Everything 2019 Offseason!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• schmemily wrote: View Post
    I'm stuck on the Kevon Looney Warriors deal for three years/15 mil. FiveThiryEight's CARMELO player projections rate him as a future all-star, not to mention dude played through a fractured collarbone in the finals. Five million a year seems measly.
    That model is terrible. It values Ben Simmons at more than twice Kawhi. Don't use it for anything other than laughs.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

You think he'll wait until July 4th, Independence Day to make the announcement?
      I know nothing but assume that everyone involved will want to get it done before the holiday weekend (and effectively summer for the Kawhi camp). So, end of business Wednesday at the latest.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
        So here's another possibility for Kawhi signing short-term in Toronto and then ending up in LA: he signs a 2+1 with Toronto, with a handshake agreement with the Raptors that they will, at his request, explore a sign-and-trade with the LA teams. They inform the LA teams of this, and that they should be prepared to have the necessary cap-space and assets. Next summer, as Toronto retools, Kawhi gets traded to one of the LA teams for an asset like SGA. After one year, Kawhi opts out of his player option, and can now resign with the LA team for a 5-year veteran max contract on 8% raises. I think that's harder for the Lakers to pull off compared to the Clippers, but if they really want Kawhi, I imagine they could make it work.
        We are getting a little down the rabbit hole here.

ALSO I FUCKING HATE THIS NEW FORUM IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO USE JESUS CHRIST

Last edited by Scraptor; Tue Jul 2, 2019, 03:20 PM.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post

Yeah I have no idea how to insert a gif.

I def tried to quote the same post you did and insert the gif of Jim Carrey in Liar Liar drinking a glass of water and then spitting it out yelling "OH COME ON!"... no luck.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post

We're so far down the rabbit hole weve almost come back out the rabbits mouth
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• lmao Kawhi is basically Bigfoot at this point

Comment

• Must be the impersonator from Toronto. JHC.

Comment

• Comment

• So, non-Kawhi related.... is there really no market for Cousins? Seeing stories that he might not even get a full MLE? That seems crazy to me unless teams are that concerned with his health. He can still play.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                      So, non-Kawhi related.... is there really no market for Cousins? Seeing stories that he might not even get a full MLE? That seems crazy to me unless teams are that concerned with his health. He can still play.
                      Yeah who knows, maybe he's holding out for a decent contract? Because he looked pretty bad this year. One-armed Kevon Looney outplayed him in the Finals, and Looney only just got 3 yrs/$15m.

I won't be surprised if Boogie has another peanuts contract.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                        So, non-Kawhi related.... is there really no market for Cousins? Seeing stories that he might not even get a full MLE? That seems crazy to me unless teams are that concerned with his health. He can still play.
                        Well, he's basically just riding on his name now. Had a good amount of playoff minutes on a great team, but wasn't very impactful even though you could attribute some of that to coming back from injury. So for a guy that was never great defensively and with a history of a temper, to lose some of his offensive touch too, that's gonna be dry for him.

Comment

• https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...ws/1791602/amp

Report: Lakers remain confident they're front-runners for Kawhi

bah on 2nd thought why did I even post this. Wasted journalism....
                          Last edited by Tmac2darak; Tue Jul 2, 2019, 05:42 PM.

Comment

• Crazy how much Boogies stock has fallen. I almost feel bad for the guy. I mean:

Vucevic: 25 million
                            Valanciunas: 15 million
                            Dedmon: 14 million
                            Lopez: 13 million
                            Portis: 15 million

Demarcus Cousins: Maybe someone will bring him on with MLE or veterans minimum?? This guy was talked about as possibly the best big in the world 2 years ago, right there with AD

Comment

• Problem with boogie is that he provides alot of locker room issues. He had he chance last year NOP offered him 40/2 years. He thought he deserved a max coming off an achilles injury for a big man that is unrealistic. Think alot of front office are wearing of even giving him a one year as he might just blow up the locker room and try to increase his FA value by taking shots that might not be planned for the system for him to take. What boogie thinks he's worth and what the rest of the league thinks he worth seems to be miles apart.
                              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• "Reporting" isn't bombarding the public with speculation and bogus "unnamed sources" quotes on what Kawhi is gonna do and then turn around and admit that no one knows what he's gonna do.

Comment

Working...
                                X