Everything Round 4: Raptors vs. Warriors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suspenders wrote: View Post

No one down the road is going to say "KD joined the Warriors to win his rings". They will just remember that he won.
    Of course they win be remember they have Demarcus cousins and bogut coming off the bench

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
      Vince Carter working on NBA TV in Oakland but not in Toronto? hmm.
      Vince hasn't shown up or tweeted or done anything for us this whole run. We're getting support everywhere from Mugsy Bogues to Stoudamire to Jalen, even T Mac trying to get in on that. Demar did a interview of support, Isaiah Thomas happy, Chuck Swirsky chillin, all the old forefathers have chipped in their 2 cents of approval.

Fuck Vince.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• suspenders wrote: View Post

No one down the road is going to say "KD joined the Warriors to win his rings". They will just remember that he won.
        Disagree. I think KD will have that asterisk against his Rings for a very long time. Lots of people are still talking about it how much of a bitch move it was, and it's been a few years since he moved.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Vince hasn't shown up or tweeted or done anything for us this whole run. We're getting support everywhere from Mugsy Bogues to Stoudamire to Jalen, even T Mac trying to get in on that. Demar did a interview of support, Isaiah Thomas happy, Chuck Swirsky chillin, all the old forefathers have chipped in their 2 cents of approval.

Fuck Vince.
          Kawhi erased the Vinsanity magic in one season. All that's left now is a guy who quit and burned it down on the way out of town.

Comment

Fuck Vince.
            Didn't you just credit him with planting the very first seed of Basketball-hysteria in you, and really all of Canada, and the subsequent rise of Canadian Talent?

If anything I see Vince as trying to be respectful of the new team and not become an unnecessary side show story. And more like Fuck Stoudamire and T Mac. When was the last time Stoudamire repped the Raps? Give me a break. Dude is the definition of bangwagon, and not in a good way.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

Kawhi erased the Vinsanity magic in one season. All that's left now is a guy who quit and burned it down on the way out of town.
              Disagree. You can never erase the impact that man had on basketball in this country. Vince is the OG.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

Disagree. You can never erase the impact that man had on basketball in this country. Vince is the OG.
                I never said impact, I said "magic". The emotional ties to the game seven and the dunk contest are gone for me at least. Its like comparing a full house to pocket deuces.

Comment

Didn't you just credit him with planting the very first seed of Basketball-hysteria in you, and really all of Canada, and the subsequent rise of Canadian Talent?

If anything I see Vince as trying to be respectful of the new team and not become an unnecessary side show story. And more like Fuck Stoudamire and T Mac. When was the last time Stoudamire repped the Raps? Give me a break. Dude is the definition of bangwagon, and not in a good way.
                  Yes I did. Vince was a childhood hero, as well as Canadian basketball legend. Doesnt change the fact hes spent the last 10 years disassociating himself

Comment

I never said impact, I said "magic". The emotional ties to the game seven and the dunk contest are gone for me at least. Its like comparing a full house to pocket deuces.
                    Fair enough. I guess there's just nothing to compare for me. They're completely unrelated in my mind.
                    Just because I'm super psyched and happy now about Kawhi and what he's doing, doesn't mean I need to just forget what Vince did.
                    Everything we were, has led us to being everything we are.

Comment

Yes I did. Vince was a childhood hero, as well as Canadian basketball legend. Doesnt change the fact hes spent the last 10 years disassociating himself
                      ... Like basically every single one of those other guys you just mentioned? Lol

I mean, why still even care? I mean, it may be a crude metaphor, but that'd be like me marrying a supermodel, but still holding a grudge against some girl in grade school for breaking up with me.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

When we win, the media is going to put the Mother of all Asterisks on our championship.... but IDGAF. This looks a lot like destiny.
                        Not concerned about the asterisk at all.

If Raps pull this off, I'm getting myself a replica championship ring!
                        Last edited by Nilanka; Wed Jun 5, 2019, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Fuck Vince.
                          Well, he's on The Jump now and giving the Raptors a lot of love. So.....

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Well, he's on The Jump now and giving the Raptors a lot of love. So.....

I take it all back. There goes my hero. There goes my Goat.

Comment

Fair enough. I guess there's just nothing to compare for me. They're completely unrelated in my mind.
                              Just because I'm super psyched and happy now about Kawhi and what he's doing, doesn't mean I need to just forget what Vince did.
                              Everything we were, has led us to being everything we are.
                              You're right, right now is no comparison to back then. Where Vince took the team was incredibly minor compared to how far they've come now and how he left the team is what diminished what he did. Thanks for setting me straight.

Comment

You're right, right now is no comparison to back then. Where Vince took the team was incredibly minor compared to how far they've come now and how he left the team is what diminished what he did. Thanks for setting me straight.
                                Lol Okie doke.

Comment

Working...
                                X