replied
    Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post

Need a proven playoff performer.
    Maybe fred van vleet wants to make a post

Leave a comment:

• Raptor Jesus
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post

Hes been around. Someone should post by this afternoon tho!
    Need a proven playoff performer.

Leave a comment:

• Raptor Jesus
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post
    4th quarter Lowry 5-7 rest of the team 0-15
    I hate all this talk about "tired"
    1/ They're highly trained professional athletes in phenomenol shape
    2/ They just had 3 days off and a short flight to Milwaukee, this isn't Toronto to Oakland
    3/ They're only halfway to the chip

I'm not unsympathetic to this being a grind, I just don't like the excuse; it was more likely that the Bucks should have been rusty.
    I'm not unsympathetic to your hypothetically not ungenius take, I just prefer to imagine playing 43 minutes of 2 way ECF basketball could take your legs out of a shot.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Zainab wrote: View Post

I have not see consman post in a while actually...
    Hes been around. Someone should post by this afternoon tho!

Leave a comment:

• Zainab
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    So who's got game 2? From DanH's stats:

GT Starter Wins Losses Win%
    inthepaint 1 0 1
    Scraptor 9 2 0.818182
    Trex 9 2 0.818182
    Jclaw 8 2 0.8
    bertarapsfan 7 2 0.777778
    consmap 6 2 0.75
    MixxAOR 8 3 0.727273
    Joey 2 1 0.666667
    KeonClark 2 1 0.666667
    DanH 1 1 0.5
    Zainab 1 1 0.5
    007 1 1 0.5
    Maury 2 2 0.5
    007 1 1 0.5
    planetmars 0 1 0
    Demographic Shift 0 1 0
    Goldblum 0 2 0

Looks like consmap for game 2? Unless we want to go back to inthepaint which I'm cool with as well.
    I have not see consman post in a while actually...

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    So who's got game 2? From DanH's stats:

GT Starter Wins Losses Win%
    inthepaint 1 0 1
    Scraptor 9 2 0.818182
    Trex 9 2 0.818182
    Jclaw 8 2 0.8
    bertarapsfan 7 2 0.777778
    consmap 6 2 0.75
    MixxAOR 8 3 0.727273
    Joey 2 1 0.666667
    KeonClark 2 1 0.666667
    DanH 1 1 0.5
    Zainab 1 1 0.5
    007 1 1 0.5
    Maury 2 2 0.5
    007 1 1 0.5
    planetmars 0 1 0
    Demographic Shift 0 1 0
    Goldblum 0 2 0

Looks like consmap for game 2? Unless we want to go back to inthepaint which I'm cool with as well.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post

Ultimately it was Kawhi that looked the most tired (maybe Gasol, but he's not really a guy we go to on offense anyway). And that's understandable. He put it all on the line for us in game 7. That was an emotional game as well. It's an excuse but a valid one in my opinion.

Hopefully Kawhi comes back hungrier in game 2. He needs to put out an efficient game for us to have a chance against the Bucks.
    Kawhi forced the issue a lot in the second half, often needlessly.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post
    2/ They just had 3 days off and a short flight to Milwaukee, this isn't Toronto to Oakland

I'm not unsympathetic to this being a grind, I just don't like the excuse; it was more likely that the Bucks should have been rusty.
    Ultimately it was Kawhi that looked the most tired (maybe Gasol, but he's not really a guy we go to on offense anyway). And that's understandable. He put it all on the line for us in game 7. That was an emotional game as well. It's an excuse but a valid one in my opinion.

Hopefully Kawhi comes back hungrier in game 2. He needs to put out an efficient game for us to have a chance against the Bucks.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Zak24gege wrote: View Post

So why is Nurse expecting players to do things they are not good at or do not have the skills to execute?
    The idea was that if your superstars get blitzed in the playoffs, the role players need to be able to make plays. That was the gamble. Doesn't look like it's working at all. It completely destroys a bench unit - they need rigid role definitions and a tight script as a system.

Leave a comment:

• Zak24gege
    replied
    Game 1 was ours to win. The guy I am most disappointed with is Green. He is just not doing anything.

Leave a comment:

• Zak24gege
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

In theory, the concept of putting out more smaller players is to gain an advantage using quickness to get by a defender with dribble penetration, while limiting turnovers. Problem is that Lowry and FVV are slow-footed and can't take anybody off the dribble, and Norm is just a straight line driver, with no real shiftiness to get by his man and makes poor decisions when he's stopped. The personnel we have doesn't fit what Nurse is trying to do.

To execute what Nurse wants, you need a guards like Kemba, Eric Gordon, Kyrie, etc... who can beat their man off the dribble 1-on-1.
    So why is Nurse expecting players to do things they are not good at or do not have the skills to execute?

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    inthepaint wrote: View Post

What I have a problem with is playing the 3 of them together. FVV is problably unplayable period at this point, but Norm is a very serviceable player on a spot up role or in transition, and Lowry is light years away from both of them in just about every facet of the game (defence, playmaking, court vision, rebounding, experience etc). What just about everyone on this board seem to agree though is that the on court fit of of these 3 just doesn't work. It weakens a team that's already not strong on rebounding, it takes away physicallity on both ends,among other issues.

Hopefully nurse will resist his urge to do it in gm 2
    It's not an urge, it's a core belief. It's really hard to get people to change what they truly believe in. Especially smart people. Sometimes they have to fail badly and then have time to reflect on what TF happened.

Leave a comment:

• inthepaint
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

In theory, the concept of putting out more smaller players is to gain an advantage using quickness to get by a defender with dribble penetration, while limiting turnovers. Problem is that Lowry and FVV are slow-footed and can't take anybody off the dribble, and Norm is just a straight line driver, with no real shiftiness to get by his man and makes poor decisions when he's stopped. The personnel we have doesn't fit what Nurse is trying to do.

To execute what Nurse wants, you need a guards like Kemba, Eric Gordon, Kyrie, etc... who can beat their man off the dribble 1-on-1.
    What I have a problem with is playing the 3 of them together. FVV is problably unplayable period at this point, but Norm is a very serviceable player on a spot up role or in transition, and Lowry is light years away from both of them in just about every facet of the game (defence, playmaking, court vision, rebounding, experience etc). What just about everyone on this board seem to agree though is that the on court fit of of these 3 just doesn't work. It weakens a team that's already not strong on rebounding, it takes away physicallity on both ends,among other issues.

Hopefully nurse will resist his urge to do it in gm 2

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    inthepaint wrote: View Post

Disturbingly true

Leave a comment:

Working...
X