Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Trent to Miami confirmed
      Yes please.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        This is the thing. Yes, if there's a team out there that wants to throw 25M+ at Gary and promise him a starting role, yeah, he's probably going there.

I'm unconvinced such a team exists. Before this season, sure, but both his and Fred's markets are less now than I'd have assumed coming into this year.

Here at least Gary has a coach who is still leaning into using him as a closer, supersub type. Might not even get that elsewhere.
        25 million..Damn..if he gets that, I leave 2.
        Give me one team that is willing 2 give him 4,5 years at 25 million per. That's 100 to 125 million for one dimensional player, only does one thing..I don't know.
        He might get 2 years with an option, 15 million per, Pushing 17 million per.
        Maybe there is dumb team out there...ie..Minnesota, his home town could give him that.
        If he does opt out, his GONE.
        "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
        My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post

25 million..Damn..if he gets that, I leave 2.
          Give me one team that is willing 2 give him 4,5 years at 25 million per. That's 100 to 125 million for one dimensional player, only does one thing..I don't know.
          He might get 2 years with an option, 15 million per, Pushing 17 million per.
          Maybe there is dumb team out there...ie..Minnesota, his home town could give him that.
          If he does opt out, his GONE.
          Teams with a lot of cap space.

Houston
          Utah
          Indiana
          San Antonio
          Detroit
          Orlando
          Charlotte
          OKC
          Lakers
          Dallas
          Sacramento

Feels like one of them will find Trent to be their best option. This free agent class sucks.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Houston
            Utah
            Indiana
            San Antonio
            Detroit
            Orlando
            Charlotte
            OKC
            Lakers
            Dallas
            Sacramento

Feels like one of them will find Trent to be their best option. This free agent class sucks.
            Any chance he’s gone, but with a sign and trade?

Comment

• TomAmnot wrote: View Post

Any chance he’s gone, but with a sign and trade?
              Yeah a sign and trade is always possible. If Trent wants to go to a team that doesn't have the cap space, or one of the above teams wants to use their space on multiple guys and needs us to take some salary off their hands.

Comment

• It's not just about Trent wanting to go to a team that doesn't have cap space though, that team has to want him badly enough to give up assets back as well. Not sure how high Trent's value is after getting moved to the bench and the way his season ended. If this was the Raptors' plan to bring down his value so they could resign him cheap then it may have worked.

Comment

• Trent has his preferences, but he is young. If there is a team that can offer something similar as the Raptors, but he can get a starting spot there, he'll sign there.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                    Trent has his preferences, but he is young. If there is a team that can offer something similar as the Raptors, but he can get a starting spot there, he'll sign there.
                    Yeah, I think so as well. He might be a likely candidate to walk unless Raps are willing to outbid other teams.

And having said that, we have exactly two guards that are playable with nobody promising waiting in the wings to fill in. Raps maybe can't afford to let Gary or Fred walk either.
                    Last edited by LJ2; Mon Apr 17, 2023, 02:48 PM.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Houston
                      Utah
                      Indiana
                      San Antonio
                      Detroit
                      Orlando
                      Charlotte
                      OKC
                      Lakers
                      Dallas
                      Sacramento

On which of these teams is Gary a clear cut starter? Dallas… maybe?

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

On which of these teams is Gary a clear cut starter? Dallas… maybe?
                        Dallas if Irving leaves.

Lakers basically the whole roster is a free agent so TBD

Maybe Orlando?

I feel like he'd win the starting job in Charlotte.

So not clear cut on any of them actually.

There might be a S&T market for Gary since we just went through the teams with enough cap space.

Comment

• He'll go to a bad/mediocre team who doesn't have a starting 2 guard because those are the only teams that would give him a chance as a starter. Hornets and Jazz are the first two teams that comes to mind.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                            He'll go to a bad/mediocre team who doesn't have a starting 2 guard because those are the only teams that would give him a chance as a starter. Hornets and Jazz are the first two teams that comes to mind.
                            Jazz have Sexton. You playing Trent over him?

Comment

• Yeah, the one silver lining on our guards being largely useless relative to expectations coming into this year is they both might be more retainable and cheaper than expected. I'm not sure anyone is excited to overpay Trent this summer. Even teams that can afford to do so have to WANT to do so.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Now that Nurse is gone…I think GTJ will consider re-signing back

if it is a reasonable price, both parties would have mutual interest

Comment

Working...
                                X