X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puffer
    replied
    Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post

Green was almost MVP of the NBA finals and shot 70% from 3 that series. Yea it was awhile ago but his performance is not because he’s shook IMO.

The downside of the bench shitting the bed is that guys like Green have to play more minutes then they are used to. I think the guy is worn out and his legs are shot. Could be wrong but I don’t think we can say he’s not a proven playoff performer.
    He has referred several times about having a hard time dunking. The other guys even kid him about it when he does dunk. I think he has some issues, whether he is tired or muscles being sore or hurt I'm not sure.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post

I'm not unsympathetic to your hypothetically not ungenius take, I just prefer to imagine playing 43 minutes of 2 way ECF basketball could take your legs out of a shot.
    "ungenius"? LOL

Leave a comment:

• Rudy Bargnani
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Whatever it is. I want him gone next season. We need more playoff performers and less of playoff chokers on this team. Tired of this shit.
    Green was almost MVP of the NBA finals and shot 70% from 3 that series. Yea it was awhile ago but his performance is not because he’s shook IMO.

The downside of the bench shitting the bed is that guys like Green have to play more minutes then they are used to. I think the guy is worn out and his legs are shot. Could be wrong but I don’t think we can say he’s not a proven playoff performer.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    Zak24gege wrote: View Post

I wonder what other parts he is talking about? He can't even do what he is there to do!
    Whatever it is. I want him gone next season. We need more playoff performers and less of playoff chokers on this team. Tired of this shit.

Leave a comment:

• Zainab
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Consmap may have had appendix surgery. This comes down to either old school joey or long live scrappy.
    Joey, you're up next!

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Consmap may have had appendix surgery. This comes down to either old school joey or long live scrappy.

Leave a comment:

• Zak24gege
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

Nah. It's not an excuse. He's just admitting that he's a "system player". He needs more scripted plays, even though on his pod he talked about enjoying the new-found freedom to develop other parts of his game, under Nurse. It sounded like a very light shot at Pop. But it looks like Green is another guy that needs a role card and he excels at that. There's a reason why Pop is the GOAT coach. He makes guys stay in their lane, even if it bruises their egos a bit.
    I wonder what other parts he is talking about? He can't even do what he is there to do!

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Zak24gege wrote: View Post

I'm getting tired of Danny Green's excuses. He said he wasn't "shot ready". Now I know why they shipped him out of San Antonio. In late game situations when it comes to making shots or plays on offense it's hot potato time. He is supposedly our best 3pt shooter, lol The guy is afraid to shoot. When was the last time he has made a late game 3? I can't remember. Certainly not this playoff year. Last night at crunch time, he committed a brutal turnover. Missed horribly (one air-ball) on 2 3's and even missed that free throw at the end of the game. Start Norm.
    Nah. It's not an excuse. He's just admitting that he's a "system player". He needs more scripted plays, even though on his pod he talked about enjoying the new-found freedom to develop other parts of his game, under Nurse. It sounded like a very light shot at Pop. But it looks like Green is another guy that needs a role card and he excels at that. There's a reason why Pop is the GOAT coach. He makes guys stay in their lane, even if it bruises their egos a bit.

Leave a comment:

• Zak24gege
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

The idea was that if your superstars get blitzed in the playoffs, the role players need to be able to make plays. That was the gamble. Doesn't look like it's working at all. It completely destroys a bench unit - they need rigid role definitions and a tight script as a system.
    I'm getting tired of Danny Green's excuses. He said he wasn't "shot ready". Now I know why they shipped him out of San Antonio. In late game situations when it comes to making shots or plays on offense it's hot potato time. He is supposedly our best 3pt shooter, lol The guy is afraid to shoot. When was the last time he has made a late game 3? I can't remember. Certainly not this playoff year. Last night at crunch time, he committed a brutal turnover. Missed horribly (one air-ball) on 2 3's and even missed that free throw at the end of the game. Start Norm.

Leave a comment:

• Zainab
    replied
    Joey wrote: View Post
    Who's got next? Or have we gone through our lineup? If there isn't one by tonight I'll throw together my oldest of old OG Game Threads. Lol
    Take us to the promised land.

Do it!

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    Who's got next? Or have we gone through our lineup? If there isn't one by tonight I'll throw together my oldest of old OG Game Threads. Lol

Leave a comment:

• Zak24gege
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post
    4th quarter Lowry 5-7 rest of the team 0-15
    I hate all this talk about "tired"
    1/ They're highly trained professional athletes in phenomenol shape
    2/ They just had 3 days off and a short flight to Milwaukee, this isn't Toronto to Oakland
    3/ They're only halfway to the chip

I'm not unsympathetic to this being a grind, I just don't like the excuse; it was more likely that the Bucks should have been rusty.
    I'm on your page. We were up by 2 points and then Green and Gasol failed when called upon! That Green turnover was horrific. He fell over himself.

Leave a comment:

• hotfuzz
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    So who's got game 2? From DanH's stats:

GT Starter Wins Losses Win%
    inthepaint 1 0 1
    Scraptor 9 2 0.818182
    Trex 9 2 0.818182
    Jclaw 8 2 0.8
    bertarapsfan 7 2 0.777778
    consmap 6 2 0.75
    MixxAOR 8 3 0.727273
    Joey 2 1 0.666667
    KeonClark 2 1 0.666667
    DanH 1 1 0.5
    Zainab 1 1 0.5
    007 1 1 0.5
    Maury 2 2 0.5
    007 1 1 0.5
    planetmars 0 1 0
    Demographic Shift 0 1 0
    Goldblum 0 2 0

Looks like consmap for game 2? Unless we want to go back to inthepaint which I'm cool with as well.
    We need some scraptor magic. He won us 4 straight last time.

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    So who's got game 2? From DanH's stats:

GT Starter Wins Losses Win%
    inthepaint 1 0 1
    Scraptor 9 2 0.818182
    Trex 9 2 0.818182
    Jclaw 8 2 0.8
    bertarapsfan 7 2 0.777778
    consmap 6 2 0.75
    MixxAOR 8 3 0.727273
    Joey 2 1 0.666667
    KeonClark 2 1 0.666667
    DanH 1 1 0.5
    Zainab 1 1 0.5
    007 1 1 0.5
    Maury 2 2 0.5
    007 1 1 0.5
    planetmars 0 1 0
    Demographic Shift 0 1 0
    Goldblum 0 2 0

Looks like consmap for game 2? Unless we want to go back to inthepaint which I'm cool with as well.
    Consmap if he's around deserves a shot. If not i say we start going back to the playoff performers. Scraptor reeled of 5 wins the last time we lost a game 1... Keep that in mind.

Leave a comment:

• Raptor Jesus
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post

Maybe fred van vleet wants to make a post
    He crapped out betting on himself

Leave a comment:

Working...
X