Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does this team need a trade to stay competitive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.I wrote: View Post

Well I'm more talking about people who constantly complain and ask for trades. Like they will come at some point, rushing it just asks for bad trades.
    There's no magic formula, but from what I gather, there are 8 key ingredients to a championship team (in the modern era):

1. Consistent, organized road defence

2. One player averaging 25ppg

3. Impactful players on rookie scale deals (you almost never can fit within the salary cap all the talent needed for a chip if everyone was getting paid what they would get on the open market - you need the rookie scale savings)

4. Core with prior deep playoff experience (also referred to as continuity)

5. A coach adaptable enough and with enough foresight to do right playoff adjustments and counter-adjustments

6. Above average late game execution (depends on smart, experienced players that are also clutch)

7. Resilience (the ability to not have a hissy-fit or mental breakdown when a series is not going your way). That comes from a well grounded locker-room culture with good leaders.

8. This is an emerging one: Proper management of minutes/load, to mitigate the risk of late season injuries. This used to be called "luck", but as it turns out, you can affect the odds of your 'luck' on injuries but knowing your players. Some players can play at all-star/MVP level, but only for a smaller number of games. Coaching needs to have a handle on that so guys can peak at the right time. Experienced players also know this about their on bodies and are able to dial up/dial down as needed (eg Lebron and Kawhi)

No team will ever get these 8 for multiple years in a row, some team never get it. When they're present together though, that's a championship window. Every front office should strive to find a window of time fitting all these 8, and every move (draft, trade, signing etc.) is with that in mind. Right now, we got 3,4,5, and probably 7 and 8. I can see a natural path to ticking all the boxes (a contention window) by the 2024 finals, without any trades. That said, if trades solidifying your path to that window come up, you take it.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

The Warriors won't go for that.
      Pascal is only slightly better than Wiggins. And Poole is a very good young piece.

How about we instead try Pascal and maybe Flynn(?)
      to the Knicks for RJ and Nerlens.
      humm

Comment

What I want is Nerlens.
        for pascal....

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

You also trade for the main reason of getting the right return back, not because you want to build around other players. Thats how bad trades happen.
          What you have described is good asset management.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

There's no magic formula, but from what I gather, there are 8 key ingredients to a championship team (in the modern era):

1. Consistent, organized road defence

2. One player averaging 25ppg

3. Impactful players on rookie scale deals (you almost never can fit within the salary cap all the talent needed for a chip if everyone was getting paid what they would get on the open market - you need the rookie scale savings)

4. Core with prior deep playoff experience (also referred to as continuity)

5. A coach adaptable enough and with enough foresight to do right playoff adjustments and counter-adjustments

6. Above average late game execution (depends on smart, experienced players that are also clutch)

7. Resilience (the ability to not have a hissy-fit or mental breakdown when a series is not going your way). That comes from a well grounded locker-room culture with good leaders.

8. This is an emerging one: Proper management of minutes/load, to mitigate the risk of late season injuries. This used to be called "luck", but as it turns out, you can affect the odds of your 'luck' on injuries but knowing your players. Some players can play at all-star/MVP level, but only for a smaller number of games. Coaching needs to have a handle on that so guys can peak at the right time. Experienced players also know this about their on bodies and are able to dial up/dial down as needed (eg Lebron and Kawhi)

No team will ever get these 8 for multiple years in a row, some team never get it. When they're present together though, that's a championship window. Every front office should strive to find a window of time fitting all these 8, and every move (draft, trade, signing etc.) is with that in mind. Right now, we got 3,4,5, and probably 7 and 8. I can see a natural path to ticking all the boxes (a contention window) by the 2024 finals, without any trades. That said, if trades solidifying your path to that window come up, you take it.
            You just drained the shot with the clock winding down here.

We likely aren't going to make a major swing deal unless its for a poo poo platter going out until the off season at the earliest.

Comment

The Warriors won't go for that.
              Pascal is only slightly better than Wiggins. And Poole is a very good young piece.

How about we instead try Pascal and maybe Flynn(?)
              to the Knicks for RJ and Nerlens.
              nerlens cant be traded till the 15th

i am interested to know why you think he can bounce back. he had a chance to play the role we want him to play in dallas

Comment

• flynn and dragic going out moses brown and myles turner coming in
                NBA trade machine, make player trades

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

what's the outgoing piece?
                  I don't know . They need a PF, I don't they'd have any interest in Boucher lol.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post

siakam trade scenario

raps recieve thier second round pick back.
                    indiana recieve GSW 2023 first top 4 protected
                    The Warriors are not trading 3 KEY rotation players for Siakam. Not sure if they would even entertain trading Wiggins for Siakam straight up. Wiggins is the better player.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

I like it. We need a backup PG. Id take either White or Donusumo from chicago if they could be had. Seems like White isnt a part of the future there, not to sure about Ayo. Seems like Ayo has got quite a bit of playing time for a rook
                      Ayo is the Bulls version of Quickley. I don't think the Bulls executives expected him to be this productive as a rookie. I don't see him going anywhere.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

The Warriors are not trading 3 KEY rotation players for Siakam. Not sure if they would even entertain trading Wiggins for Siakam straight up. Wiggins is the better player.
                        You seem focused on trading away siakam so convince me why is wiggins a better overall player than siakam?

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

We've officially lost the plot here...

The Warriors would love to get Siakam for a Wiggins-centric deal. The Raptors would not even consider it.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

We've officially lost the plot here...

The Warriors would love to get Siakam for a Wiggins-centric deal. The Raptors would not even consider it.
                            I don’t know about that. Masai used to lust after Wiggins and he’s been great this year. Wiggins + Kuminga, Moody and a pick would definitely be considered by Raptors.

It might be the Warriors who would be wary of messing with chemistry. That said, probably moot anyways because the return of Klay is imminent, so I think they’ll stand pat and see how that goes before deciding to do anything.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

I don’t know about that. Masai used to lust after Wiggins and he’s been great this year. Wiggins + Kuminga, Moody and a pick would definitely be considered by Raptors.

It might be the Warriors who would be wary of messing with chemistry. That said, probably moot anyways because the return of Klay is imminent, so I think they’ll stand pat and see how that goes before deciding to do anything.

When was Masai ever connected to Wiggins? I honestly have never heard this before. I think our fan base is becoming more and more enamoured with the notion of a Canadian....

I don't want Wiggins and no he is not on the same level as Siakam. I am not saying they are miles apart and that Wiggins is the worst player in the NBA, but Wiggins for Siakam straight up is not even close to a fair trade. Also why are we just handing them the chip.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Are people looking at how Pascal is being the first option as a Raptor? Because I believe he'd be much better than Wiggins or whoever else the Warriors have playing beside Steph, Klay and Draymond.

Comment

Working...
                                X