No announcement yet.

Everything Off Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another thing, why does it always go to politics? Masai has never given an indication he's any bit interested in politics. He believes in racial justice and equality, but those shouldn't be classified as political but as human rights.

"Do what you love and you'll never work a day in your life"...I think Masai loves drafts and trades and training camps a shit ton more than policies and lobbying and legislation
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

I thought I recalled him saying along those lines when those reports about Washington sniffing around came up. I could be wrong though. Either way, I'm optimistic.
      While he never actually said he is staying long term, he did say this: “For me, it's always been about Toronto. I love it here. My family loves it here. My wife loves it here, which is important. My kids are Canadian. I want to win more... In my mind, I'm here."

https://www.si.com/nba/2019/06/25/ma...ards-president

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

While he never actually said he is staying long term, he did say this: “For me, it's always been about Toronto. I love it here. My family loves it here. My wife loves it here, which is important. My kids are Canadian. I want to win more... In my mind, I'm here."

How about February this year, 1 month BC (before covid)

As Ujiri wrapped up with Canadian reporters, he was asked if he intended to stay in Canada. Recent rumours suggest he could be headed to the New York Knicks.

"Hey", he said, laughing, "I'm always a Raptor. Always a Raptor."

Comment

• Steve Simmons asked what Raptors can do about gun violence in Toronto.....wtf kinda questions is that
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• LOL I knew golden would be in here panicking for no reason even though Masai was pretty clear he just hadn't gotten to it yet and had other stuff to do right now.

Guys. He's not a free agent. He's here for another season and they could extend any time during that year.

Masai may indeed want to leave. I doubt it's for another NBA team. Go save the world or something. And good luck to him if so - especially if he locks up Bobby first. But there's no reason to expect that at this point. Literally no reason.

If you want to follow your panic logic - the only reason why Masai is not extended yet is because of some terrible reasons like his asking price is too high or he is definitely leaving. Therefore, the day before Nurse extended, the only reason he wasn't extended were those same terrible reasons. Same goes for Bobby right now, as he's not extended yet, and the only explanation is exactly those reasons again. Same goes for every single GM or coach who has ever extended, the day before they were extended. Think about your logic and apply it universally before you get yourself all worked up.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Looks like FVV and Serge are a priority.

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                  Looks like FVV and Serge are a priority.
                  Bye bye Marc. Thanks for the world championship.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                    LOL I knew golden would be in here panicking for no reason even though Masai was pretty clear he just hadn't gotten to it yet and had other stuff to do right now.

Guys. He's not a free agent. He's here for another season and they could extend any time during that year.

Masai may indeed want to leave. I doubt it's for another NBA team. Go save the world or something. And good luck to him if so - especially if he locks up Bobby first. But there's no reason to expect that at this point. Literally no reason.

If you want to follow your panic logic - the only reason why Masai is not extended yet is because of some terrible reasons like his asking price is too high or he is definitely leaving. Therefore, the day before Nurse extended, the only reason he wasn't extended were those same terrible reasons. Same goes for Bobby right now, as he's not extended yet, and the only explanation is exactly those reasons again. Same goes for every single GM or coach who has ever extended, the day before they were extended. Think about your logic and apply it universally before you get yourself all worked up.
                    Appreciate the shout out, but I'm allowed to have an unfounded opinion, based on pure conjecture..... I'm just a regular, irrational poster after all. I know my role. Unless you have some +/-, net rating data to back-up the case that Masai is staying or going... you should stay in your lane.

Comment

• Getting spicy. Gasol really split ppl huh?

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                        Getting spicy. Gasol really split ppl huh?

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

KeonClark wrote: View Post

How about February this year, 1 month BC (before covid)
                          Good finds boys! That's the kind of talk I was referring to exactly.

He stay.

Comment

• I'm more than OK with Gasol movin' on but thanks for everything.
                            This same team gets worse results next season imo, maybe slides to 4-6 in the East.
                            Bucks will be good again, Boston will be better/more experienced and could lead the East, Miami is solid, Nets could well be a factor.

Always need to stay fresh, mix it up a little, inject some new life.
                            New centre, Serge and Boucher gets a few more minutes. No set starter sounds good to me. Maybe someone who will actually look at the net now and again.

Comment

• Masai's not going anywhere:

Ujiri, who has one more season remaining on his current contract with the franchise, also acknowledged that he understands there will be chatter around his status until signing on the dotted line.

“To me, there is no distractions with me, with my team. I’m totally fine with it. I understand that it gets talked about,” he said. “When it’s time to have a conversation, we will have that conversation.”

Ujiri indicated he wants to first look after the rest of the team’s leadership — both on the court and in the front office.

“It’s been an obligation for me to take care of my leadership team, obviously starting with Nick Nurse — I’m super excited about that. The future is bright,” he said of Nurse’s new deal. “In terms of me, I haven’t had those conversations and I’ll wait until those happen in the future.”

That list of priorities also includes general manager Bobby Webster, with whom the Raptors are “close” to agreeing on a new deal.

Comment

• yeah i dunno reading the masai quotes in this bontemps piece make the last few pages of consternation seem like much ado about nothing again.

No, I haven't had discussions, and honestly, coming out of this, things are a little raw... I'm going to reflect a little bit, and we will address it when it's time to address it.
                                The future is bright... But in terms of me, I haven't had those conversations, and I'll wait until those happen in the future.
                                Ujiri pushed back on the notion that taking care of those who work under him first was an improper order of operations. "Maybe you take care of the organization first and then you go last?" Ujiri asked in response. "Maybe?"
                                those don't scream "i'm out" to me

Comment

Working...
                                X