Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toronto Raptors who are still playing Alumni thread ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NeedTristanThompson wrote: View Post

Look I want him to be. But like. If you can't win in the playoffs where in basketball the playoffs truly are a good test of who's the best?? (unlike football and baseball). I'm not sure. I'm not hall of fame expert but my reaction is he hasn't done enough, maybe he should make like the hall of fame for Very Good but not Incredible players which doesn't exist yet!

#RAPTORFORLIFE
    #WONUS ACHIP(SORTOF)
    5 time all star .. 2 time Second all NBA and 1 time third .. He might end up top 25 all time scorer .. Saying that I don't think he a HOF'er but Chris Bosh only 1 all NBA team and that was one second ... Bosh had sucess in the playoffs cause he joined Lebron and DeRozan didn't have playoff sucess cause he played against Lebron .

Congrats last night DeRozan for hitting the 21,000 point mark .. He is going to pass guys like Chris Paul , Gary Payton , and Larry Bird this year .

NBA All-Time Points Leaders: Career Totals in the Regular Season (landofbasketball.com)

Comment

• #MyGROAT

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Your periodic reminder that Nurse can't develop a bench

Comment

• Masai and Bobby fucked up letting him go
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Greek team Panathinaikos has signed veteran sharpshooter Matt Thomas through the 2023/24 season, the club announced in a press release.

Thomas, 28, spent last season with the Bulls, appearing in 40 games and averaging 4.0 PPG and 1.3 RPG on .410/.385/.800 shooting. The former Iowa State standout also played for the Raptors and Jazz from 2019-21, appearing in 126 total NBA regular season contests and making 40.4% of his three-pointers during that time.

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
              Greek team Panathinaikos has signed veteran sharpshooter Matt Thomas through the 2023/24 season, the club announced in a press release.

Thomas, 28, spent last season with the Bulls, appearing in 40 games and averaging 4.0 PPG and 1.3 RPG on .410/.385/.800 shooting. The former Iowa State standout also played for the Raptors and Jazz from 2019-21, appearing in 126 total NBA regular season contests and making 40.4% of his three-pointers during that time.
              We could use a guy like that who makes his threes off the bench

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                Your periodic reminder that Nurse can't develop a bench

Yuta wouldn't work on 90% of NBA teams.

Did you just blackout the entire time he was on the Raptors? He got minutes and shots and was not good.

Comment

• Lowry with 0 points, 0 rebounds, 0 assists in first half and benched in 4th quarter. It’s tough to watch.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                    Lowry with 0 points, 0 rebounds, 0 assists in first half and benched in 4th quarter. It’s tough to watch.
                    Well he's 36 years old now. 2020 was his last best season -- his age 33 season. This is what I'm saying about Siakam. He's 29 years old now. Are we sure giving him the supermax is a great idea? because he's not going to be the same player 3-4 years from now.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Well he's 36 years old now. 2020 was his last best season -- his age 33 season. This is what I'm saying about Siakam. He's 29 years old now. Are we sure giving him the supermax is a great idea? because he's not going to be the same player 3-4 years from now.
                      I really don't think Siakam gets all nba this season and won't be eligible for super max.

He's 28 for 2 more months, he will be 29 next season. So if 33 is his last good season he will be good for 5 more seasons. That aligns perfectly with a 5 year contract.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                        Lowry with 0 points, 0 rebounds, 0 assists in first half and benched in 4th quarter. It’s tough to watch.
                        Didn't someone just post about bringing him back for Fred

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

I really don't think Siakam gets all nba this season and won't be eligible for super max.

He's 28 for 2 more months, he will be 29 next season. So if 33 is his last good season he will be good for 5 more seasons. That aligns perfectly with a 5 year contract.
                          Yup.. Siakam isn't getting a super-max. He's not making the all-nba team this year. I mean he may not even be an all-star. Although I think he squeezes in.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Yup.. Siakam isn't getting a super-max. He's not making the all-nba team this year. I mean he may not even be an all-star. Although I think he squeezes in.
                            yeah he had a brutal january that have brought his numbers down. what is his regular max looking like? i doubt i'm comfortable paying that either, especially given concerns of his fit with scottie. he's at the stage of his career where max contracts start getting really pricey and i teams should be more judicious about giving them out.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

yeah he had a brutal january that have brought his numbers down. what is his regular max looking like? i doubt i'm comfortable paying that either, especially given concerns of his fit with scottie. he's at the stage of his career where max contracts start getting really pricey and i teams should be more judicious about giving them out.
                              Given his bonus pay last time for making all-NBA, he's already making near the same as his max now, just with an adjustment for the cap rising. Current projection of the cap in 2024-25 is 138M, which would make his max salary 41.4M, only a small raise from his next year salary of 37.9M. Either way, he's only eligible for 30% of the cap, not the 35% supermax unless he hits those milestones. He could sign an extension this summer for up to 4 additional years, or wait for the following summer to see if a) he hits that all-NBA milestone the following season, and b) be able to sign for 5 years instead of 4.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Given his bonus pay last time for making all-NBA, he's already making near the same as his max now, just with an adjustment for the cap rising. Current projection of the cap in 2024-25 is 138M, which would make his max salary 41.4M, only a small raise from his next year salary of 37.9M. Either way, he's only eligible for 30% of the cap, not the 35% supermax unless he hits those milestones. He could sign an extension this summer for up to 4 additional years, or wait for the following summer to see if a) he hits that all-NBA milestone the following season, and b) be able to sign for 5 years instead of 4.
                                thanks. that'd be a fair contract for him, though i still don't like the fit so would prefer either an off-season trade or extend-and-trade

Comment

Working...
                                X