Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toronto Raptors who are still playing Alumni thread ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post

Did you read Fred’s farewell letter? He himself, said he went “from fan favorite to most hated”.

I don’t do much social media, but it sounds like Fred was keeping score. Whatever you want to call the metric that keeps track of negative FVV comments… that’s it.
    Fred even at the happiest time of his and city's greatest moment had to bring a bit a negative tone to his speech on stage .. That
    is my lasting memory of Fred .. Even the players were kind of stunned he said what he said .. Love his underdog
    story and I guess a lot about what has happened to him in his life my explain why he is who he is that
    came out in that speech .

Raptors victory parade: Fred VanVleet gives honest speech to fans | Watch News Videos Online (globalnews.ca)
    Last edited by guyroch; Wed Jul 26, 2023, 07:37 AM.

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post

Fred even at the happiest time of his and city's greatest moment had to bring a bit a negative tone to his speech on stage .. That
      is my lasting memory of Fred .. Even the players were kind of stunned he said what he said .. Love his underdog
      story and I guess a lot about what has happened to him in his life my explain why he is who he is that

Raptors victory parade: Fred VanVleet gives honest speech to fans | Watch News Videos Online (globalnews.ca)
      Chip on the shoulder is what made him who he is, but yeah, that was clearly a once-in-a-lifetime moment when you needed to get over yourself. Maybe also explains why it’s hard for him to be an authentic leader.

Comment

Thank you for posting this.

Yup the sense of entitlement was real, magnified 1000x from that very moment.

Funny how someone so naive to not see how flawed he is on and off court.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

Thank you for posting this.

Yup the sense of entitlement was real, magnified 1000x from that very moment.

Funny how someone so naive to not see how flawed he is on and off court.
          Fred better realize that Rocket fans are going to expect a 40 million type of player performance
          during his contract .. You don't get that type of dough without expectations ..

Comment

Fred better realize that Rocket fans are going to expect a 40 million type of player performance
            As I said, they'll be booing him shortly....see what I did there?

Comment

He will probably one of those who will lead a group of NBA players and form Liv Basketball for Saudi Money if he find Houston fans appalling LOL

After all betting on himself has made him what he is now.

Comment

• NN held camp in Toronto as part of his ongoing foundation (2nd half of the video)

Comment

• Great interview with Tracy McGrady on Ryen Russillo podcast . T-Mac really is a great interview . He he tanked Celtics workout cause he didn't want to get drafted by them

Comment

• Maybe the lack of player development is because we were bringing in mediocre players?

Comment

• The 76ers have signed G/F Kelly Oubre Jr .. Nick Nurse must already see the benefits of leaving Toronto .. Raptors
                      fill out their roster with projects and the team he coaches for will have guys like this who avg 20 points a game for
                      Charlotte last year

Comment

The 76ers have signed G/F Kelly Oubre Jr .. Nick Nurse must already see the benefits of leaving Toronto .. Raptors
                        fill out their roster with projects and the team he coaches for will have guys like this who avg 20 points a game for
                        Charlotte last year
                        20 ppg… on way below league average TS%. There’s a reason why Oubre was available this late in the off-season and why Sixers will be his 5th team in 5 years.

Comment

20 ppg… on way below league average TS%. There’s a reason why Oubre was available this late in the off-season and why Sixers will be his 5th team in 5 years.
                          You maybe right but who do the Raptors fill out their rosters with to give their coach a bench ? Garrett Temple and other
                          projects through out the years ...

Comment

You maybe right but who do the Raptors fill out their rosters with to give their coach a bench ? Garrett Temple and other
                            Maybe this is the year we got the bench right?

I say that every year, but this year, I think it's gonna be right.

Comment

Lowry + Casey's role cards consistently gave us one of the better benches in the league. Maybe some of the recent bench downturn was a FVV + Nurse thing, and also Vision 6'9".

That said... we still need a legit backup PG on the roster.

Comment

Lowry + Casey's role cards consistently gave us one of the better benches in the league. Maybe some of the recent bench downturn was a FVV + Nurse thing, and also Vision 6'9".

That said... we still need a legit backup PG on the roster.

We had an amazing bench Nurse's first 2 seasons as head coach. Things have gone downhill since.

I think you nailed the reason with Masai's project 6'9 experiment. We ignored positions and skill sets and it showed.

Comment

Working...
                                X