Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    damn that's a bad look. big yikes
    It's not just a "look" though - you are what you repeatedly do. Cousins is just a straight up mean-spirited individual. Yeah sure, they all do charity work with kids and stuff, but that doesn't give you free credits to be a psychopath in other parts of your life. There's a reason why Boogie can't seem to catch a break..... karma.

Comment

• One thing that hasn't come up much re the Clippers is their relative lack of a true floor general. Beverly's a great defender at the 1 but can't hold Kyle's jock as a quarterback. They're going to be relying on PG and Kawhi to be point forwards, which they are more than capable of, but there's a risk it doesn't maximize their effectiveness in a league that really rewards elite guard-play - e.g. breaking down the D with high pick and roll and kicking out to shooters.

Might not be much of an issue in an iso-heavy offense built around Kawhi/PG, but something to keep an eye on.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

It's not just a "look" though - you are what you repeatedly do. Cousins is just a straight up mean-spirited individual. Yeah sure, they all do charity work with kids and stuff, but that doesn't give you free credits to be a psychopath in other parts of your life. There's a reason why Boogie can't seem to catch a break..... karma.
        Probably more to do with not being coachable, not being a leader/great teammate, and never getting in elite playing shape to avoid injury, but I guess karma works as a catch-all term.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

Probably more to do with not being coachable, not being a leader/great teammate, and never getting in elite playing shape to avoid injury, but I guess karma works as a catch-all term.
          Or Jack-ass.

Comment

That's not true at all. He broke his ACL, his Achilles, his ex wife's spirit.. he breaks shit all the time
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

That's not true at all. He broke his ACL, his Achilles, his ex wife's spirit.. he breaks shit all the time
              Not sure about that. For all we know she could be licking her chops at another court ordered payday from Boogie, and a recurring role on Baller Wives. Maybe they deserve each other.

Comment

Not sure about that. For all we know she could be licking her chops at another court ordered payday from Boogie, and a recurring role on Baller Wives. Maybe they deserve each other.

Oh I'm sure she is. One thing is forsure, the 7 year old kid they have deserves better
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Apparently PG had shoulder surgery on both shoulders and might miss the first 6 weeks of the season. Their "depth" will be on full display out of the gates. I know I'll be turning into that first game - LAC vs LAL.

Comment

One thing that hasn't come up much re the Clippers is their relative lack of a true floor general. Beverly's a great defender at the 1 but can't hold Kyle's jock as a quarterback. They're going to be relying on PG and Kawhi to be point forwards, which they are more than capable of, but there's a risk it doesn't maximize their effectiveness in a league that really rewards elite guard-play - e.g. breaking down the D with high pick and roll and kicking out to shooters.

Might not be much of an issue in an iso-heavy offense built around Kawhi/PG, but something to keep an eye on.
                      That's a legit concern for them. Doc seems to always have a good, passing, point guard whether it be CP3 or Rondo. Kawhi, as good as he was last season tended to be turnover prone when he was handling those duties.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

That's a legit concern for them. Doc seems to always have a good, passing, point guard whether it be CP3 or Rondo. Kawhi, as good as he was last season tended to be turnover prone when he was handling those duties.
                        Yeah, Gasol was often the safety valve for Kawhi when he got stuck. A big target who can move the ball quickly, and defend his own position. I could see the Clippers adding Noah or Bogut to fill that role cheaply.

Comment

Apparently PG had shoulder surgery on both shoulders and might miss the first 6 weeks of the season. Their "depth" will be on full display out of the gates. I know I'll be turning into that first game - LAC vs LAL.
                          They may punt the regular season a bit.. I think getting to the playoffs is all that matters (that's when Kawhi lace's 'em up). They should still get into the playoffs.. even as a 4 or 5th seed they can win it all. The depth only helps to get them to the dance.

Getting the first seed, and home court all the way through is a nice bonus.. but when you have a guy like Kawhi on your team that doesn't really matter. He plays just as good on the road as he does at home. Same with PG.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

They may punt the regular season a bit.. I think getting to the playoffs is all that matters (that's when Kawhi lace's 'em up). They should still get into the playoffs.. even as a 4 or 5th seed they can win it all. The depth only helps to get them to the dance.

Getting the first seed, and home court all the way through is a nice bonus.. but when you have a guy like Kawhi on your team that doesn't really matter. He plays just as good on the road as he does at home. Same with PG.
                            DeRozan still has nightmares of PG in the Raps-Pacers series a few years ago. It came down to the 4th quarter of game 7 at home, Casey being forced to bench DeMar. Just brutal, man. PG singlehandedly gave them a chance to win it.

Comment

DeRozan still has nightmares of PG in the Raps-Pacers series a few years ago. It came down to the 4th quarter of game 7 at home, Casey being forced to bench DeMar. Just brutal, man. PG singlehandedly gave them a chance to win it.
                              Paul George is vastly under rated by most fans. Dude is a stud

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Kawhi in the style of Iverson is like, "Regular Season?? We talking 'bout Regular Season???"

Comment

Working...
                                X