Game #51: Indiana Pacers 118 - Toronto Raptors 119

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post

If the criteria is PIPM, then OG has about the same overall impact as Powell, but Norm has been trending up sharply while OG has been fading. OG would be our 2nd best defender tied with Pascal, after Gasol.

Wow @ Terrence Davis. He's really one of our top 5 players when you get off the eye test too...I'm excited for next year when he's (hopefully) not on a minutes leash
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• OG is the 5th option on offense in our starting line-up and our first option to guard the opposing teams best player on most nights. Same as Gasol I'd love for him to be more of a scoring threat, but I'll take his defense over that. Again, last option on offense sort of like PJ Tucker on the Rockets.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
        Hard to get excited about the game with these Masai rumors.
        Don't be overly worried.
        Know who is the head of the board of governors of the NBA ?
        Larry Tannebaum.
        Know who is still seething over the overt tampering by the Clips with Kawhi...
        Same guy.

Dolan already one of the least popular members of the lodge has had his nose hit with a rolled up newspaper by the chairman of the board.
        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

I'm prepared to believe that, but based on what criteria?
          I can't see how he's "better" than Siakam, Kyle, FVV, Gasol, Serge or recent Powell. I'd take Davis over him right now based on short spurt impacts. And of course McCaw ....
          He isn't better than any of the top 7 as an overall player. He is an excellent defender and his ability to guard multiple positions is a real asset to the team's defense.

I'm not terribly concerned that's he scuffling right now offensively but if it continues into the playoffs it will be an issue.
          Teams are going to double Pascal and run FVV off the line and force him into the paint where he is less effective. Going to need OG to make shots consistently each game, make plays and make the defense respect him (same thing with Gasol), otherwise, the offense will get smothered and this year there is no Kawhi to bail them out.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Wow @ Terrence Davis. He's really one of our top 5 players when you get off the eye test too...I'm excited for next year when he's (hopefully) not on a minutes leash
            Yeah, and it seems he gets lost in the defensive schemes somtimes. If he starts to figure that end of the floor a bit better, he'll be a great two way player by that measure.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

He isn't better than any of the top 7 as an overall player. He is an excellent defender and his ability to guard multiple positions is a real asset to the team's defense.
              Yup but I was referring to the assertion that he's quote "one of the better players on the team"
              He's young, he's full of potential, he's worth further patience. But he's not one of the better players on the team and he needs to show more imo. 3rd year in the league, regardless I think most would agree he's been a bit underwhelming. Again ....

Comment

• I would say that Lowry, Siakam, FVV and Gasol are indisputably better than OG right now. It's arguable whether OG is better than Serge (I think so, by a good bit). But that's where the line is, IMO. Can't see what argument can be made that anyone else is better than him.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  I would say that Lowry, Siakam, FVV and Gasol are indisputably better than OG right now. It's arguable whether OG is better than Serge (I think so, by a good bit). But that's where the line is, IMO. Can't see what argument can be made that anyone else is better than him.
                  Where would you place Davis? Do you have a prediction about his floor? His ceiling?

It seems to me he is showing a propensity to learn and Nurse is handling him correctly. Hard to think where he might become playoff time. Of course, playoffs is like a completely different league. But I see him as a solid (15 minutes a game) contributor by then.
                  Last edited by Puffer; Sun Feb 9, 2020, 09:33 PM.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

Where would you place Davis? Do you have a prediction about his floor? His ceiling?

It seems to me he is showing a propensity to learn and Nurse is handling him correctly. Hard to think where he might become playoff time. Of course, playoffs is like a completely different league. But I see him as a solid (15 minutes a game) contributor by then.
                    Davis is awesome but it's so early. Hard to judge guys until they've been scouted. And he's played pretty protected minutes, as it should be with a rookie. Still, he's leapfrogged every bench player this side of Serge IMO.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                    X