Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Off Season

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Joey wrote: View Post

    My wish would be to bring in someone like Danilo Gallinari on the cheap. OKC is clearing house, so he won't be going back there, so you never know! Maybe a sign-and-trade?

    Comment


    • GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

      I mean ... technically speaking, a bigger Galo would be ... Bargnani ... so that's a thing. Lol

      Comment


      • so Milwaukee sign and trade for bogdanovic.... Divincenzo, wilson and illyasova to the kings

        Comment


        • nba_4_life wrote: View Post
          so Milwaukee sign and trade for bogdanovic.... Divincenzo, wilson and illyasova to the kings
          Damn.

          I’m reading the tea leaves and what those tea leaves tell us is...

          He stay.

          (I’m referring to The Freak of course. Not announced or anything but the Bucks have fulfilled their end and then some.)

          That’s gonna be a serious starting lineup.

          son of a b

          Gonna be an uphill battle now.

          Glad we won our chip when we did.




          Our leader behind the scenes is seriously gonna have his work cut out for him now... gonna be tough.

          gulp.

          In Masai We Trust.

          Comment


          • bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
            Jrue to the bucks. Assume bledsoe is on the way to N.O and maybe some young guys divencenso maybe.
            Big improvement for giannis
            Is Jrue an upgrade though? Inconsistent 3-pt. shooter with all NBA defense? He’s exactly like Bledsoe. Giannis needs knockdown shooters.

            Comment


            • Yep, Bucks very aggressive (and rightfully so) on the first couple of days of free agency. Got Jrue Holiday & Bogdan Bogdanovic, two excellent Backcourt players, and only let go of pieces that weren't doing much for them (Bledsoe, 34 yr old Hill, Illyasova etc). Giannis gotta be happy.

              They'll probably start Jrue-bogi-Middleton-Giannis-Lopez. Hate to say it but that's championship caliber starting 5 right there. If they don't make the finals with that they'll probably fire their coach.

              Question is what we do now as we see the East strengthening here. KD & Kyrie will be back, word is their courting our own Ibaka and Harden wants to go there. Bucks took major steps to improve an already elite roster. Do we wilt & punt the next season to continue a pipe-dream free agent chase that will probably end with someone no better than Gobert? Or do we improve our team right now to stay competitive while our assets still have some high value from a recent championship?

              I'd say we quit wasting time debating paying FVV 20 or 23 M and go hard after guys like Oladipo, Beal or even CJ McCollum. Heck the way things are going these guys might end up in Philly or Boston by the end of the week.
              2019 NBA Champions. Glad to have doubted the doubters.

              Comment


              • golden wrote: View Post

                Is Jrue an upgrade though? Inconsistent 3-pt. shooter with all NBA defense? He’s exactly like Bledsoe. Giannis needs knockdown shooters.
                Yes, it's an upgrade over Bledsoe unfortunately . Better defender and will run the offence better. Not a knockdown shooter, but they got Bog Bogdnovic now, so between him, Middleton and Lopez bombing 3's after Giannis sucks all the defence, it's gonna be tough.
                2019 NBA Champions. Glad to have doubted the doubters.

                Comment


                • Wow. Milwaukee got a lot better.
                  and is Houston tanking? Wtf is that about?

                  Comment


                  • Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                    Wow. Milwaukee got a lot better.
                    and is Houston tanking? Wtf is that about?
                    Now that GS is not the best in the league they don't care anymore! Or Tilman Fertitta the cheapest man in the business just doesn't want to pay anyone now that all his winning staff is gone ahhaha.

                    #YOLO
                    #KAWHI202111111111

                    Comment


                    • golden wrote: View Post

                      Is Jrue an upgrade though? Inconsistent 3-pt. shooter with all NBA defense? He’s exactly like Bledsoe. Giannis needs knockdown shooters.
                      Bledsoe’s such a limited player. Jrue brings the two things which Bledsoe does well, (defend and drive), plus so many more intangibles. Beyond running the floor waaaay better and shooting marginally better, (I don’t trust Bledsoe’s shot when it counts for shit) I think Jrue has Lowry (winner) qualities to him that Bledsoe never has and never will.

                      And Bogdon is pretty fantastic. Fierce competitor. Great shot. Love his game. Wish we could’ve gotten him.

