No announcement yet.

Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• we could totally use another floor spacing big sad that miller got injured, and brisset not sure, and lyles who knows. I think we will end up top 2 in the america though

Comment

• yeah was a great game. we might have the best defense in this tournament.

shooting could definitely be an issue in a single elimination game though if we go a whole game shooting like we did in the first half

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
        we could totally use another floor spacing big sad that miller got injured, and brisset not sure, and lyles who knows. I think we will end up top 2 in the america though
        leonard miller? don't think he was ever an option. brisset got hurt in the training camp and i'm not sure what's up with lyles but i don't think he was in the camp. he played in the qualifying last year didn't he?

think it was blake murphy's world cup preview where i read that they're only selecting from the pool of players that made the 3 year commitment to the program last year, so that's why guys like haynes and scrubb are on the roster instead of someone like nembhard.

so i gather next year's team (assuming we qualify) will look pretty similar to this team plus the guys that couldn't make it for injury/load management reasons (murray, brissett, joseph, pangos, robertson, etc.), and young nba players like nembhard, mathurin, sharpe, and miller won't be in the running.

not sure about guys like wiggins, lyles and boucher who played in last years qualifying but aren't playing this year

Comment

• Big blow out win. Was on a personal tape delay for about 45 minutes (woke up around 6:30), so had a chance to fast forward through free throws and commercials. But yeah it was an ass kicking. Lebanon just doesn't have the talent to be in this tournament. We were up 60 at a point.. beat them by 55. I believe Shulman said everyone on the team scored. I didn't see the boxscore but I can believe it. Edey was like 6 for 6 at one point. RJ still struggled. But everyone else was lightning from 3. Bell-Haynes was hot early. I think he had 4 quick 3's. Dort didn't play. He had some soreness after the France game and sat this one out. They weren't too concerned though. Good to see the bench doing well in this one. They struggled in the friendlies. But again Lebanon isn't really a strong opponent. I saw a tweet where we had a WC record for most assists for a team. Over 40 for the game. That's super encouraging. We moved the ball really well.

Comment

• Wow France eliminated. Latvia wins in a close one. I caught the second half. France was leading the whole time and Latvia just kept hanging in there. Gobert with a pretty tough foul to give the Latvians 2 shots at the line to take the lead. I believe France was 2nd favourite to win this thing after the US. And they are done. Can't get into the next round now. Big upset.

Comment

• Canada was the second betting favorite, followed by Australia. We’re expected to win a silver medal.

Comment

• I just know miller was working out with the team I dont think he was considered for this year

Comment

• Can someone fix this site? Been having problems for weeks. Finally seems to be working now i got an ad taking up 80% of the oage again

Comment

• Rip rr.

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                      Can someone fix this site? Been having problems for weeks. Finally seems to be working now i got an ad taking up 80% of the oage again
                      Does anyone know if this is being taken care of ? I guess it is free and we can't complain but very fustrating

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post

Does anyone know if this is being taken care of ? I guess it is free and we can't complain but very fustrating
                        Seems like it’s fixed now. Everything back to normal for me. Extra bonus: the annoying Ads are gone.

edit: nope… still getting some errors posting.

Comment

• Spoke too soon. Errors are back when posting.

Comment

• I think it’s working for me… but it seems like this recent wave of dysfunction has wiped the site of its user base. Hopefully things heat up when the season gets closer, we could be on our last legs here.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                              I think it’s working for me… but it seems like this recent wave of dysfunction has wiped the site of its user base. Hopefully things heat up when the season gets closer, we could be on our last legs here.
                              Yeah working normal for me now too.

I think everyone will be back soon for training camp. Plus another Team Canada game tomorrow.

Comment

• sad times

Comment

Working...
                                X