Our next presenter starred in Netflix’s ‘Bird Box,’ a movie where people survive by acting like they don’t see a thing. Sort of like working for Harvey Weinstein.’ After the crowd erupted in boos, Gervais replied, ‘You did it! I didn’t, you did it!’”

Comment

• Big fan of Gervais.. hate award shows though and don't have basic cable. But I'll look for a video when I get a chance just so I can hear his jabs.

Comment

• I need to watch this. I love it when those preachy, experts of everything, holier than thou Hollywood hypocrites get called out.

Comment

• So I finally finished the final episode of Witcher. Witcher 3 (the video game) is much better in my opinion. The way they opted to tell the story by jumping back and forth past to present was very poorly executed. It was like they were trying to tell the story in the same means as Westworld but they didn't know how to do it, like they were forcing the issue and trying to be clever. I hope they fix this in season two. The Witcher is primarily Geralt's story and everyone else is supporting cast. Just tell his story guys and if you want to do some character development I don't know, wild idea, utilize flashbacks or date subtitles? Still, with that in mind, its a good show. It just needs a little work.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                                So I finally finished the final episode of Witcher. Witcher 3 (the video game) is much better in my opinion. The way they opted to tell the story by jumping back and forth past to present was very poorly executed. It was like they were trying to tell the story in the same means as Westworld but they didn't know how to do it, like they were forcing the issue and trying to be clever. I hope they fix this in season two. The Witcher is primarily Geralt's story and everyone else is supporting cast. Just tell his story guys and if you want to do some character development I don't know, wild idea, utilize flashbacks or date subtitles? Still, with that in mind, its a good show. It just needs a little work.
                                I saw about 10 minutes of the first episode and fell asleep. Geralt casted mind control and told me not to watch this show.

Comment

Working...
                                X