Raptors 2014 Free Agency: non-Raptors thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    LeBron will never leave the Cavs again. He's back there to patch things up by the sounds of it.
    Agreed.

Only way he leaves is if Gilbert attempts to triumph Donald sterling.

Comment

• Wow pierce to the wizards

Comment

• Trying to get that last bit of cash before he's out of the league?

Comment

• A few hours old, might be posted already:

It's interesting that Marvin Williams got 2/14 and Luol Deng might get 2/20.

Comment

• Sam17 wrote: View Post
            Wow pierce to the wizards
            Is this a done deal or?

Edit: yep, I see it's a done deal, according to Marc Stein.
            Last edited by BobLoblaw; Sun Jul 13, 2014, 12:29 AM.

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
              A few hours old, might be posted already:

It's interesting that managers seem to have lost their fucking minds. They all have cap space to spend on guys they couldn't get....So they'd rather spend it on nobodys than not spend it on anybody.

Comment

• Paul Pierce to the Wiz is not a bad signing. He'll give them experience, clutch scoring with a real edge, and maybe help develop those things in Beal and Wall. They're a dangerous team....but they need some options for depth. If Andre Miller can keep up his play from last year, they're set at PG, but they don't really have security at the wing or big spots.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                  Paul Pierce to the Wiz is not a bad signing. He'll give them experience, clutch scoring with a real edge, and maybe help develop those things in Beal and Wall. They're a dangerous team....but they need some options for depth. If Andre Miller can keep up his play from last year, they're set at PG, but they don't really have security at the wingor big spots.
                  They've still got Martell Webster off the bench. Can play 2 or 3 and shot almost 40% from three last year while scoring 10ppg. Otto Porter is going to play meaningful minutes this year too off the pine.

They have no backup bigs atm though, which is a huge issue for them since Nene is pretty much guaranteed to get hurt every year.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    Paul Pierce to the Wiz is not a bad signing. He'll give them experience, clutch scoring with a real edge, and maybe help develop those things in Beal and Wall. They're a dangerous team....but they need some options for depth. If Andre Miller can keep up his play from last year, they're set at PG, but they don't really have security at the wing or big spots.
                    I don't think Pearce to the wiz isn't a good move for him at all. If he truly is ring chasing why doesn't he go to a proven contender rather than a demi contender. He went to a pretty young team with wall and beal running the show. It doesn't make since unless he had other connections in Washington like family or something
                    I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                      I don't think Pearce to the wiz isn't a good move for him at all. If he truly is ring chasing why doesn't he go to a proven contender rather than a demi contender. He went to a pretty young team with wall and beal running the show. It doesn't make since unless he had other connections in Washington like family or something
                      Because no real contender could/would pay him the money he wants?

- Chicago is a huge IF depending on whether Rose plays, plus they're focussed on acquiring other players (like Pau for example)
                      - Cleveland has no use for him, and I doubt he'd want to play with LBJ anyway
                      - San Antonio has Kawhi Leonard at that spot, and Ginobili and Diaw also spend time at the 2/3/4 spots off the bench.
                      - OKC used part of their MLE already on Morrow I believe, plus Pierce isn't quick enough to guard 2s anymore
                      - Clippers wanted him, but would've had to S&T Redick or a different asset that the Nets wouldn't want. Only have the mini-MLE.

Comment

• wizards are gonna make some noise this season. best backcourt in the east now with some legitimate vet blood in them.

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                          Because no real contender could/would pay him the money he wants?

- Chicago is a huge IF depending on whether Rose plays, plus they're focussed on acquiring other players (like Pau for example)
                          - Cleveland has no use for him, and I doubt he'd want to play with LBJ anyway
                          - San Antonio has Kawhi Leonard at that spot, and Ginobili and Diaw also spend time at the 2/3/4 spots off the bench.
                          - OKC used part of their MLE already on Morrow I believe, plus Pierce isn't quick enough to guard 2s anymore
                          - Clippers wanted him, but would've had to S&T Redick or a different asset that the Nets wouldn't want. Only have the mini-MLE.
                          Tru

But if he was truly ring chasing, he would take a paycut of a couple million, take that Mini mle from the clips and go for a championship. I'm sure money is not a problem for him anymore and he could take a little less. Dudes made millions millions during his career
                          I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                            They've still got Martell Webster off the bench. Can play 2 or 3 and shot almost 40% from three last year while scoring 10ppg. Otto Porter is going to play meaningful minutes this year too off the pine.

They have no backup bigs atm though, which is a huge issue for them since Nene is pretty much guaranteed to get hurt every year.
                            Webster's got some physical issues that give some uncertainty about his impact.

Porter is a total question mark. He didn't really play last year and looked bad when he did.

Comment

• Porter and glen rice jr certainly made a statement after the ariza news yesterday.

Between pierce and those two the wiz will be fine I think.

They dodged a bullet in my opinion on an ariza extension.

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                                A few hours old, might be posted already:

The Heat's success this year will be coming down to what Wade can do. I see them failing due to his health. If he stays on the court all year then they're a legit threat for the finals with Deng in the mix.

Comment

Working...
                                X