Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 2, Playoffs Round 1: Orlando Magic @ Toronto Raptors - Tuesday April 16th 8pm ET, TSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
    something concerning is magics best player didn't even have good game. while kawhi and Siakam played well. I didn't think we'd lose a game when vucevic, Ross and Fournier all didn't have particularly good games.
    Game 2 will be completely different. Somebody else will light it up for Magic. Raps gotta come out collectively better. People focus on Lowry rightfully so but Ibaka, FVV, Powell weren't world beaters out there either. FVV got lit up. Powell was there. Ibaka couldn't set a screen to save his life.
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

something concerning is magics best player didn't even have good game. while kawhi and Siakam played well. I didn't think we'd lose a game when vucevic, Ross and Fournier all didn't have particularly good games.
      We resorted to our new offense, chucking threes and the coach just trusted that those will fall (instead of running more inside plays at 2nd Q). They didn't, we lost the game. For me, the main concern is Nurse and Lowry.
      Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
        We resorted to our new offense, chucking threes and the coach just trusted that those will fall (instead of running more inside plays at 2nd Q). They didn't, we lost the game.
        Only kawhi and Pascal can score inside. There's nobody else. We live and die with threes. Raps are kind of soft jump shooting team now. We either win that way or lose. Forcing issue inside is not gonna work for Raps

Comment

Nick Nurse has a custom "nn" Nike hat? That's ... neat?

Comment

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Only kawhi and Pascal can score inside. There's nobody else. We live and die with threes. Raps are kind of soft jump shooting team now. We either win that way or lose. Forcing issue inside is not gonna work for Raps
              True and that's my issue with the trade as we used to have legit plan B in JV and a player, who could take it to the rim in Wright. I just don't trust these Raptors to be GSW and Houston in these playoffs. That's my main concern. I don't think we can afford to be a one trick pony team.
              Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

True and that's my issue with the trade as we used to have legit plan B in JV and a player, who could take to the rim in Wright. I just don't trust these Raptors to be GSW and Houston in these playoffs. That's my main concern. I don't think we can afford to be a one trick pony team.
                Yeah agree. Playstyle is soft af. Not enough variety. Orlando also shot more FTs because Raps don't really drive inside. This is who we are rooting for though. Oh well

Comment

Comment

Everybody did their jobs except our two small guards. Augustine is no giant either, but he alone managed to out play our diminishing duo. Lowry's 0 - 7 FG's and 0 - 2 FT's is one of the biggest playoff disappearing acts of all time given his All-Star, contract status..

Comment

True and that's my issue with the trade as we used to have legit plan B in JV and a player, who could take it to the rim in Wright. I just don't trust these Raptors to be GSW and Houston in these playoffs. That's my main concern. I don't think we can afford to be a one trick pony team.
                      We rarely see our bigs getting an easy dunk on a PnR or a guard drive and dish. Our 2 point guards are not quick enough to get to the bucket and our bigs are either at 3pt line or elbow for a jumper. These are easy buckets that other teams routinely get vs Raps or draw fouls.

Comment

Zak24gege wrote: View Post

We rarely see our bigs getting an easy dunk on a PnR or a guard drive and dish. Our 2 point guards are not quick enough to get to the bucket and our bigs are either at 3pt line or elbow for a jumper. These are easy buckets that other teams routinely get vs Raps or draw fouls.
                        Or putbacks and tip-ins... because our bigs can't rebound.

Comment

I am zen in my den....
                          Big Raptor win incoming.....sucks to have a few days off right now

Comment

SN:
                            And now the adjustments begin. As an NBA head coach, you’re always adjusting. But the importance of those adjustments — the scrutiny, too — is never higher than in the playoffs, when you compete against the same team at least four, and as many as seven, times consecutively, with each win or loss carrying increasing influence over what you’ll be doing next week.

But it’s a tough balance when the quality of your process isn’t necessarily reflected in your result, as is the case for the Toronto Raptors, who lost to the Orlando MagicSaturday night, 104-101. The Raptors did plenty of things well. They shot better than their opponents, they committed only one more turnover, they had a higher assist rate, true shooting percentage, and effective field goal rate.

But they still lost.

Comment

Clean up the boards, the communication on PNR coverage and the overall intensity and we are fine. Raps didn’t look like they realized that the playoffs started while magic have been in playoffs mode for weeks.
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
                                SN:
                                And now the adjustments begin. As an NBA head coach, you’re always adjusting. But the importance of those adjustments — the scrutiny, too — is never higher than in the playoffs, when you compete against the same team at least four, and as many as seven, times consecutively, with each win or loss carrying increasing influence over what you’ll be doing next week.

But it’s a tough balance when the quality of your process isn’t necessarily reflected in your result, as is the case for the Toronto Raptors, who lost to the Orlando MagicSaturday night, 104-101. The Raptors did plenty of things well. They shot better than their opponents, they committed only one more turnover, they had a higher assist rate, true shooting percentage, and effective field goal rate.

But they still lost.
                                FT's favoured Magic...+9
                                Last edited by Zak24gege; Sun Apr 14, 2019, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X