• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lol this is great, what an exhausting week:
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
      I'm a bit concerned about the Ibaka/Gasol dynamic. I'm not sure if either one would buy into coming off the bench this year.
      Don't worry. One or both of them will be traded during the season.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Don't worry. One or both of them will be traded during the season.
        At the same time, I doubt either can play a full season at 30+ minutes a game. If both play 65-70 games, they get a decent amount of run as the lead guy, Ibaka gets to beat up on secondary units and will be fresh for a playoff run. I’d get it if one or both want a starting role on a potentially contending team, but at the same time they seem happy where they are.

Im totally fine with pretty much anything this year, though if the plan is to run it back Id prefer to see another ball handler. For a team that lacked shot creation for streches last year, I dont think recent acquisitions will cut it.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
          SAS was forced to admit he didn't think Kawhi would come back because he of his own biases: he couldn't stand the idea of the Championship residing in the place basketball was ****ing invented.
          Pedantic note: a Canadian invented basketball; however, he did so in Massachusetts.

Comment

• Why hasn't Jalen Rose come out and explain why he heard we had a 99% chance of keeping Kawhi but then 1% happened. Same with the dudes talking up and guaranteeing LA

These talking head should man up and step up.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
              Why hasn't Jalen Rose come out and explain why he heard we had a 99% chance of keeping Kawhi but then 1% happened. Same with the dudes talking up and guaranteeing LA

The Clippers got Kawhi because they secured PG. If the Raptors secured PG then maybe Kawhi is here. That said, the talking heads say sensational things for ratings and clicks. Ratings and clicks aren't generated by using airtime later explaining their errors. Just a guess on my part.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                Why hasn't Jalen Rose come out and explain why he heard we had a 99% chance of keeping Kawhi but then 1% happened. Same with the dudes talking up and guaranteeing LA

Literally no one, not even the media knew about the PG trade before it happened. Jalen wasn't wrong. There were reports that Kawhi was leaning towards the Raptors before the PG trade happened and probably would be a Raptor if the trade didn't happen or if Raptors traded for PG.

Comment

• OKC trades Jerami Grant to Denver for a first-rounder because the tank is on and it's only a matter of time before Westbrook and probably Adams go out the door. Westbrook will be either a Heatle or a Knick by January at the latest.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Literally no one, not even the media knew about the PG trade before it happened. Jalen wasn't wrong. There were reports that Kawhi was leaning towards the Raptors before the PG trade happened and probably would be a Raptor if the trade didn't happen or if Raptors traded for PG.
                    The reports were wrong.

Kawhi never intended to return, it was L.A or bust for him.

Kawhi fixed the situation at the Clippers by calling PG and orchestrating the trade. If he couldn't convince PG to go with it, he would've been in a Lakers uniform.

Nothing was needed to add to the Raptors but run it back again, same as before.

Comment

• Trey lyles qualifying offer has been removed make him a UFA. If we can get him for the MLE i think he could be a good pickup. Looks like masai is down to take a chance on guys who have been in the league 3-5 years with a short deal. If we can get him for a reasonable price i say you jump on it.
                      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                        OKC trades Jerami Grant to Denver for a first-rounder because the tank is on and it's only a matter of time before Westbrook and probably Adams go out the door. Westbrook will be either a Heatle or a Knick by January at the latest.
                        Adams is young. He probably stays.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                          Trey lyles qualifying offer has been removed make him a UFA. If we can get him for the MLE i think he could be a good pickup. Looks like masai is down to take a chance on guys who have been in the league 3-5 years with a short deal. If we can get him for a reasonable price i say you jump on it.
                          I like Diallo better but Trey Lyles would be nice project.
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Avery Bradley to the Lakers and Jabari Parker to the Hawks

Comment

• We just guaranteed us another championship.
                              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X