• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what about Wiggins? is he playing?
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

IF the top Canadian players play, then those teams should be a cakewalk.
      Anything can happen in these single elimination international tournaments & NBA players don't always perform up to potential in the FIBA game. We've never pulled all these young guys together for a tournament before, they should be able to win but....anything can happen.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Also, this tournament is this summer right? are we sure Giannis is going to play? because I expect the Bucks to make a deep run in the playoffs this year. If they make it all the way to the NBA Finals, there's a chance he might not suit up for Greece.

This shouldn't be a problem for Canada because SGA, Nickeil and Barrett's teams aren't going to make the playoffs, and Murray's team is likely gonna get bounced in the 1st round. Those guys will have lots of rest.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

Also, this tournament is this summer right? are we sure Giannis is going to play? because I expect the Bucks to make a deep run in the playoffs this year. If they make it all the way to the NBA Finals, there's a chance he might not suit up for Greece.

This shouldn't be a problem for Canada because SGA, Nickeil and Barrett's teams aren't going to make the playoffs, and Murray's team is likely gonna get bounced in the 1st round. Those guys will have lots of rest.
            Damn you really don't like Denver lmao
            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post

Damn you really don't like Denver lmao
              I just call it like I see it.

The Lakers and the Clippers are going to finish 1 and 2 in the West. The highest the Nuggets could finish is 3rd. If they finish 3rd, they're going to play either the Rockets or the Jazz or the Mavs in the 1st round, likely the Mavs. I don't know about you but i'm taking the Mavs over the Nuggets in a 7 game series all day every day lol. If it's the Rockets or the Jazz then the Nuggets might get swept.

It took the Nuggets 7 games to beat the Murray-less Spurs in the 1st round last year. All 3 teams that I mentioned are way better than last year's Spurs.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Hopefully Cory Joseph plays. He's looking around like "where were you assholes last year?" He's very important. Super smart player, he's been awesome for the Kings. We need his leadership.
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  Hopefully Cory Joseph plays. He's looking around like "where were you assholes last year?" He's very important. Super smart player, he's been awesome for the Kings. We need his leadership.
                  After multiple summers of slogging through tournaments with just one or two other NBA players at his side, I can’t fathom him missing out on his best chance to get to the Olympics. He’s probably the program’s most loyal player
                  The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

I just call it like I see it.

The Lakers and the Clippers are going to finish 1 and 2 in the West. The highest the Nuggets could finish is 3rd. If they finish 3rd, they're going to play either the Rockets or the Jazz or the Mavs in the 1st round, likely the Mavs. I don't know about you but i'm taking the Mavs over the Nuggets in a 7 game series all day every day lol. If it's the Rockets or the Jazz then the Nuggets might get swept.

It took the Nuggets 7 games to beat the Murray-less Spurs in the 1st round last year. All 3 teams that I mentioned are way better than last year's Spurs.
                    All said as if it's facts being spoken... The Clippers will be load managing all year and the Lakers will likely start that by the New Year or ASG. I think Denver will have a better shot at #1 seed than #3. Facts.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post

All said as if it's facts being spoken... The Clippers will be load managing all year and the Lakers will likely start that by the New Year or ASG. I think Denver will have a better shot at #1 seed than #3. Facts.
                      The Clippers can load manage Kawhi all they want, the Clippers without Kawhi will still win a lot of games. The Lakers without Davis will still win a lot of games.

The Lakers and the Clippers are going to finish 1 and 2. If by some miracle the Nuggets finish 2nd then they'll likely play the Blazers in the 1st round. I'd still take the Blazers in a 7 game series over them.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Not the hardest draw but still going to be tough. I actually think Turkey is the team that will be in the finals. Osman, Korkmas and Ilaysova. plus FIBA always favours these teams who know each other and have played each other alot. Turkey has had a pretty good program for a while now. Not to mention this tourny is only like 2 weeks after the NBA finals so potentially players like Giannis who played a big role in a playoff run might not want to turn around and play.
                        Prediction- Canada-Turkey finals, Canada heads to Toyko
                        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• This tournament is going to be so good. I’m definitely gonna go to it!

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
                            This tournament is going to be so good. I’m definitely gonna go to it!
                            I'm thinking about making it a summer trip too
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

I'm thinking about making it a summer trip too
                              So fun. Victoria will be a great destination for it. With any luck the weather will cooperate, can be rainy in Van that time of year but Victoria has better weather. Doesn’t look like tickets available yet but prob a good idea to book transport and accommodations. Likely will be a lot of Airbnb options.

Comment

• Experts were asked " Who should start for Team Canada " Pick your dream team starters

Carlan Gay - NBA.com ( @TheCarlanGay ):
                                G : Shai Gilgeous-Alexander G : Jamal MurrayF : Andrew WigginsF : Khem Birch C : Tristan Thompson

Eric Fawcett - GatorCountry ( @Efawcett7 ): G : Cory JosephG : Jamal Murray F : Andrew Wiggins F : Dwight PowellC : Kelly Olynyk

Elias Sbiet - North Pole Hoops ( @Elias_NPH ): G : Jamal Murray G : Shai Gilgeous-Alexander F : Andrew Wiggins F : Dwight Powell C : Tristan Thompson

Jason Thom - NPA Canada ( @_jasonthom ): G : Shai Gilgeous-Alexander G : Jamal Murray F : Andrew Wiggins F: Kelly Olynyk C : Tristan Thompson

Drew Ebanks - On Point Basketball ( @DrewEbanks ):G - Jamal Murray, G - Andrew Wiggins, G - RJ Barrett, F - Chris Boucher, C - Kelly Olynyk

Josh Eberley - HOOP Mag (@JoshEberley): G - Jamal Murray, G - Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, G - R.J. Barrett, F - Brandon Clarke, C - Tristan Thompson

https://ca.nba.com/news/who-should-s...f1c1gji7ah9w4r

Comment

Working...
                                X