Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

what specific rule did I break? I said you reminds me of that? do you understand the context?

the character in the image was extremely not understanding of the importance of... you know not saying the n-word... which is exactly what you just asked about. I said it reminded me of that... but I don't see how that can be seen as breaking rules. It isn't a personal attack it is my opinion of what it reminded me of. its not racially hateful or derogatory... especially if you have seen the real life situation that happened or the cartoon that memed it.

The real man was very simple nice person but very misguided on this point. this conversation reminds me clearly of that.
    Dude, i understand the importance of not saying the N word.
    I am just pointing out that the blacks habitually using that ( and i mean habitually, not sometimes as you incorrectly said before ) is not helping their cause and is just normalizing it to the point that it leads to confusion amongst the non blacks.
    It also leads to them being hypocrites , overly sensitive when the whites use it.

Last on this topic before you all ban me,
    We can't solve a problem that is centuries old, by simply going a few decades back.

Apologies for derailing.
    You're right, l should go to forums that have deeper understanding of this topic.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Dude, i understand the importance of not saying the N word.
      I am just pointing out that the blacks habitually using that ( and i mean habitually, not sometimes as you incorrectly said before ) is not helping their cause and is just normalizing it to the point that it leads to confusion amongst the non blacks.
      It also leads to them being hypocrites , overly sensitive when the whites use it.

Last on this topic before you all ban me,
      We can't solve a problem that is centuries old, by simply going a few decades back.

Apologies for derailing.
      You're right, l should go to forums that have deeper understanding of this topic.
      if that is what you genuinely want or are passionate about it to either understand OR to discuss... you may not want to understand but may want to pontificate on some point you have but this isn't necessarily the most appropriate place.

I will say ONE thing. people have tried to use the n-word with me and I have specifically outlined to them that it is a respect thing... and not to do it and set up that boundary.. yet some ppl still seem to push it.. I wouldn't assume that the majority of black people are being overly sensitive... or that most or all black people are using it. I personally barely/rarely ever use it. Heck no one here uses it as far as I can tell. I have been called it in a racist way I was literally just at a store on the west coast in the middle of the day. someone was following me around between aisles and kept saying the word. I didn't even respond but I felt threatened the person flashed a knife at me...and said he would gut me... and was yelling at me across two cashier lines trying to get behind me in line... no one said anything... I was doing best not to respond... no one asked me if I was ok.. and that is fine ... oh and he ran ahead to wait for me outside luckily my friend was with me. I've had people tell me that they didn't want my presence around there kids ... when I was a kid.... I have had people tell me my skin looked like dirt. I didn't bring these things up before because as I hinted to .... my personal experiences are irrelevant to the bigger picture of this type of conversation... yet throughout all of that I still kept quiet. Any time I have said anything to directly point it out I was actually ostrasized with being "too harsh". Case in point. In university someone who funny enough was from Florida joked randomly that they would hang me from their confederate flag. When I pointed out that it was racist... people got mad and said ohhh he was just joking....

So yeah most of the time you dont say things.. and those are just a few stories of many. I don't like to share my stories sometimes its needed. Again racism still exists. just having everyone say the n-word won't change that. I don't think me telling people to respect me by not saying it to me or around me is me being overly sensitive but instead me setting boundaries and I do it calmly. Some people will have a more visceral response but given that most have dealt with racism throughout their lives since childhood.. most that I have met and talk to ... don't overreact but definitely don't appreciate that.

Most black people that I know don't directly combat these issues.. not to mention the mild racism I've faced in the workplace. I think you gotta just think about gross over-generalizations.

Whether or not you are interested in learning doesn't matter but stop making general

So with that out of the way ... as I suggested how about you move on sorry for saying things after and perpetuating the conversation but it felt important to point that stuff out. This isn't the first time racial things have been brought up by you as you admitted to and as others have outlined. Trying to be respectful here and keep it cordial.

Comment

• Okay guys let end it here. If you really want to have these back and forth go to the politics thread.

This is suppose to be a place to talk raptors and general bball. No one wants to come here and see political charged arguments we are already bombarded with outside this board.

Go to a Facebook post comment section if that's what your looking for.

I'm here to figure out whose coming off the bench this season.

To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
          Okay guys let end it here. If you really want to have these back and forth go to the politics thread.

This is suppose to be a place to talk raptors and general bball. No one wants to come here and see political charged arguments we are already bombarded with outside this board.

Damn. Went away for a few weeks and this forum has gone nuts lmao. The fuck is going on here?

Bench you say? unless Nurse or Masai said something recently that i'm not aware of(and i've been out of the loop lately), I still want TRENT coming off the bench. Boucher, Scottie or Pascal, Otto, Trent, Flynn. That should be the bench.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Damn. Went away for a few weeks and this forum has gone nuts lmao. The fuck is going on here?

Bench you say? unless Nurse or Masai said something recently that i'm not aware of(and i've been out of the loop lately), I still want TRENT coming off the bench. Boucher, Scottie or Pascal, Otto, Trent, Flynn. That should be the bench.
            You forgot Thad.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
              Okay guys let end it here. If you really want to have these back and forth go to the politics thread.

reddit is good too lol

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

if that is what you genuinely want or are passionate about it to either understand OR to discuss ... Trying to be respectful here and keep it cordial.
                [That was one of the best off topic rants I have every seen. Thank you, honestly, for sharing.]

And yes, Trent off the bench makes all sorts of sense to me. Let's see what Nurse thinks ...

Comment

• I think it will be interesting to see how banton develops this year how much more 905 time will he get

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

You forgot Thad.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Why meh? Thad is a perfectly serviceable veteran bench piece who can do a little bit of everything. He also shot almost 40% from 3 for us.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Why meh? Thad is a perfectly serviceable veteran bench piece who can do a little bit of everything. He also shot almost 40% from 3 for us.
                        He's an 11th man imo. I look at him as a spark. Like, if the bench unit is not working then put someone out there who can give them a spark.

As for his 3p% last year, c'mon do you really trust him to consistently make open 3's?
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

He's an 11th man imo. I look at him as a spark. Like, if the bench unit is not working then put someone out there who can give them a spark.

As for his 3p% last year, c'mon do you really trust him to consistently make open 3's?
                          i think his playmaking is key against specific opponents

Comment

• Thad is a good contributor if he playing with 4 other good players, basically some lineup combinations that include starters and Thad. He isn't going to be much of a spark by himself.

Comment

If Thad’s your 11th man, then you have a deep bench. He’s kind of like Draymond-lite, and every team could use a guy like that.

Comment

• I forgot how to post tweets but Pascal looking good on the latest Rico runs.

Comment

Working...
                                X