No announcement yet.

Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN has an article up about a doomsday provision that they have in their contracts with players:
    https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...n-memo-players

Essentially they have a provision already there that in the case of some event that could cancel an entire season, the owners would not have to pay back the players what they are still owed.

For the players sake, let's hope it doesn't come to that.. but the owners have covered their asses.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      ESPN has an article up about a doomsday provision that they have in their contracts with players:
      https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...n-memo-players

Essentially they have a provision already there that in the case of some event that could cancel an entire season, the owners would not have to pay back the players what they are still owed.

For the players sake, let's hope it doesn't come to that.. but the owners have covered their asses.
      It’s a fair deal. The owners and players split basketball revenues... close to 50-50. It’s basically a partnership, except the players assume zero capital investment risk or business liability risk. It’s only degrees of upside for them. If there are no basketball revenues, then it makes perfect sense that both sides should bear the brunt. Also keep in mind that the players can still get all of their endorsement money which, in the case of elite players, can outweigh their salaries. All in all, the players have a fantastic business arrangement.... absolutely fantastic. No need to feel sorry for them.

Comment

• Kyle Lowry on becoming a champion.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000465150067
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
          Kyle: Vince should be the first jersey up there.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

Kyle: Vince should be the first jersey up there.
            Today's players are yesterday's fanboys, no surprise. Vince didn't quit on Kyle lol

Comment

• How did we miss this?

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                How did we miss this?

I saw it. It was on the news here. Kinda ridiculous ....maybe needed more today for some levity

Comment

• Happy birthday to the goat who turns 34 today. Shame he was robbed of an exciting playoff run this year. His window is closing but he was having a fantastic all star campaign
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    Happy birthday to the goat who turns 34 today. Shame he was robbed of an exciting playoff run this year. His window is closing but he was having a fantastic all star campaign
                    The Great One posted a fantastic podcast interview with Kyle the other day on Vince carter's podcast, in which Kyle was talking about how he believes players can now push their bodies so much further than ever before... He was talking about the lengths he goes to take care of himself. He sleeps in a hyperbaric chamber for one thing, and was referencing how players like Lebron, Chris Paul... Tom Brady, are looking to redefine what an athlete's timelines might be. I'm cautiously hopeful that Kyle's got more left in the tank than any of us might imagine. Yes, he plays a tough game, and that's gonna take its toll. He also plays one of the smartest games I've ever seen, and has more heart than anybody... and I'm hopeful that'll keep him going for a while yet.

Definitely disappointing to see this time wasted though while he's really still in the prime of his abilities.

What an unbelievable gift this guy has been to the Raptors faithful. We'll never be able to thank him enough.

Here's wishing him many unexpected gifts today - and in the days and weeks ahead.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KYLE

YOU DA REAL MVP.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

The Great One posted a fantastic podcast interview with Kyle the other day on Vince carter's podcast, in which Kyle was talking about how he believes players can now push their bodies so much further than ever before... He was talking about the lengths he goes to take care of himself. He sleeps in a hyperbaric chamber for one thing, and was referencing how players like Lebron, Chris Paul... Tom Brady, are looking to redefine what an athlete's timelines might be. I'm cautiously hopeful that Kyle's got more left in the tank than any of us might imagine. Yes, he plays a tough game, and that's gonna take its toll. He also plays one of the smartest games I've ever seen, and has more heart than anybody... and I'm hopeful that'll keep him going for a while yet.
                      Thanks for reminding me about that podcast. I forgot to listen to it.

Comment

• Alvin Williams, JYD, Matt Bonner were on Sportsnet the other night talkin about who the greatest Raps of all time is.

JYD says Vince is the GROAT.

Bonner says Kawhi is the best, Vince is the most talented but Lowry is the greatest.

Alvin Williams who's Lowry's mentor says Vince is the GROAT.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

Alvin Williams, JYD, Matt Bonner were on Sportsnet the other night talkin about who the greatest Raps of all time is.

JYD says Vince is the GROAT.

Bonner says Kawhi is the best, Vince is the most talented but Lowry is the greatest.

Alvin Williams who's Lowry's mentor says Vince is the GROAT.
                          Bonner has the perfect answer

Comment

• Golden State Warriors minority owner Mark Stevens has reportedly tried to personally apologize to Kyle Lowry for shoving the Toronto Raptors point guard during the fourth quarter of Game 3 of last year’s NBA Finals, according to Tim Kawakami of The Athletic.

Kawakami reports that Stevens — who received a one-year ban and $500,000 fine for his actions, and is set to return to “full, active status as a Warriors stakeholder” soon — has personally tried to apologize to Lowry “many times,” but hasn’t heard back from the NBA veteran. Stevens says he reached out to several members of the Raptors organization to apologize as well, according to The Athletic.
                            https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...-lowry/sn-amp/

I mean if I'm Kyle I'm not giving this guy another moment of my energy either.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

Maybe try and fix the whole situation of your shit head rent a cop suing our president and fellow member of the NBA fraternity, if you want some respect back.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

Meh....that first "incident" was a non issue imo. At least over blown. Masai issue was idiotic on cops part but not as clear as it seemed imo. Covered enough on here already.

Comment

Working...
                                X