X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GLF
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post

Raptor fans have never liked a coach in the history of the franchise, we're not about to start now damnit
    You gotta admit Nurse is doing some really obviously foolish things though. Especially with the lineup and the role certain players are given. He's definitely no where as bad as we act in the heat of the moment at times but this all bench unit, not using Marc enough in the high post (you would swear they've never watched film of him in Memphis before trading for him) and giving guys who cannot run a team way too much freedom isn't some really questionable decision making? And it's cost us a few games down the stretch here that we should have won. I'm just praying us being 100% healthy and getting rid of this all bench unit once playoffs come around will be all we need to get to the finals. I hope our talent wins out and cancels out any of Nurse's bad decision making. But that's all wishful thinking at this point.

Leave a comment:

• GLF
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post

https://stats.nba.com/teams/traditio...ost%20All-Star

Ranked 1st in the league in 3PT% since the break. 9th in attempts.
    Damn. That's a big improvement. The thing that's sad is we thought if Raps started shooting the ball better it would be over for the league lol. Looks like that's not the case. We are shooting the ball considerably better but playing worse than we were earlier in the season to some extent. Our defence must have fallen off a lot after the All Star break. I know JV going down for a considerable amount of time hurt our defence as well.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post

You're not going to find that here ..... it's dump-on-Nurse day, every day. Note the post on here earlier that said every contributor on RR could coach this team to no worse or a better record .... a 2nd place team in the entire NBA with all the injuries and trades and load management they've had.

And not one single person bothered to disagree.... that's the problem with the current hot takes after every loss. Poster here actually think they know better than an experienced Assistant or Coach that has made his way to the friggin' NBA over thousands of professional hopefuls

Armchair coaches making eye test ploclammations are actually pretty hillarious. The odds of the Raps making the NBA finals are X% and the odds of winning the NBA finlas are considerably less. But at least were all ready to blame the coach who's doing pretty damned well with the odds stacked against him.....jmo
    Raptor fans have never liked a coach in the history of the franchise, we're not about to start now damnit

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    It's easy to forget this team has the second best record in the NBA. Second best. Given all of the injuries, load management, and roster turnover, this is a miracle. And Nurse deserves more than a little credit for it.
    You're not going to find that here ..... it's dump-on-Nurse day, every day. Note the post on here earlier that said every contributor on RR could coach this team to no worse or a better record .... a 2nd place team in the entire NBA with all the injuries and trades and load management they've had.

And not one single person bothered to disagree.... that's the problem with the current hot takes after every loss. Poster here actually think they know better than an experienced Assistant or Coach that has made his way to the friggin' NBA over thousands of professional hopefuls

Armchair coaches making eye test ploclammations are actually pretty hillarious. The odds of the Raps making the NBA finals are X% and the odds of winning the NBA finlas are considerably less. But at least were all ready to blame the coach who's doing pretty damned well with the odds stacked against him.....jmo

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post

If u only check RR for perspective, raptors are awful and players cant shoot or even dribble and chew gum at the same time
    That's because we scared off all the old RR posters who used to say "....we'll be fine in the playoffs, just check our regular season record." So here we are... totally confused.
    Last edited by golden; Mon Mar 18, 2019, 03:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post

damn...I had to check the standings.
    If u only check RR for perspective, raptors are awful and players cant shoot or even dribble and chew gum at the same time

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    It's easy to forget this team has the second best record in the NBA. Second best. Given all of the injuries, load management, and roster turnover, this is a miracle. And Nurse deserves more than a little credit for it.
    damn...I had to check the standings.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Also factor in games missed by Kawhi, Lowry, valanciunas, Ibaka, vanvleet..only a handful of teams have had as many games missed by players of that importance

Have we had our best 10 players all dressed in the same game even once this year? Knock on wood that we're almost there..

edit: I glazed over your post and didn't realize you already mentioned missed games
    Last edited by KeonClark; Mon Mar 18, 2019, 01:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JimiCliff
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    A.I wrote: View Post

Not sure about the rank, but I assume its pretty high.

Post all star break Raptors are making 14 3s a game, attempting 35.1, thats 39.9%.

Before the break, they were making 11.5 3s a game and attempting 33.3, which was 34.5%.
    https://stats.nba.com/teams/traditio...ost%20All-Star

Ranked 1st in the league in 3PT% since the break. 9th in attempts.

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied
    GLF wrote: View Post

where are we ranked from 3 since the all star break?
    Not sure about the rank, but I assume its pretty high.

Post all star break Raptors are making 14 3s a game, attempting 35.1, thats 39.9%.

Before the break, they were making 11.5 3s a game and attempting 33.3, which was 34.5%.

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

You kind of answered your own question with Giannis. Kawhi "was" a champion and "was" a Finals MVP, but he hasn't brought DPOY level defense to the Raps this year, so we're just hoping he still has that in him. Even so, Kawhi doesn't matchup as well to Giannis like he did with Lebron - he's just too big and athletic. And we don't have Popovich behind the bench (small detail there, lol).
    I know I did. I expect it to be different, but I’ll hold my judgment until they prove that it is.

Leave a comment:

• GLF
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post
    Glass half full. Raps went off for 18 3-pters on 50% shooting. Pistons hit only 8 3-pters on 27% shooting . These days it's normally a blowout when you win the 3-pt battle that decisively. Raptors 3-pt shooting has been trending steadily up since the all-star break (Gasol effect?). That's big.

IMO, the takeaways from this game are: (1) some potential matchup problems (i.e. big/skilled frontcourts & penetrating PGs) that the Raptors have problems with which gives the Pistons other ways to win (turnovers, rebounding, FT shooting), (2) some more Casey fool's good regular season magic, (3) the Raptors not really that focused or interested for long stretches, including Nurse experimenting in games, (4) No Kyle Lowry means more Jeremy Lin.
    where are we ranked from 3 since the all star break?

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Glass half full. Raps went off for 18 3-pters on 50% shooting. Pistons hit only 8 3-pters on 27% shooting . These days it's normally a blowout when you win the 3-pt battle that decisively. Raptors 3-pt shooting has been trending steadily up since the all-star break (Gasol effect?). That's big.

IMO, the takeaways from this game are: (1) some potential matchup problems (i.e. big/skilled frontcourts & penetrating PGs) that the Raptors have problems with which gives the Pistons other ways to win (turnovers, rebounding, FT shooting), (2) some more Casey fool's good regular season magic, (3) the Raptors not really that focused or interested for long stretches, including Nurse experimenting in games, (4) No Kyle Lowry means more Jeremy Lin.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post
    "This isn’t about me. It is about these players," Casey said. "They’ve played three close games against a great basketball team, and they’ve made the plays to win all of them."

Casey now trying to sound gracious
    What the hell is goin on in here

Leave a comment:

Working...
X