                      May Raptor Jesus have mercy on our souls.

                      Comment


                      • Everything is fine..bucks are better, but are they, what have these guys done in playoffs..everyone relax, let's just wait and c what raps do. I trust Masai..keep an eye for Oladipo. As for these rumors about Ibaka,plz..he aint gonna leave 20 million on the table, American media are so dumb.
                        "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                        My kitchen is always open to friends"

                        Comment


                        • Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                          Everything is fine..bucks are better, but are they, what have these guys done in playoffs..everyone relax, let's just wait and c what raps do. I trust Masai..keep an eye for Oladipo. As for these rumors about Ibaka,plz..he aint gonna leave 20 million on the table, American media are so dumb.
                          THIS MAN GETS IT

                          #IBAKA2020
                          #FVV2020
                          #AD2020
                          #TT2020

                          ANd

                          #KAWHI2021

                          Comment


                          • Couple of good moves by Horst there. The Jrue trade was insane though. Was it 5 picks (3 firsts, and 2 pick swaps)? I mean if they don't keep Giannis that haul is insanely good for New Orleans.

                            I like Bogdan but he's a sieve on defense. DiVincenzo was actually a pretty solid defender.

                            I'd say the Bucks are a bit better. Bledsoe was a playoff choker. Like consistently a choker. Jrue is not. Jrue isn't the best 3pt shooter, but he's as good as a defender, maybe better. Can run an offense. And the key is he won't choke when the playoffs start. Although they did lose Hill who was sneaky awesome for them. Didn't he shoot at like 50% from 3's? They have no backup, and if Jrue gets hurt (which is known to happen), whoops.

                            Bogdan gives the an elite 3pt shooter with big balls. Of course that hard caps them since it is a sign and trade.

                            Stein is thinking these two deals will get Giannis to sign the supermax. If that happens, Masai has to pivot. I hate the 2021 class other than Kawhi who's not leaving LA. I guess we stay on Lowry's back until it gives out.

                            Comment


                            • George Hill with his 3 three point attempts is hardly a difference maker. Even if he shoots 46%. Bledsoe is a disaster. Literally got played off of court. Jrue is such a big upgrade. No ego. Great defense,amazing size for a guard and great driver to the rim. He will lockdown any Eastern Conference point guard.
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

                              Comment


                              • planetmars wrote: View Post
                                Couple of good moves by Horst there. The Jrue trade was insane though. Was it 5 picks (3 firsts, and 2 pick swaps)? I mean if they don't keep Giannis that haul is insanely good for New Orleans.

                                I like Bogdan but he's a sieve on defense. DiVincenzo was actually a pretty solid defender.

                                I'd say the Bucks are a bit better. Bledsoe was a playoff choker. Like consistently a choker. Jrue is not. Jrue isn't the best 3pt shooter, but he's as good as a defender, maybe better. Can run an offense. And the key is he won't choke when the playoffs start. Although they did lose Hill who was sneaky awesome for them. Didn't he shoot at like 50% from 3's? They have no backup, and if Jrue gets hurt (which is known to happen), whoops.

                                Bogdan gives the an elite 3pt shooter with big balls. Of course that hard caps them since it is a sign and trade.

                                Stein is thinking these two deals will get Giannis to sign the supermax. If that happens, Masai has to pivot. I hate the 2021 class other than Kawhi who's not leaving LA. I guess we stay on Lowry's back until it gives out.
                                I expect these moves were done with an eye on keeping Giannis, yes. It's best for us (in terms of having time to pivot) if that happens quickly if the supermax extension being speculated about was to happen quickly.

                                That being said, If Giannis stays with the bucks I don't know if there's anything out there in terms of trades, or even free agents we can reasonably target, which would move the needle for our team in terms of improving our ability to contend for a championship. I can come up with deals which are entertaining but don't clearly make us better (e.g. trading Kyle Lowry+pieces for Russell Westbrook+pieces, taking a flyer on Oladipo), but most of those are just deals which keep us sort of relevant and give us time for internal development and/or coming up with a plan B.

                                And all of this is happening in an offseason where the organization has to figure out Covid logistics on a very tight turnaround besides. What a crazy, crazy offseason.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X