Who Should Be Traded?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

So trading him for nothing is better than losing him for nothing in free agency?
    Also remember negotiations are never forgot. If you start caving and panicking, GMs remember that forever. Hockey guy Brian burke always said "even if you're gonna lose a guy, dont dump him just to dump him. Stand your ground. Have an asking price, and stay strong. Otherwise, other exec's will smell blood and eat you alive in the future"
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• In terms of lowry’s market this summer the Heat were a big threat to just sign him outright and the raps lose him for nothing. This probably addresses that as they may keep Oladipo. Philly and LA teams over the cap. Lowry may have just got more affordable to stay here. 2 years $40 mill I say that’s about right

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post

I'm pretty sure it's reasonable offer, it's better than nothing, than why trade Powell, Davis, Matt Thomas..wtf is he doing than, were 11 th in the east, we have no center, I don't think ppl get it...his a free agent..he can sign anywhere..Kawli ain't coming back, what was the point of keeping him..it's just baffling..
        Masai will pull off a sign and trade.
        Or decided that he's actually sooner take nothing than a less than stellar return.

Comment

• You don't trade the Raptors GOAT for junk. Reputation plays a role at the negotiating table.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Also remember negotiations are never forgot. If you start caving and panicking, GMs remember that forever. Hockey guy Brian burke always said "even if you're gonna lose a guy, dont dump him just to dump him. Stand your ground. Have an asking price, and stay strong. Otherwise, other exec's will smell blood and eat you alive in the future"
            Maybe Lowry is more sentimental than we thought. Maybe he's actually happy just finishing the career with Raps
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

So trading him for nothing is better than losing him for nothing in free agency?
              No, trading him for something just we-the-north of nothing is better than losing him for nothing....or something
              Capiche?

Comment

Maybe Lowry is more sentimental than we thought. Maybe he's actually happy just finishing the career with Raps
                True dat

Comment

Why not? Hes a champ already, with young family. I dont think hes in the mood to hop around place to place like ring thirsty Chris paul without a fixed address

Comment

• Any word on a masai presser?

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                      In terms of lowry’s market this summer the Heat were a big threat to just sign him outright and the raps lose him for nothing. This probably addresses that as they may keep Oladipo. Philly and LA teams over the cap. Lowry may have just got more affordable to stay here. 2 years $40 mill I say that’s about right
                      Miami is the only "contending" team with the ability to sign him outright but they'd have to cut Oladipo because his cap hit is huge. That may happen though as I think Oladipo is going to disappoint them the rest of this season.

Comment

None of us know, so it was always funny to me when people say he is for sure leaving in free agency. He might be happy where he is now and Raptors were kind enough to have his consent in trading him to a contender, which obviously didn't work out.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

None of us know, so it was always funny to me when people say he is for sure leaving in free agency. He might be happy where he is now and Raptors were kind enough to have his consent in trading him to a contender, which obviously didn't work out.
                          Kyle may be happy here but it doesn't make any sense for the future of the Raptors to bring him back, unless we're content being non-factors until Kyle retires. He would eat up all of our cap space and we'd be stuck with the current roster. I'd rather use that space on a young big man like Holmes and start building for the future.

Comment

• Whoever said the kings will develop TD thank you for that laugh

Comment

• I liked TD too guys but flipping him for a second rounder in this years stacked draft is a fleece any way you slice it. Kinda wish we could have gotten another first rounder, this draft has a ton of wings that could change the future of this team.

Comment

• I hope trent jr is good. Not sure I like losing norm, i really think hes gonna continue with the type of play we've seen the past two seasons. Seems like a weird move for portland too.

Comment

Working...
                                X